SONY WILL Stop Distributing Game Download Codes from Retailers on APRIL 1ST

Maxie_M0us3

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

This is barely an exaggeration in any sense.

Uh... Let's be real here. You are being negative on just almost about anything and I noticed a lot of users here are complaining about you being almost constantly negative all the time. Plus, they were really, really upset when you made that thread about trophy ranks. And a lot of people ask you to tone down on the negativity.

I don't want to force you to tone down your negativity, but I would advise you don't make a thread like that again because you might regret it later in the future.

On topic, I really buy my games at the PS Store or when my stepmom orders them physically from Amazon, so I don't really buy these humble bundle things.

I saw this link on .org and thought I would post it here

https://www.resetera.com/threads/list-of-de-listed-playstation-games-still-available-digitally-via-gamestop-us-last-day-march-31.107204/

Games Delisted still for sale with Online Trophies

Wanted Corp
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
The Expendables 2
Risk: Factions (I believe trophy for 5 players)

And there is the Marvel Alliance PS4 Digital Bundle that will gone

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/m...-bundle/133151

Only game I dont own is RISK factions I might get it but it has that damn 5 player trophy

2 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Uh... Let's be real here. You are being negative on just almost about anything and I noticed a lot of users here are complaining about you being almost constantly negative all the time. Plus, they were really, really upset when you made that thread about trophy ranks. And a lot of people ask you to tone down on the negativity.

I don't want to force you to tone down your negativity, but I would advise you don't make a thread like that again because you might regret it later in the future.

On topic, I really buy my games at the PS Store or when my stepmom orders them physically from Amazon, so I don't really buy these humble bundle things.

Blah: 8/8

Substance: 0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrophyDad said:

I saw this link on .org and thought I would post it here

https://www.resetera.com/threads/list-of-de-listed-playstation-games-still-available-digitally-via-gamestop-us-last-day-march-31.107204/

Games Delisted still for sale with Online Trophies

Wanted Corp
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
The Expendables 2
Risk: Factions (I believe trophy for 5 players)

And there is the Marvel Alliance PS4 Digital Bundle that will gone

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/m...-bundle/133151

Only game I dont own is RISK factions I might get it but it has that damn 5 player trophy

when did marvel ultimate alliance for ps4 get delisted?

i was going to grab that on sale at some point tf

10 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

True in that regard that this would be only the tip of the iceberg and not one of their major issues. Nothing to be welcomed though, that's for sure.

There's hardly anything that wastes less shelf space than some code cards, so that argument doesn't really make sense.

Same goes for digital codes. You could pick up a code for a game in a store where the physical edition is long gone, but the code is still sold due to - wait for it - shelf space.

Plus you're missing the fact that digital codes are not necessarily sold by retailers and therefore don't have to be bought in a shop. There are many online sellers like Amazon, GameStop etc that will no longer be able to sell these codes. No gas nor time involved in the purchase.

It does waste space when you have retail copies and psn codes that sell the exact same thing. 

You can still buy PSN cards from amazon, etc. Why do you need to buy specific codes for specific games, it’s a waste of time. 

11 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Let’s drop that whole discussion about what happened last week. 

If you’re not going to make a point about what I said regarding game codes being dropped by Sony and instead state that I’m over exaggerating the whole thing, then don’t bother making a comment about it. 

I'm pretty sure the only game I've ever bought a code for was Plants vs Zombies Vita, after it was delisted. 

Maybe I'm a bit dumb here, but why would anyone be going to Gamestop to buy a code to use on the store instead of just buying the game on the PSN store (for the 99% of the times it will be available there)? I don't see how this will really negatively affect anyone, other than Gamestop.

On 27.03.2019 at 2:19 AM, B1rvine said:

Maybe I'm a bit dumb here, but why would anyone be going to Gamestop to buy a code to use on the store instead of just buying the game on the PSN store (for the 99% of the times it will be available there)? I don't see how this will really negatively affect anyone, other than Gamestop.

It’s not only Gamestop though, Amazon also sells lots of digital codes for PlayStation games. For people from other countries that use US PSN accounts but don’t have american credit card or Paypal these codes is one of the main options for acquiring digital games, along with the purchase of PSN currency codes and then using wallet funds to buy games from PS Store.

As I have said before you don't need to put PSA in your title. You are on a Public forum making an Announcement...that is just redundant (sorry I see so many people putting it and it is just dumb).

Second, having worked for Sony for 3 years I can attest to NO ONE buying those codes so money was being put into creating these things that no one was buying. These should have been discontinued years ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

...Do people seriously leave digital codes alone for years to collect, umm, digital dust though? But yeah, fewer consumer rights and options is always bad news, even when it doesn't apply to you directly.

Sooner or later--especially as more and more of this stuff gets backdoored into the terms of service without any noteworthy backlash--there will inevitably be some sort of change that affects you. Apathy, though ideally a form of abstention, can always be turned into an enabler; all they need is time.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, wackt1 said:

People still buy download codes for full games still? As long as im able to still buy physical copies, I'm good.

It's modern and ancient, all rolled into one!

Anyway, this doesn't affect me, but I am curious: why is Sony stopping the practice? 

10 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

...Do people seriously leave digital codes alone for years to collect, umm, digital dust though?

I have in the past, just because I forgot about them. the Uncharted Collection that i got for buying the PS4 sat around for years before I finally used it.

Edited by starcrunch061