Solosseum Supremo - Optimization Help Needed

I completed the DLC yesterday. My MO for Solosseum Slog:

1. Party of Evan (magic and melee), Tani (useful abilities) and Bracken (for melee), switching out Evan for Leander when I needed Dark/Wind Magic. What party you use is likely going to depend on what gear you have at hand.

2. Usually stick to one character who uses Wizard's Companion, while the other two use Gizmo Supremo. When melee is needed I equip Ding Dong Discipline on the leader.

3. Wizard's Companion has everything unlocked but Faster Caster and Stout Heart. The former is a pain IMO, the latter is useful but you'll only have points for it at 20/20. When using it I preferred Powered up attack > Powered up Purple/Blue Wand > Basic attack. > Purple/Blue Wand. Only spells that have a book icon apply for Wizard's Companion!

4. Gizmo Supremo should have the two bottom abilities that let you carry more (effective) items and have Black Hole and the big bomb. Black hole is mostly useful for mobs (3x Gizmo!) but can on occasion be used for bosses who move around a lot making it difficult to hit them with magic.

5. Higgledies who match the magical element you'll be using and can buff your spell's attacks (doesn't work with Wizard's Companion, though). If the boss is weak to melee, use any type of higgledy that can either lower their physical defense or raise your physical attack.

6. When using melee attacks, only use heavy attacks (triangle). You can boost them in the tactic tweaker (bottom right) and do up to double the damage of normal attacks, if not more.

7. Be sure to double check you have the right weapons, spells, martial arts, tactics and higgledies equipped.

Some tips:

- Wind magic: Spark Spike for bosses, but if they're directly above you, it will miss!

- Water magic: Water Balloon: don't use Water Pistol bc it has short range and only fires in a straight line

- Light magic: Sunrise, Astra (for mobs)

- Dark Magic: Evenstar and Wisps, the latter being short range but possibly more useful if the enemy is about to move from his position (like the dual wielding fairy who moves around a lot)

- Weapons: single weapon with highest magic stat; if you're not meleeing, zing and multiple weapons have no use

- Gear: look for "Massive" offensive increases, "imbue" if using melee, "Hangs on with 1 HP" at least on your partners (plus Lifeline), and the status effect the boss is weak to (and only that one)

- Gizmo Supremo: make sure you aren't interrupted by an enemy while casting an ability or you will lose it.

- Consider limiting your party members' melee weapons and abilities to just one each, to have more control over their actions.

- Status effect: equip a single weapon on one or two characters that has a high chance of causing that specific ailment, plus a ring that increases the likelihood of ailments, and give them the Gloopy Curry food. Only poison and freezing are really worth considering IMO.

- Ranged mobs: Tani's Arrow Rain is great against the groups that show up at the edge of the arena

- Boss reinforcements: Often at the very beginning of a fight the boss will start charging for reinforcements. If you use Leander's Mind of the Magos boost right away, the boss will probably succeed so use an attack immediately. For Cetus, the Stage 27 final boss, always save your Zing and use a melee ability like Flurry when he starts charging. Reinforcements will cost you a lot of time.

- Weakness: sometimes enemies that are supposed to be weak to melee might fall easier to magic, depending on your gear. So see what works. Also, enemy weaknesses can change from one run to the next. For instance, Cetus will either be weak to Light or Dark, and if he isn't weak to poison on your run, you won't be able to poison him.

I didn't actually grind earlier DLC dungeons because there's no guarantee you'll get what you want. I used what I'd gotten from drops throughout the game. For Cetus I had a 900+ weapon imbued with light which worked great (1900+ total in melee stat). In terms of magic I had around 2000 in power.

Here's a video guide I made for the Cetus fight (the "additional tips" mentioned in the video lead back to this topic):

Edited by fadingtrails
Embedded video
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm playing naturally and got almost everything I'm on 22 and it was easy enough, I thought I could write a guide but I didn't keep track of the collectibles :facepalm:

Anyway, I'ts nice read some tips about ir, thanks guys.

EDIT: I'm on the 30th challenge, I will probably beat it tonight, that damn 27th was extremely hard to beat it, 28, 29 was a walk in the park.....LOL.

I will write a guide, but it will take some time, since I will have to play all again, to keep track and take notes of every trophy.

• Like 2

I found with several levels (11 early on, then 24, 27 and 30) that the second time I played them, it was a lot easier. In one case because I was a higher level and had better gear, but in the case of e.g. level 30, they just had different weaknesses that better suited my team, and I went from something like ten minutes over time to ten minutes under time. And every level except 27 and one stage in 28 can be done with Evan and/or Leander spamming the appropriate (whatever they are weak to) spell. The melee ones I beat by having a weapon imbued with the weakness, even if it's base power was a lot less than my 'best' weapons. And using higgledies that imbue weapons with the weakness/boosting spells the monsters are weak too. That was it really. Went from insurmountable to 'oh, that was easier than I thought' with some tweaking.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Oh man, i thought i was almost done when i hit lvl150. But im at stage 22 on this solosseum, and i know i will have my hands full, i almost havent seen any ingots, so i guess i will be playing 1000 rounds here

Don’t even bother farming ingots, just do runs in the labyrinth. Start at floor 80, work your way to 90, make sure to clear out any “rumpus rooms” if they appear and accumulate 500 orbs for the special chest after the boss. Each run I was getting 2-4 legendary weapons/equipment. Don’t forget to set your setting for rarer equipment drops.