Solosseum Supremo - Optimization Help Needed

Any chance someone can post their setup for this trophy? I feel like I'm doing everything right to stack the odds in my favor but I can't even get an S rank on level 22. My best time is 18 minutes and I feel like everyone on the forum is saying that using Wizard's Companion melts through the enemies but I'm spamming it and I'm out of MP items before I've whittled away even half of the enemy's life. For example, the stone tablet at the start of one round of level 22 says I'm facing a dragon that's weak to fire and here's my setup:

• Evan (main magic user)
  • Level 150
  • Genie Juice food before fight (seriously strengthens all attacks)
  • Tactic Tweaker set to 5 for dragons
  • Using Wizard's Companion
    • 18/20 points unlocked
    • Magician's Apprentice
    • Sage's Student
    • Fount of Knowledge
    • Spell Strengthener II
    • Spell Strengthener III
    • Faster Caster
    • Even Faster Caster
    • Stout Heart
  • Fireball fully leveled up to 15 (since dragon is weak to fire)
    • Pyreball unlocked with it
    • Direball unlocked with it
  • Weapons
    • Wyrm's Talon (774 atk, 496 mag, imbues weapon with fire)
    • Mightier Mornstar (718 atk, 525 mag, massively strengthens magical attacks, huge dmg boost vs. dragons)
  • Armor
    • Ebbswane's Redoubt (614 def, 458 mag def, increases maximum MP by 1)
    • Dead Knights Boots (2x massively strengthens magical attacks)
    • Godhead Ring VI (2x massively strengthens magical attacks, increases MP restored)
    • Godhead Pendant VI (increases maximum MP by 1

After spamming Wizard's Companion dozens of times and using every MP item I can to refill, the dragon is still standing, two minutes have passed, and then it takes me another 5 minutes of hacking away at it to kill it. So I've already used up 7 minutes to kill one enemy and have another two enemies to kill. Which leaves me with only 5 minutes remaining for S rank. And to be honest, the other two fights aren't going great either.

Am I overlooking some important stat? Did I accidentally equip/enable something that somehow makes dragons way stronger? Am I using the wrong spell? Am I somehow using Wizard's Companion wrong? I spam every icon I see excepts for the Xs until time runs out and I always get 5-10 icons at least. But it takes off like 2% of the life bar, if that.

I have Roland and Tani with me, as well as some high level Higgledy, but I wouldn't think that matters much as it sounds like I should be melting the enemies mostly myself by spamming Wizard's Companion. So... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Throw7

No, don't worry, these enemies are really strong and annoying. I don't how the wizards companion abilities are called (from italian to english), but I'd remove the stout heart and put the accumulation/reinforce ability (the one that increase a spell strenght, but if you press an error command it reset to 0. You should see a counter which increases every time you use the spell strenghter. Maybe I'll take a screenshot and I'll show you which one is). Use always the spell strenghter and not the combo spells (I mean, that's the strategy I used up to now, and I reached the 24).

Then put all the accessories that increase the elemental damage (rings), and the necklace which let you survive with 1 HP (you should have a lot of these. Check them . Maybe there is one with a second ability that increase the fire damage. In my case I have two with fire and wind damage).

Put the other two allies with the robot style (maybe Gizmo style? The one which let them carry more items. In this way you can recover more MP) and give them elemental weapons and rings

Also the higgledies should help you, because they increase the spells strenght. So, go with fire higgledies with the fire ball and fire imbue abilities (the last one helped me a lot, because I have no fire sword). The fire tornado spell should be stronger than the fire ball. Try both of them and see which one deals more damage. ?

Most of the players are stuck with this stupid Coliseum, so I think it's good trying to help each other. ?

the most important thing is to utilize enemy weakness, so have both leander AND evan in your team since togheter they can cover all elements between each other. i suggest you upgrade the spellflinger part since after testing the spellflings are way stronger than boosts (each boost lvl only adds about 2% more dmg while a spellfling deals 10%/20% if you have the big spell flings trained.) also you should upgrade each spell you use to 15 in evermore and swap higgldies according to which spells you want the power up on for even more dmg.

some enemies however has some higher hp and/or spell defence, so you should also have a varied amount of melee weapons for roland/batu that has elemental properties so you have something to fall back on once you've done your spellcasting. this is most important for slog27 where the last enemy doesnt take dmg from spells at all and you basicly have to melee him to death. using the ding dong del style for your melee character is a must for the bosses.

on floors where you just face off against horde of enemies the higgldy style is the better option as it gives you more mana when attacking for more spell/ability spam + the charged ranged attack will obliterate entire spawns in the clouds.

"edit" forgot to mention about the wizard companion, using the bigger spells makes spell fling deal more dmg per hit but the smaller spells deal more dmg per mana used, to efficiently utilize this you must ONLY use the expensive spells doing gold orb boosts where they are free regardless, stuff like evans astra should only be used for example doing gold orb but without you use his other light spell that only takes 2 mana.

Edited by Sun_emperor1

I can't get past floor 23s last boss. The boss is on fire and if you get close you die. He was weak to darkness but my attacks still did barely anything on him. He's lvl 151. I have pretty decent gear too but I barely got half his health down. He also charges up a move really fast which wipes my party with darkness. I'm at a loss. 

On 3/23/2019 at 3:01 AM, Sun_emperor1 said:

the most important thing is to utilize enemy weakness, so have both leander AND evan in your team since togheter they can cover all elements between each other. i suggest you upgrade the spellflinger part since after testing the spellflings are way stronger than boosts (each boost lvl only adds about 2% more dmg while a spellfling deals 10%/20% if you have the big spell flings trained.) also you should upgrade each spell you use to 15 in evermore and swap higgldies according to which spells you want the power up on for even more dmg.

some enemies however has some higher hp and/or spell defence, so you should also have a varied amount of melee weapons for roland/batu that has elemental properties so you have something to fall back on once you've done your spellcasting. this is most important for slog27 where the last enemy doesnt take dmg from spells at all and you basicly have to melee him to death. using the ding dong del style for your melee character is a must for the bosses.

on floors where you just face off against horde of enemies the higgldy style is the better option as it gives you more mana when attacking for more spell/ability spam + the charged ranged attack will obliterate entire spawns in the clouds.

"edit" forgot to mention about the wizard companion, using the bigger spells makes spell fling deal more dmg per hit but the smaller spells deal more dmg per mana used, to efficiently utilize this you must ONLY use the expensive spells doing gold orb boosts where they are free regardless, stuff like evans astra should only be used for example doing gold orb but without you use his other light spell that only takes 2 mana.

Sorry, can  you clarify what you mean by spellflings? I'm not familiar with that term. You say they are better than boosts. Which boosts are you referring to?

Just cut down my level 22 time from 20 minutes to 8 minutes on my first try back after implementing a bunch of suggestions in this thread. Reworked my Wizard Companion a bit. Swapped out my higgldies for the element the boss is weak to. Realized I could continue refilling my MP by using the items that refill both HP and MP. Just a bunch of small tweaks and I went from being 8 minutes over goal to 4 minutes under it. Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help.

9 hours ago, Throw7 said:

Sorry, can  you clarify what you mean by spellflings? I'm not familiar with that term. You say they are better than boosts. Which boosts are you referring to?

the wizard companion style, when you cast spells you get 3 different icons, spell fling which launches an elemental bolt while you cast the spell, boost which increases the dmg of the spell and the X which prevents you from pressing icons for a while

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe no one has a simple guide for the solosseum levels! Please fill out what works for you ;)  (copy this form or make your own)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| LEVEL  | MAGIC   | SWORD   | HAMMER   | BOW   | WAND   | RING   | NECKLACE   | BOOTS   | ROBE   | HIGGLEDY   | EXTRA   | EXTRA   |

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Slog 1   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 2   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 3   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 4   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 5   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 6   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 7   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 8   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 9   |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 10 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 11 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 12 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 13 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 14 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 15 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 16 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 17 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 18 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 19 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 20 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 21 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 22 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 23 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 24 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 25 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 26 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 27 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 28 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

| Slog 29 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 |

| Slog 30 |                |                  |                    |            |               |             |                       |                 |              |                       |               |                 | 

• 2 months later...

Hello where drop the ebbswane gear? because on the web i have see , it's drop from a chest 100 orbs , but i dont found chest 100 orbs , in lost lord lair dungeon. 

Orb chest 500 orbs = gold gear , i know but dropped to me two axes in never use lol the boss on floor 90.

Orb chest 100 orbs = ebbswane gear , but where dungeon? where floors?

orb chest 40 = dead knight armor , but too where lol.

thank you for the reply if people can said it's can help me.

here i got the 100% here my tips without use 5000 words.

1- Craft de ring VI magic power +80 x2 ( 1 for EVAN 1 for cecilius)

2- Craft the ring ailments increase X3 ( 2) increase high damage POISON SLEEP CONFUSE ECT for SHANTY and try have a weapon with add poison +3 or other effect.

use two wizard companion job , and SHANTY with the gizmo job you can use potions mana EVAN + SHANTY potions mana 2 x potions mana is a must.

3- Craft the lightning sword for EVAN

4- Craft the wind spear for CECILIUS 

5- start farm in the lair of the lost lord dungeon floor 80 and farm 500 orb pink , open the chest at floor 90 and you have all the time one golden item it's can be a spear with add poison +3 for SHANTY / CECILIUS , or one gold axe with very high power damage and power magic , the effects added are random it's the only problém

Use EVAN for FIRE / WATER/ LIGHTNING with weapons have the abilities increase lightning , water of fire if possible

Use CECILIUS for DARKNESS / WIND

For mission 27 the last mini boss just use a weapon with the weakness FIRE WATER OR the weakness he have and just hit the boss , i have do this way and easily win with 4 minutes left before the rank S.

Use wizard companion 90% time you fight , it's fast win with magic power +2000.

My EVAN and CECILIUS reached +2250 magic power.

Good luck , total time +50 hours for farm level 150 , weapons , items. This DLC have bored me.

The platinum is great and very cool i very love , but the DLC are the hell for 95% DLC i have on other game. i think devellopers always add very more difficult in DLC.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What’s the best way to quickly get to lvl 150? I’m currently at solosseum stage 22 and I think the enemies, at lvl 149 and me at lvl 135, are too overleveled for me. Also, what’s up with the terrible droprate for bronze, silver, gold ingots?

I need some advice for level 24.  I get to Temple Temple (weak to water) with 6 minutes remaining for S Rank.  I use evan for water and my stats are:

Magic Damage with Wyrms Talon 2268, Harpa Sword 2221 and Godhead Sword 2261.  I use Godhead Armor, Dead Knight Boots, Ring of Hubris IV (Magic Dmg +160) and Masters LIttle Helper

i can only get down half his health in the 6 minutes - clearlyI have something massively wrong with something.

Thanks

Edit:  Finished Lvl 24 in a time of 5:07:61 with the same build as above.  Not sure what happened differently!

Edited by paulcoe

Any tips for 27? So far it has been smooth sailing for me using the exact same gear and tactics. When I get to the big worm boss Cetus I have about 9 minutes to kill him, which I could do easily if he doesn’t summon some Ork miniboss. How can I stop him from summoning him? Until now when a boss does a powerfull move I just hit him with a big attack and that always worked. When that Ork thing gets summoned that completely destroys my chances of getting an S rank.

I’m so tired of this DLC. I just want this to be over.

11 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is it worse than FFXV's DLCs?

This Solosseum is the worst thing in a DLC I ever played. The story part was quite allright.

But as always, I ranted a bit and got through 27. They say that’s the hardest one. Three to go.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

21 minutes ago, darkamdusias said:

Yes, easily. At the every least, every FFXV DLC has a portion (or portions) of it that were really fun (Ignis vs. Noctis, Omega, etc.) - Ni No Kuni II's DLC is just a boring, mindless slog with artificially inflated difficulty. It is, hands down, some of the worst DLC I've ever played - and I've played a TON of DLC. 

Which is a horrible addition to what I think was a decent story. I prefer the original, but couldn't Level-5 do better? I'm endlessly dragging my feet to play the DLC because of what I've heard about. It doesn't sound fun.

On 23.6.2019 at 9:18 AM, darkamdusias said:

I agree - I enjoyed the base game, which I found to be a charming, if somewhat flawed experience. The DLCs released for this game however, almost seemed designed to punish people for buying the game's season pass. I'd recommend that you stay away from the DLC unless you're a completionist - there's not much in the way of fun to be found here (which defeats the entire purpose of playing a video game in the first place).

Oh great ?

I did a fair amount of dlc's in the past years, some good, others bad. But tale of a timeless tome is by far the worst and most monotonous addition to a main game I have ever experienced. The difficulty is artificial, only related to grinding out gear and levels for tens of hours, skill being completely irrelevant. The little bit of cookie cutter story they added was boring and repetitive. This is all in my own opinion and purely subjective, if you had fun with it, good for you. I would though if you are not a completionist stay as far away as possible from this dlc.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Fleks_Mhteam said:

I did a fair amount of dlc's in the past years, some good, others bad. But tale of a timeless tome is by far the worst and most monotonous addition to a main game I have ever experienced. The difficulty is artificial, only related to grinding out gear and levels for tens of hours, skill being completely irrelevant. The little bit of cookie cutter story they added was boring and repetitive. This is all in my own opinion and purely subjective, if you had fun with it, good for you. I would though if you are not a completionist stay as far away as possible from this dlc.

To be fair, if somebody tolerates this DLC enough to 100% it, they'd have to be incredibly masochistic, and/or intensely determined - that's got to be a skill, right? ?

To put things into context for everyone else, this DLC is so bad that it's what caused me to give up full-time trophy hunting. What a mess. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

To be fair, if somebody tolerates this DLC enough to 100% it, they'd have to be incredibly masochistic, and/or intensely determined - that's got to be a skill, right? 1f602.png

To put things into context for everyone else, this DLC is so bad that it's what caused me to give up full-time trophy hunting. What a mess. 

It was purely masochistic, and boi did it hurt (and felt no good). I genuinly loved the first game and was happy to see a sequel coming. I generally wait several years after launch before I play games  because I am not a fan of how bigger companies treat their customers in the AAA segment nowadays milking every last cent out of the fans pockets. I make exceptions when it comes to indie games and a few selected bigger games like the yakuza series though. But anyway, I wanted to like ni no Kuni 2 but I didn't, the story was generic and boring, the side missions horribly repetitive, the monster palette was so small they had to recycle and color swap every single enemy a felt dozen times at least, everything about that game besides the gorgeous artwork felt like a lazy attempt to cash grab on the Ghibli brand, again this is all purely subjective. I can fully understand everybody wanting to quit trophy hunting after going through that dlc door. Namco Bandai if you read that: SHAME ON YOU!

• Like 2

One thing i did like about this dlc is the fact that it significantly drops the difficulty of the lair of the lost lord trophies to almost nothing due to the level cap increase. Otherwise this dlc is almost as bad as any dlc for a multiplayer from a last gen game that nobody played.

• Like 2