5 Worst Games You've Ever Played for Trophies (or Achievements)

PhantomFear94

5. Orc slayer. Such a bad game but amusing for how bad it is. 

4. Eekeemoo splinters of the dark shard. One horrible game that glitches on a kill 200 enemy trophy forcing you to keep playing over and over again aimlessly until said trophy pops. 

3. Albedo eyes from outer space. An awful game but it game me lots of laughs because the guys voice sounds like Joe Swanson from family guy. 

2. Everybody's gone to the rapture. Looks amazing and stunning to look at. They are the only good points imo. One boring shit game. 

1. Oh sir the insult simulator. And the winner by a million miles is this horrible pile of shite! Seriously, if you are considering getting this with the intention to plat it DON'T. 

I've never played a game just for trophies. I don't see the point in that at all. I have however stubbornly finished off a game I started and didn't like. That was Shift 2. Not something I've done since. Now if I've a game at like under 5% on my list it means I didn't like it and moved on. Spiderman and GOW for example.

On 07/04/2019 at 6:50 PM, crauuecrauue said:

God of Warts (2018)

Pure trash from start to finish.

Bloodborne STI

Undiluted garbage from beginning to end.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s Rear End

Concentrated rubbish from commencement to conclusion.

Horizon: Many Yawns

Complete detritus from open to close.

Marvel’s Spider-mangy

Incomparable waste from premier to finale.

Agree with all of those apart from Bloodborne. The fanboys/easy trophy hunters seem to love them though. If you look past the hype, they're average at best.

• Like 1

Here are some I can remember right now:

#Whitetail Challenge (Deer Hunting Simulator PS3): Didn't even plat this game the last hunt trophy is almost imposible to me and the game in general is crap.

#Master Reboot (PS3): Strange and boring weirdo game, Haven't plat too

#The Walking Dead Survival Instic (PS3): Poor Walking Dead someday you will get a good game buddy I hope haha

#Knack (PS4): Not a bad game but I didn't enjoy it and the trophies well to heavy for a game I don't enjoy

From 5 to 1

5) Terminator Salvation - plays like shit, looks like shit, broken as shit. A horrible time from start to finish.

4) Don’t Knock Twice - tried finding good VR horror and was left with this dogshit. Never actually scary, just boring.

3) Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul  - basically same reasoning as the above.

2) Mecho Tales - I was told this was a simple breezy 2 plat stack between PS4 and vita, instead it was a badly made shoot with terrible controls that just made me angry to look at it. 

1) Little Adventure on the Prairie - Even worse than the last four combined and doesn’t have the common courtesy to include Crossbuy. The absolute worst game I have ever played in my entire life.

honorable mention to Life is Strange which I am currently playing from a friends recommendation and hating it. All the characters are too whiney to me.

• Like 1

Albedo - Eyes From Outer Space:  Just awful gameplay and the trophy list wasn't particularly well designed either.  The voice acting was horrendous and the puzzles were more irritating than engaging.  Fortunately, you don't have to finish the game so it doesn't rank higher on this list.

Funk of Titans:  This game is a mess.  I ran into hit detection issues fairly often when jumping to ledges, so instead of climbing onto them, the avatar would just slide down them.  There's also a glitch where the in game achievements, which you have to do for trophies, will change their value.  So for instance, say you have to beat 50 enemies.  Well, it can get mixed up with the value of another achievement, and when you turn the game on, it will have changed to beat 5,000 enemies.  Fortunately, if you transfer your save between the PS4 and the vita, it will completely change the goal you have to perform, which makes it easier if the game glitches.

Twin Robots: This game is just really buggy and boring.  The premise is neat I guess but the execution is very basic and theres issuess with collision detection that will often make completing a level far more difficult then if it worked properly.  Even worse, eventually the trophies stopped popping when I'd actually meet the requirements, and instead only popped when I met the requirements and then restarted the game.  However, my actual time spent playing was pretty short so it's probably the third worst.

Black The Fall:  I just didn't like it.  I don't really like games like it, such as Inside (I liked Limbo far more than Inside or Black the Fall, but still not a lot), so I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen.  It's just a poor man's Inside.  Worse, when I died in Inside or Limbo, I knew it was my fault.  Here, it felt more unfair then anything else.

Trine 3:  Man the physics in this game are bad.  Again, this is sort of on me cause I didn't really like the second one, but I found this one so much worse.  I remember it being fiarly buggy too but honestly the gameplay was just awful and the physics, especially when rope swinging, were terrible I thought.

Like an avid trophy ( whore ) Hunter at first but not so much now , I've had my 'great games for trophies' happened to me quite a few times. 

In no particular order I'll try to find 5 of the worst.

- Orc Slayer : Just awful.

- Hannah Montana : I don't why I did that. Good thing is that a friend of mine came for vacations at my place that time so he finished the game as I couldn't play through it.

- Whitetail Challenge : Stay away from this game

- Ben 10 : I can't even remember the full title. I think it was the first Ben 10 game I played and I remember thinking that I don't want to go through a such shitty game again on my life

- little adventure on the prairie. Definition of releasing a game just for trophy whores! 

could come up with few more but I think those 5 earn the 5 first places

Gem Smashers - Looks fun but the controls are not friendly and despite playing with all three characters and beating the game with one (as required for trophies) I never could get used to how your little animal avatar responded to the environment or my inputs. I was hoping it would have replay value but as soon as the Platinum 'POPPED', I closed the game, deleted all screen captures, save files, and the game itself.

Marvel's Spider-Man - I liked the story and the visual. Swinging through NYC was fun. The battle controls sucked, there was no dodge mechanics, and your normal enemies were too strong, fast, and always knew where you were despite being in a gun fight with another faction and the cops and you were sneaking in from a skyscraper and there were no snipers or spotters around.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

On 08/04/2019 at 1:47 PM, Elvick_ said:

lol, there is such a thing as a grind. Don't be daft.

I think the point is kinda that there is stuff that's time consuming and stuff that isn't and whether or not any of that is a 'grind' to you is purely whether you're enjoying it or not. People can play multiplayer games for 1000+ hours and not consider it a grind then that same person could complain about a trophy list requiring about 50 hours as 'grindy'. Grind is pretty much just doing something that you don't enjoy, even if it's 10 minutes, if you're not enjoying those 10 minutes then it's a grind. Because of that, some people don't acknowledge grind as being a thing because it's kinda not, it's just enjoying a game vs not enjoying it, grind has just been thrown in place of just saying you didn't enjoy that time you spent. It doesn't really have its own seperate definition in this kind of gaming/trophies type of context.

I don't particularly buy games that I know I wouldn't like for trophies, but some games I did/ I planned to tackle have been absolutely abominations that sucked the joy outta my soul. Still did most of them anyway though because they were simple enough to do while watching Youtube.

5. Coffin Dodgers: I was kind of excited for this game because it was a cheap kart racer with an interesting premise on a console that had (and still has for a bit longer) a severe lack of kart racers. Unfortunately though, it was sluggish as fuck when it came out (and maybe now, I haven't gone back to check). The frame rate could never make 30fps and the game wasn't as comfortable as something like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Luckily it was short so I got the platinum, deleted it, and never looked back.

4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: I'll be honest, I bought this game as a joke. i had a friend who played a lot of CS:GO on PC so I was gonna be like "well you may think you're good but you don't have the platinum for it, do ya?" The PS3 version is arse though. My audio didn't work the entire time I had the game, the map pool is extremely small, and the online servers were pretty poor (still populated though...). CS:GO is a good game, just the PS3 version is a shit port. Still got the platinum though with decent AI bots and keyboard support.

3. Injustice 2: This is the worst fighting game I've ever played. The controls are stiffer than Kevin Spacey at a children's hockey game, the hitboxes are fifty shades of terrible, the story is nonsense and completely uninteresting, and the lootbox system is abysmal (not pay-to-win though, luckily). The trophy requiring Cat Call has no business being as hard to obtain as it is and the game just feels like a bootleg Mortal Kombat. Luckily I am almost done but man, I had way higher hopes for this game then what I got.

2. Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD: This game is a worse cash grab than Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. The controls are worse than 5, the physics are extremely poor and often screw you over for no reason, and the graphics look like shit. There aren't really any redeeming factors, just play the older titles because this is more of a demake then anything.

1. The Caligula Effect: I will admit, I only put in an hour or two, so this may not be fair. However, what I did play just felt soulless. I heard that the game wasn't good, but I figured the game could be a fun kind of bad like Duke Nukem Forever but instead it was just empty. I don't know how to put it into words and I'm not really gonna try, but other reviews by other people will give you similar answers. I've played plenty of bad games, but this is the one and only time that I have ever experienced true buyer's remorse.

14 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I think the point is kinda that there is stuff that's time consuming and stuff that isn't and whether or not any of that is a 'grind' to you is purely whether you're enjoying it or not. People can play multiplayer games for 1000+ hours and not consider it a grind then that same person could complain about a trophy list requiring about 50 hours as 'grindy'. Grind is pretty much just doing something that you don't enjoy, even if it's 10 minutes, if you're not enjoying those 10 minutes then it's a grind. Because of that, some people don't acknowledge grind as being a thing because it's kinda not, it's just enjoying a game vs not enjoying it, grind has just been thrown in place of just saying you didn't enjoy that time you spent. It doesn't really have its own seperate definition in this kind of gaming/trophies type of context.

Grind can also be a means of working towards something to achieve it. 

In most cases grind is generally deprived of fun. I spent thousands of hours on Runescape and World of Warcraft, grinding endlessly to get materials I needed. Funny enough, they both started coming out with daily tasks at around the same time, which was 2007 - 2011. During the Firelands patch in the Cataclysm expansion in WoW I basically spent the bulk of my time doing dailies then played tirelessly in Heroic Dungeons to get some Valor Points. In Runescape it was basically teleporting from area to area to get materials. 

A long game doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a grind. The Dark Souls games is one of those rare exceptions where the grind can actually be enjoyable, at which point it doesn’t become something you’re being forced to do. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt never felt grindy, despite being over a 100 hour platinum that took me just over a month to finish.

Edited by Spaz

1. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - My dad bought this game in a sale. Absolutely awful. Buggy, Glitchy, Braindead Gameplay. Even had a few online trophies that were completely broken. Basically an extremely ridiculously bad version of Just Cause (which is saying something).

2. Fifa 13 (In Form!) - I get every Fifa and everything was fine apart from 2 trophies. One being a complete grind, the other being purely luck-based. The luck based trophy took me two weeks of opening/trading packs on FUT for a TOTW card to appear in a pack. That was mind numbing and complete bullshit.

3. Crysis 2 (Tooled Up) - My dad also bought this one. This is here purely because of Online. The SP was moderately enjoyable. Tooled Up trophy glitch had screwed many of us into reboots. Out of our boosting group 7 out of 8 peoples tooled up trophies glitched forcing suit reboots. What a chore!

4. GTA 3 - Played my girlfriend's copy. This is just a complete mess. Don't know how anyone can say this is a good game or even the best of the franchise. 2nd worst offline experience of my life. Vice City and San Andreas were SO MUCH better and i didn't even find them THAT good.

5. Damnation - Another game my dad bought in a sale. Easy Plat but just such a trash game. Extremely boring gameplay almost mind numbing for a 3rd person shooter.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

On 25-3-2019 at 0:19 PM, Spaz said:

2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

A walking simulator with an absolutely fucking atrocious trophy list. Leave your controller idle for one minute, stay on a certain swing for the same period, walk back and forth between a door, discover all the orange radios before doing anything else, find some pointless collectibles (Peeping Tom), moonwalk backwards, find all the back roads, etc etc etc.

Running speed was far too slow for how much you have to do. The game itself doesn't do a bad job as a walking simulator, but Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is one best left untouched or dropped once you earn that platinum.

Had a great story doh.

• Like 1

5- Avatar the Burning Earth (Xbox 360)

I know this is a PS forum but I had to include this as it is so shameful. Press B repeatedly for 5 mins, get 1000 gamerscore, proceed to hurl game disc out the window and drink to forget you ever did this.

4- Coffin Dodgers

The premise of this game is actually not bad, a kart style racers where you play a bunch of OAP's on mobilty scooters. The handling is atrocious through, making every race feel terrible. Mercifully it is a very short and easy platinum

3- Midnight Deluxe

A boring attempt at gold style platforming. Took me 36 mins to platinum

2- 36 Fragments of Midnight

Boring platforming, on a boring repetitive levels from the same developer as Midnight deluxe. Took me 1 hour to platinum

1- My Name is Mayo

press X 10,000 times, get platinum trophy.... and arthritis

For Shame.

Cant really think of 5 but one that comes to mind is bloons td 5. Its quite a fun little game but gets seriously repetitive, with needingbto get all 5 medals on 50+ tracks, finish all 250 challenge levels and unlock all power ups. Ive been playing it slowly over the last few years snd still haven't got the platinum but will do shortly x)

49 minutes ago, Juxta-Dowgle said:

5- Avatar the Burning Earth (Xbox 360)

I know this is a PS forum but I had to include this as it is so shameful. Press B repeatedly for 5 mins, get 1000 gamerscore, proceed to hurl game disc out the window and drink to forget you ever did this.

4- Coffin Dodgers

The premise of this game is actually not bad, a kart style racers where you play a bunch of OAP's on mobilty scooters. The handling is atrocious through, making every race feel terrible. Mercifully it is a very short and easy platinum

3- Midnight Deluxe

A boring attempt at gold style platforming. Took me 36 mins to platinum

2- 36 Fragments of Midnight

Boring platforming, on a boring repetitive levels from the same developer as Midnight deluxe. Took me 1 hour to platinum

1- My Name is Mayo

press X 10,000 times, get platinum trophy.... and arthritis

For Shame.

This is probably the most shameful list i've seen. Why do you only do the easiest platinums of all time, ones that you don't even like and are just bought for trophies? This is when trophy hunting is done wrong im afraid.

• Like 4

I don't play games for easy plats, most of the easy games where achieved when I wanted to play the game itself. However I started some games with 'easy plats' where I did not like it, but still played in the end to have the plat. But I only have 3 of them.

3. Sireatsalot. A lot of people liked this game and recommended it, but when I tried. I was just bored with it. Felt way to slow. So then 1 day I finished it with the idea of just platting it. I see the cute appeal and it does have some good concepts, but it still just felt like a slog getting through it.

2. Magus I platted this when easy plats were actually rare. So I felt like an easy plat and saw this game. It looked like shit before I bought it, and oh boy was it shit. But it was atleast brainless, so it couldn't be really boring. But It was still bad, but the good kind of bad. So I still liked it in that way.

1. Super Exploding Zoo! I started playing around the time when I bought a PS4. And I have the same opinion on this game as I do with sireatsalot. Really boring, has some likeable concepts, but overall don't like it.  However this was much more boring and took much longer to plat.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 24/04/2019 at 11:24 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

This is probably the most shameful list i've seen. Why do you only do the easiest platinums of all time, ones that you don't even like and are just bought for trophies? This is when trophy hunting is done wrong im afraid.

I know this is a terrible list, hence the post in the thread about most shameful platinums..... I do have others I have enjoyed more and put a lot more time into i.e over 200 hours into Fallout 3 and Borderlands 2 each on Xbox 360. Halo 3 etc...

On 4/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

4. GTA 3 - Played my girlfriend's copy. This is just a complete mess. Don't know how anyone can say this is a good game or even the best of the franchise. 2nd worst offline experience of my life. Vice City and San Andreas were SO MUCH better and i didn't even find them THAT good.

Interesting perspective. What I would say is that GTA III laid down a lot of the framework for modern open world games, and its level design for the time was pretty revolutionary. I agree that SA and Vice City were better though.