Which ending best for remaining trophies?

So you need to do all 4 endings. @PowerPyx has confirmed that you can do all 4 with back-up saves. My question is which ending is the best for the remaining trophies like visited all areas and such? I'm about to start the battle against

Spoiler

Owl.

but don't know which ending to keep as my main for after. Does it matter? can you visit Fountainhead with all endings?

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

but don't know which ending to keep as my main for after.

The best one to keep is the Return ending. Purification and Shura end the game prematurely. Immortal Severance is basically theReturn, but less "true". For Return you will need some preparations. But yeah, for the whole experience, in my opinion, it is best to aim for Severance or Return as your first ending.

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

@PowerPyx has confirmed that you can do all 4 with back-up saves.

Not so sure about this, there are bosses that you won't encounter otherwise exclusive for some of the endings. Does it stack well with "Defeat all bosses" trophy?

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

Where did powerpyx confirm you can get the platinum with back up saves? You can definitely get all four endings but you need all the bosses and loading back ups would override the ending exclusive bosses.

Sorry i meant that he confirmed you can do all 4 endings, not all 4 bosses. Actually There isn't 4 bosses, some final bosses are the same but you have to do something different to get the ending.

37 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

The best one to keep is the Return ending. Purification and Shura end the game prematurely. Immortal Severance is basically theReturn, but less "true". For Return you will need some preparations. But yeah, for the whole experience, in my opinion, it is best to aim for Severance or Return as your first ending.

Thanks man this is what I was hoping for with regards to an answer. you rock.

2 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Sorry i meant that he confirmed you can do all 4 endings, not all 4 bosses. Actually There isn't 4 bosses, some final bosses are the same but you have to do something different to get the ending.

Two endings have the same boss so if you save load, you need three new playthroughs or ng+ runs

Had to do some research and spoil some stuff for myself, but whatever.

You can get all 3 endings (Immortal Severance, Purification and Return) in one playthrough. You get Severance by default and for two others you need to prepare some key items via questlines in advance. There will be a choice between all three after last boss, so everything will be saved. Purification has exclusive boss, but doesn't lock you out of anything. The game moves on till the end.

So, you get them via save-load and do the remaining one (Shura) on NG+. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Had to do some research and spoil some stuff for myself, but whatever.

You can get all 3 endings (Immortal Severance, Purification and Return) in one playthrough. You get Severance by default and for two others you need to prepare some key items via questlines in advance. There will be a choice between all three after last boss, so everything will be saved. Purification has exclusive boss, but doesn't lock you out of anything. The game moves on till the end.

So, you get them via save-load and do the remaining one (Shura) on NG+. 

Wait so should you prepare and get everything before fighting the owl or can you do it after? when you say you can get those three endings in one playthrough you mean without loading back-up saves? I may me misinterpreting but are you saying you need only 2 playthroughs for platinum? One where you get those 3 endings in one playthrough (with their respective bosses) and then the Shura ending on NG+?

3 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

As we concluded in another thread:

The best possible route is:
1. NG: Fight Owl, complete the questlines for Return and Purification endings. Fight the final boss. Save to cloud. Get three endings via save-load. Collect as much Lapis Lazuli(finale tier upgrade material) as possible before NG+.

2. NG+ Save before Owl, get Shura ending and all bosses trophy. Load save and proceed to collect remaining Lapis for fully upgrading all prosthetic tools.

You rock dude. thank you so much

52 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

1. NG: Fight Owl, complete the questlines for Return and Purification endings. Fight the final boss. Save to cloud. Get three endings via save-load. Collect as much Lapis Lazuli(finale tier upgrade material) as possible before NG+.

2. NG+ Save before Owl, get Shura ending and all bosses trophy. Load save and proceed to collect remaining Lapis for fully upgrading all prosthetic tools.

Is there a specific reason, why you shouldn´t do the Shura ending in your first playthrough and load the save for the other 3 endings except of the NG+ run for the remaining Lapis resources?

19 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Is there a specific reason, why you shouldn´t do the Shura ending in your first playthrough and load the save for the other 3 endings except of the NG+ run for the remaining Lapis resources?

Yes

If you do Shura first, you end that playtrough with 0 Lapis Lazuri, wich means you will need to do a NG++ to get enough to upgrade all Tools to max.

And if you do Shura first, but then reset your save file and go further to collect the Lapis, you will not get the all bosses defeated becous you reset Shura ending.

Edit: why cant I post this in a seperate post...

Just wondering, but does save-loading get concidered as cheating?

Havent done it so far, but I can see myself doing it for this game. I just don't want to go to NG++

Edited by Bunkerbudy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Yes

If you do Shura first, you end that playtrough with 0 Lapis Lazuri, wich means you will need to do a NG++ to get enough to upgrade all Tools to max.

And if you do Shura first, but then reset your save file and go further to collect the Lapis, you will not get the all bosses defeated becous you reset Shura ending.

Edit: why cant I post this in a seperate post...

Havent done it so far, but I can see myself doing it for this game. I just don't want to go to NG++

Ok maybe I´m lost, but will you not do that if you go for the other 3 endings? Or are you able to reload your existing save before the final battle to do the other endings? You are not getting directly to NG+ after the first ending? :hmm:

25 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

No, you aren't manipulating the files in any way. You are effectively earning a trophy and reloading an old save to earn another trophy.

1 minute ago, Inuty said:

Ok maybe I´m lost, but will you not do that if you go for the other 3 endings? Or are you able to reload your existing save before the final battle to do the other endings? You are not getting directly to NG+ after the first ending? :hmm:

Sekiro doesn't have save files, you would put your save on the cloud, get the ending, then copy your save from the cloud to the console and get ending 2, repeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Sekiro doesn't have save files, you would put your save on the cloud, get the ending, then copy your save from the cloud to the console and get ending 2, repeat.

But wouldn´t you then screw up the third ending who has a different boss for the all boss trophy? Or maybe I´m just too confused :D 

1 minute ago, Inuty said:

But wouldn´t you then screw up the third ending who has a different boss for the all boss trophy? Or maybe I´m just too confused :D 

Thats only important for the 4the ending ( Shura ending) wich has to be done in NG+

8 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

No, you aren't manipulating the files in any way. You are effectively earning a trophy and reloading an old save to earn another trophy.

K, good to know thx!

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

I dont know if that clears confusion but the endboss for all endings except Shura ending is the same. However you need to beat a certain Boss for purification ending. This Boss doesnt end the game, you still have to beat the final Boss.

I could be wrong, its just what I Made out so far from all infos I gathered.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mori said:

I dont know if that clears confusion but the endboss for all endings except Shura ending is the same. However you need to beat a certain Boss for purification ending. This Boss doesnt end the game, you still have to beat the final Boss.

I could be wrong, its just what I Made out so far from all infos I gathered.

Thanks Mate! That clear it up. So i'm able to kill the extra Boss for purification and can then choose After the last Boss One of Three endings? :)

12 minutes ago, klair88 said:

I did the Shura ending but kept a save before I made my choice. So I guess I should reload my save and go for the other 3 ending in one and then get Shura again in NG+ so I can get the all bosses trophy right? 

This is exactly what i'm doing, my friend. Pro tip, don't do hirata estate for purification ending first, these fucking bosses are INSANE. I stopped and went to get the return and immortal severance ending requirements first. I've read the only missable thing for return ending is beating the divine dragon (no idea haven't seen him yet) before giving rice to Kuro. None of that makes sense right now but i'm pretty sure it will as I go on.

• Like 1

On 25/3/2019 at 7:02 AM, Akrioz said:

Would be nice if someone could test this. I don't think it works because you get a skill from the Shura ending, so by going this route you wouldn't get the Height of Technique trophy. Now, I don't know if that trophy only requires the skills you get from skill points, or literally all skills. I assume it's the latter but don't know for sure.

Edited by StrangeInStereo

11 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Would be nice if someone could test this. I don't think it works because you get a skill from the Shura ending, so by going this route you wouldn't get the Height of Technique trophy. Now, I don't know if that trophy only requires the skills you get from skill points, or literally all skills. I assume it's the latter but don't know for sure.

I can confirm you don't need the skill from Shura ending boss

On 3/25/2019 at 9:02 AM, Akrioz said:

So... all the bosses have to be done in NG and then NG+, they can't be done in (theoretically) four different new game runs?