UHD 4K HDMI Cables?

Dreakon13

I'm most likely going to pick up a UHD 4K Blu-Ray player tomorrow to go along with my 4K HDTV and try to do this up right for movies and stuff.  I'm just not sure if my smattering of unlabeled HDMI cables are up to the task of playing UHD 4K video with HDR.

I could probably just buy some cable up to the latest HDMI standards, 18 gbps transfer rate, etc... to be safe.  But I kinda want to see if I can make do with what I have.  Especially since anything I order online will probably take a week or two to get here anyways and I'd like to roll with it tomorrow if I can.

I'm just wondering if you all have any tips of what to look for as far as whether a cable I have is good or bad?  What happens if you use an HDMI cable that can't fully handle 4K and HDR?  Is it really obvious, like there's no signal to the TV?  Bad pixelation?  Or does it look great except the colors aren't quite as perfect as they could be (ie. really hard to tell if there's a problem)?

i seen the difference, can use the same old standard HDMI cable and it would work fine. i use the amazon basics brand. comes in pretty good.

though my TV is almost like yours an 4K HDTV not one of the somewhat fossil regular HDTV's.

Edited by kingdrake2