What makes you replay a game?

AaronMeh

Do you replay it because it was so enjoyable you would play it again, or because you want to try it on a different difficulty, or because you want to get the trophies you missed, etc. 

Personally i never replay a game unless it was fun enough for me to want to play it all over again. 

Also feel free to name the games that you've replayed the most :P

Edited by ImCorrupt
  • Like 1

it was so enjoyable you would play it again, or because you want to try it on a different difficulty, or because you want to get the trophies you missed, etc. 

all of the above

or if it's a game i haven't played in a while and i'm trying to remember something that happened in it

Edited by shawnbenham

Mainly for trophies 

But if it's a game that is of EPIC Proportions ill play it mutliple times 

also depends what mood i'm in 

iv'e replayed tons of Old Classic games ...... 

For ps3 though the game i think iv'e played through most is : Heavy Rain 

and not for the trophies , iv'e played through it about 9 times 

EPIC GAME !! Probably still my favorite game on Ps3 .

• Like 1

I replay games when:

. They have multiple choices/endings/paths

. They have hidden collectibles and unlockables

. They just have an all around awesome story or characters. For instance, GTA IV(all three stories) is mostly the same through every playthrough, but I have passed it about six or seven times now. I even watch the cut-scenes again.

Because I loved the game, basically because all of the reasons you stated, but, not just for trophies....Like I recently played RE5 and I just had a horrible experience with that game, I doubt I will ever go back to it again, but then again,I have Dragon's Dogma plat and have completed the game about 3 times, but I kept playing it for weeks, getting gear and killing the Ur-Dragon and what not.  

Depends

I've played some games multiple times to get platinum

but other games I've played multiple times just because i enjoyed the game a lot. Games under category include: Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Persona, Mass Effect, Borderlands and Legend of Zelda

Edited by A-Brawl3r

because the trophy guide told me i had to xD .. usually the only games i play after i plat them is shooters.. but only like BF3 thats one game i can play without thinking bout getting trophies.. otherwise im pretty much always in trophy mode when i play games

Depends, if I just like to play it again. I will try to replay Demon's Souls because I want to and Dishonored so I can play it on hardest.I mostly choose to play a game on hardest difficulty but I did not on Dishonored because of the stealth trophies.Playing on hardest feels like they have super hearing and sight which is a pain. 

I generally won't even play a whole game on a different difficulty just for trophies.

Same here, the only games I've ever replayed are GTA IV (Around 6 times) for the different choices you can make and CoD WaW (3 times) cause I loved the story. 

There are 4 times I might replay a game.

1. If I think I can plat it.
  2. If there is a New Game +.
  3. If I want to experiment with different types of characters (Skyrim).
  4. If the game was really good (ex: AC2) and I want to relive it.

Mostly because of the story and gameplay. I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution like 4 times, the story is great and gameplay too, but the sound design, the music and the atmosphere that it creates made it one of my favorite games.

I don't replay as much as I used to. These days, something has to be really appealing to me to want to replay it, just because I'm so into trophies and achievements. When they release  HD remasters, I'm kind of glad, as it gives me another pass at some good games in addition to trophies. I'm really excited to play Ico/Collosus, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Prince of Persia trilogy again. Older games that I did play over and over again were Super Metroid, any of the old Marios or Zeldas, and Myst/Riven. I think the Half Life games need to be there too, but I haven't replayed them much yet.

I replayed Mass Effect 2 and 3 so many times because I loved the stories, and so close to getting the plat in both, also replayed inFamous + inFamous 2 multiple times because I wanted to experience the stories again. Currently replaying Fuse again on a higher difficulty to get the trophy for it, but other than that I don't tend to replay games unless they are really good