Question regarding Call of Duty: World at War

When clearing out the garage last week I came across my old PS3 and its games, including COD:WAW. After updating the system it still works fine, and I've managed to have a game on campaign. Its still an ace game. It would've been nice to start where I left off but I deleted all of the save data cos I had the intention of selling the system (I thought I had sold it tbh).

I first played this game 10 years ago and I was nearly halfway through completing campaign on veteran difficulty when I stopped playing, I must've bought another game. So I was wondering, have I got to re-complete those missions on veteran (6 of them) to then gain the Hardened War Hero trophy if I complete the rest of the game on veteran? Will the system recognise that i did part of it 10 years ago?

I'm currently going through the first few levels on regular difficulty, there are a few trophies to clear up - I unlocked the Gunslinger trophy last night (kill the officer running away with your pistol) so I can still enjoy playing.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this!

This game was pretty tough back when it came out. But since there's been an annual release every time since 2008 or so I would have to say that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has the toughest single player campaign, thanks to it's Realistic difficulty.

A word of warning, the multiplayer is full of modders and hackers. I think people still get flagged for trophies they earned in modded servers. If you're going to boost the co-op and DLC multiplayer then I suggest you make a session on Discord, or get some friends from PSNProfiles to help you.

• Like 1

OK thanks for the replies. I'll have a think about completing on veteran then, I might try the first couple of missions on hardened and see how I get on before deciding. Apparently the last few missions are like hell on veteran..

I won't bother with multiplayer, I remember a mate tried it a while back and he said it'd been hacked to death. People flying through the sky and all sorts.

Edited by junior107

• 3 months later...

I know it's been a while, but you can always beat the missions you've got the veteran trophies for on hardened and the rest on veteran. As for the few multiplayer trophies in the base game, I'm trying to get a few people together for those three trophies.