Trophy Thoughts

Stormwarrior90

For the most part they look easy. The Take My Hand - Reanimate another play and They'll Tell Stories About This - Finish a quest line without ever being defeated are the two trophies that could give the most trouble. That being said we don't know how much it will cost to buy a house or how generous the world is with giving rewards. 

So, I talked to devs about the game. In order to "see" the whole story, you need to beat the game at least 3 times. You cant change factions so at least 3 characters. for not being defeated, I'm not sure the whole questline without being defeated  or just 1 quest in that questline. if the whole questline then means you need to beat the game 1 time without dying. Looks easy tho but not sure!! The devs have discord and they have faq and they answer all your questions.

Edited by MAN3282
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I It doesn't synchronize trophies(Error WS-37073-0), someone knows how to solve? 

I’m also having the same issue, I’ve not been able to sync my trophies but I’m able to view them offline as they’re saved on the PS4. I’ll have to check again now this morning as the problem might’ve been solved.

• Like 1

Yeah, this one is going to be a challenge. I'm looking forward to it, though. Most of them can be done through trial and error and learning the game, but beating a quest line without dying is the one that'll break people, I suspect. 

You can always cheese the local co-op to revive another player. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:37 AM, LordBilbanes said:

Is this game fun?  For those who have played it that is.  Also, is there online co-op?

I don't know if making the game "fun" was one of the devs' goals. The biggest issue for me is the way the map works. You can't even see where you are located and it doesn't get updated as you discover places. Dungeons don't get mapped either so it's easy to get lost when all the corridors look similar. 

The quest log isn't detailed enough. For the first quest of the game, the quest giver gives me directions on how to get to my goal but then those directions aren't added to my log. I ended up having to go back to her and take a picture of the directions she told me. Perhaps that is more my memory being shit but in a game without quest markers, any directions given should go into the quest log automatically. 

No fast travel means a lot of running back and forth. Maybe this makes me a "casual" but I want some form of fast travel in an open world game. 

Combat is kind of shit as enemies seemingly have no "poise", to use a Dark Souls term. They keep on attacking through your hits which leads to combat usually boiling down to trading hits. 

The "death" system is kind of stupid as well. When you lose all your health, instead of reloading, you will end up in a random place. Could be back in town, could be a bandit camp or a number of other places. That seems cool in theory but once a bandit "knocked me out" and I ended up back in his camp. The stupid thing about it was when I woke up, supposedly a prisoner, there was a mace and a few other items on the ground in front of me. I did have to locate my backpack but the whole thing seemed silly. Why would the bandits leave a weapon lying next to an unconscious prisoner?

I will keep playing though because it is fairly compelling to explore the world despite the issues I've mentioned. 

There is online co-op which is probably the best way to play the game. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:10 PM, Killbomb said:

I don't know if making the game "fun" was one of the devs' goals. The biggest issue for me is the way the map works. You can't even see where you are located and it doesn't get updated as you discover places. Dungeons don't get mapped either so it's easy to get lost when all the corridors look similar. 

The quest log isn't detailed enough. For the first quest of the game, the quest giver gives me directions on how to get to my goal but then those directions aren't added to my log. I ended up having to go back to her and take a picture of the directions she told me. Perhaps that is more my memory being shit but in a game without quest markers, any directions given should go into the quest log automatically. 

No fast travel means a lot of running back and forth. Maybe this makes me a "casual" but I want some form of fast travel in an open world game. 

Combat is kind of shit as enemies seemingly have no "poise", to use a Dark Souls term. They keep on attacking through your hits which leads to combat usually boiling down to trading hits. 

The "death" system is kind of stupid as well. When you lose all your health, instead of reloading, you will end up in a random place. Could be back in town, could be a bandit camp or a number of other places. That seems cool in theory but once a bandit "knocked me out" and I ended up back in his camp. The stupid thing about it was when I woke up, supposedly a prisoner, there was a mace and a few other items on the ground in front of me. I did have to locate my backpack but the whole thing seemed silly. Why would the bandits leave a weapon lying next to an unconscious prisoner?

I will keep playing though because it is fairly compelling to explore the world despite the issues I've mentioned. 

There is online co-op which is probably the best way to play the game. 

Really appreciate the honesty of this brief review. In other gaming websites I have seen too many people in comments sections list what you have in your review as "hand holding".  Its usually accompanied with the phrase "its refreshing to have a game that doesn't hold your hand".

Listen i understand that people like a challenge, that's fine but some of the things you have mentioned, (lack of fast travel,seemingly broken combat system, lack of any sort of direction, being dropped in a random place after death) one of those things by itself seems forgivable but all of those items combined sounds like a chore.  

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 2:10 PM, stitchesnscars said:

Really appreciate the honesty of this brief review. In other gaming websites I have seen too many people in comments sections list what you have in your review as "hand holding".  Its usually accompanied with the phrase "its refreshing to have a game that doesn't hold your hand".

Listen i understand that people like a challenge, that's fine but some of the things you have mentioned, (lack of fast travel,seemingly broken combat system, lack of any sort of direction, being dropped in a random place after death) one of those things by itself seems forgivable but all of those items combined sounds like a chore.  

Yeah, I like a challenge, I love Sekiro for example, but Outward ends up being more tedious than challenging. It turns into a running simulator later in the game once you have good gear since you don't really have to fight anybody outside of quest-related battles and surviving is not difficult. I can live without quest markers and not knowing where I am on the map but no fast travel almost kills this game. There really aren't enough worthwhile quests so unless you like exploring places just for the hell of it, you're going to be doing a whole lot of running to get to your next objective which can usually be finished in less time than it took you to travel to it.

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 0:38 PM, IntroPhenom said:

This write up makes it sound like a methodical adventure, that's difficult but ultimately fair.  My interest is piqued.

https://www.pcgamer.com/outward-rpg-preview/

After reading this review and other player's comments I NEVER want to play this and never will. It sounds like a fucking headache, a tedious chore and an absolute pain right in the ass. Why people get a raging boner off frustrating, difficult gameplay and online co-op is beyond me but for me, no thanks. Pass!

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1