Will #100 be it for you platinum hunters?

drummerklg

I will get my 100th platinum tomorrow(finally) and I take a look back at the journey that I had, filled with tons of grinding, boosting, playing games I didn't even like just for the platinum, and I look forward to the future, to the next milestone, #200.  I ask this question to all of you that are focused on getting to #100, or to those who already at #100.  Is that it for you?  Do you just not care anymore about platinums?  If you get it, you get it?  Or will you get those short and easy platinums, will you be determined enough to make it to 200?

Edited by drummerklg

I am currently at 89 and having a hard time at the moment to keep it going. I am close on some games but haven't been as agressive going for them as I have been in the past. I think I'll get through it and press on. I doubt 100 will be the end for me but I may slow up some.

• Like 1

I dont care about platting games that much.  If I can, I can.  If I can't, I can't.  I ony try to platinum a game if I get enjoyment out of it.  If I spend hours bitching and grinding, then I stop.

I used to platinum short and easy games when I had like 10 platinums. Right now I try to do more challenging games, although not all my plats are that hard. I get plats because I have nothing else to do. Getting a platinum helps me put more time into a game than just finishing the story and moving on. Therefore, until I finally get something better to do, I will continue getting platinums. 

Hey, how exactly am I supposed to clear class world command attack in under 100 turns. I am still not done with the first stage and I already have 14 commands...

It sure wasn't for me.  I even put a couple plats on hold so Bioshock Infinite could be my 100th.  As long as there are good games with challenging plats, I'll be there.

Edited by Kanks

Why would anyone choose to stop playing simple because they've earned 100 platinum trophies? It doesn't make much sense.

He doesn't mean stop playing after 100 plats, he is talking about stop going strictly for them and just playing for fun.

I never said stop playing, I said stop worrying about the platinums, read the post next time.

That's cute. I obviously would not have been able to answer if I hadn't read the post. You seem to be assuming that one has to "worry" about the platinum trophy and that it's a different concept than playing a game, but you are quite wrong. However even if they were different concepts, there is nothing about the number "100" that would logically change anyone's mind concerning what they're doing.

That's cute. I obviously would not have been able to answer if I hadn't read the post. You seem to be assuming that one has to "worry" about the platinum trophy and that it's a different concept than playing a game, but you are quite wrong. However even if they were different concepts, there is nothing about the number "100" that would logically change anyone's mind concerning what they're doing.

I am sorry but you are mistaken, it IS a different concept, maybe people get tired of looking at guides and running into glitches and endless grinds, maybe they don't care about the platinums anymore and just pass the game and that is it.