Persona 5 The Royal trailer released (Japanese)

YTPerfectParadox

Probably a Marie 2.0 Aeon confidant. Not convinced that she is a FeMC. She's a first year while Joker is a second year and she doesn't like the Phantom's methods. Unless this is a new game, different scenario and perspective or something like that. Oh well gotta wait for April. I'll get annoyed if they do more teasers like "more information on May" after the reveal on April.

Edited by RavenScythe

This is the translation I am seeing passed around. No I idea if it is accurate.

In it, a voice asks, "What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?" A new female character responds, "I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don't like them. I don't think the Phantom Thieves' methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself."

The person asking “What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?” is Akechi (same voice), so that means 

Spoiler

he's alive

And the Phantom Thieves are already established, so the game must take place during the course of P5's story. This means that this game is a remake like P4G. The character in the trailer was wearing a "1" pin on her uniform, which means that she's a first-year student, unlike the original game's MC, which was a second-year student. This basically debunks the theory of that character being a female protagonist. Not to mention that the character says that she's against the Phantom Thieves.

99% sure that she's just a new waifu added to the story and I'll still buy the game solely for that.

1% possibility of it being a spin-off game that takes place during the course of the main game.

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer

• 2 weeks later...