Which ending best for remaining trophies?

3 minutes ago, davidstubbs said:

I'll be real pissed if you HAVE to do new game plus

You probably won't be able to upgrade all prosthetics. There are only 6 Lapis Lazuli per NG and you will need 10. And I really doubt that the game will combine progress from different saves in that matter.

Hi guys, I read the posts but I would like to be sure that I won't screw it up.

Spoiler

I defeated the Owl and I already gathered all ingredients. I haven't talked to the Divine Child in the Chamber of Illusion yet, neither I have eavesdropped Isshin and Emma.

How should I proceed to get the 3 endings in one playthrough? When exactly should I do a cloud backup? I didn't fully get which is the "point of no return" (after the choice Kuro vs Owl).

Also, I need the Plus for cloud saves, right?

Edited by nudoetcrudo

26 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Hi guys, I read the posts but I would like to be sure that I won't screw it up.

Hide contents

I defeated the Owl and I already gathered all ingredients. I haven't talked to the Divine Child in the Chamber of Illusion yet, neither I have eavesdropped Isshin and Emma.

How should I proceed to get the 3 endings in one playthrough? When exactly should I do a cloud backup? I didn't fully get which is the "point of no return" (after the choice Kuro vs Owl).

Also, I need the Plus for cloud saves, right?

There's three endings you can prep at once:

Immortal Severance: requires dragon's tears.

Return: requires dragon's tears + frozen tears

Purification: requires dragon's tears + aromatic flower.

The frozen tears are acquired from the divine child via the two snake fruits. The aromatic flower is from the second Owl fight in the alternate estate. Beating the divine dragon in the fountainhead area I believe is the cutoff trigger for obtaining the frozen tears and the charm required to access the aromatic flower. That is you can still get the aromatic flower from Owl in the Hirata estate if you've gotten the charm before, but you can't do the sequence for the charm nor the frozen tear after getting the divine dragon tears.

So basically what you want to do after beating Owl the first time is to do the whole eavesdropping sequence to get access to the Hirata estate, as well as getting the frozen tears from the little side quest-line involving the two snakes. The resources I've consulted suggest that you must do an eavesdrop sequence between Emma and Isshin that's up before and just after the first Owl fight, but I didn't do this and I still managed to get the owl's charm. That leads me to believe this entire sequence is not missable until you beat the divine dragon, but I could be wrong.

After you have all the three items, you can basically beat the final boss and cloud save (or USB save) afterwards and scum the three endings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

There's three endings you can prep at once:

Immortal Severance: requires dragon's tears.

Return: requires dragon's tears + frozen tears

Purification: requires dragon's tears + aromatic flower.

The frozen tears are acquired from the divine child via the two snake fruits. The aromatic flower is from the second Owl fight in the alternate estate. Beating the divine dragon in the fountainhead area I believe is the cutoff trigger for obtaining the frozen tears and the charm required to access the aromatic flower. That is you can still get the aromatic flower from Owl in the Hirata estate if you've gotten the charm before, but you can't do the sequence for the charm nor the frozen tear after getting the divine dragon tears.

So basically what you want to do after beating Owl the first time is to do the whole eavesdropping sequence to get access to the Hirata estate, as well as getting the frozen tears from the little side quest-line involving the two snakes. The resources I've consulted suggest that you must do an eavesdrop sequence between Emma and Isshin that's up before and just after the first Owl fight, but I didn't do this and I still managed to get the owl's charm. That leads me to believe this entire sequence is not missable until you beat the divine dragon, but I could be wrong.

After you have all the three items, you can basically beat the final boss and cloud save (or USB save) afterwards and scum the three endings.

Great thanks! So Divine Dragon is the "point of no return", I'll try it today / tomorrow and I'll post the results.