A few newbie questions

Letenko

Hello all,

I'm not a very experienced gamer when it comes to racing games and this is my first "simulator" since I prefer arcade racing.  Anyway, I wanna shoot for that 100% and I did a bit of research but would like for somebody more experienced to clarify a few things:

1. Does the region you get paired online with depend on your physical location or your PSN account?

2. I read on multiple sites and threads that racing between 23:00 - 06:00 in any given regions time will be the easiest to rack up wins, since not many people play, can anybody confirm?

3. I kinda understand how the ranking system works and know that keeping your rank low is advised, but won't keeping your Sportsmanship Rating down be counter-intuitive? Since you'll pair up with dirty drivers?

4. I saw that there are a LOT of DLC cars on the PS Store. Can those be unlocked with in-game currency without spending a dime?

5. Can you get duplicate cars from the daily warm up challenges?

Thank you for reading and answering. I know this game is a hard grind, but I'm prepared for it... just hope the servers won't go down this year.

I guess region matchmaking is tied to PSN account. 

Dunno about time, has played in different times and it's unpredictable how many people will be there. In certain, there will be less kids, that means less dirty drivers as well.

This is not NFS and after dirty driver will spin you out, you'll lose a lot of time, since all drivers there are dirty, moving through positions will be very hard. Again, it's all depend on how fast really you. If SR low, it doesn't mean your opponents will be slow and inexperienced threats. There are a lot of fans of dirty driving, so be aware about it.

As long as I know, all cars available from the start and for ingame currency.

Daily warm up challenges? Anyway, you'll receive a bonus car each day for driving about 20-50 km, no matter in which mode. Cars are totally random, that you can receive multiply duplicates in a row.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Kasper2005Ghost said:

Is the online still active for this game? 

Its is in my region, Australia, New Zealand, Japan.  Played a couple of online races yesterday and had 12 in both races.  Its still very popular in Europe, well worth some of the price drops I see it get.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.5.2019 at 11:28 PM, Kasper said:

Is the online still active for this game? 

Yes it is, and in case you are aiming for the online trophies, dont worry. There are plenty beginner Drivers out there, the horror stories about getting in a lobby with S/A+ ranks while being a C or B Driver yourself werent accurate in my case. I've played around the clock and always had mid-full lobbies (9-14 drivers)

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1