Trophy Thoughts?

Burgins

Looks surprisingly easy, should be doable in <100 hours if you've played the game a bunch before. You will basically have to do most things the game have to offer. No PVP, that's nice. 6-linking is not too bad nowadays, it's not like when the game first was released. 

No HC or SSF which is fair I guess. I’d love to see it as a personal challenge but I guess those game modes shouldn’t be forced upon anyone.

Clearing the Atlas could be tricky... I don't think I ever managed to do Hall of Grandmasters on PC.

All should be doable with 1 character. You won't have to make a summoner just for the 60 minions trophy, you can simply respec another class once you're finished with the other trophies and have a ton of currency.

I hope the stuff about lvl 90 in 1-3 hours isn't true, that they changed the xp rate for console. That would be really bad for the games longevity. EDIT: The xp rate seems to be the same as in the PC/XBOX version, to me at least.

This is going to be a lot of fun either way! Too bad the MTX don't transfer over.

EDIT: I don't really know about <100 hours anymore... the poor trading system really ramps up the difficulty. Probably going to be quite a bit above 100 hours for most people!

Edited by JxhanF

21 hours ago, scary_atheist said:

Nah, nothing seems to be missable. Maybe technically freeing the Scion, it's been so long since I did it on PC that I can't remember if you have to click the cage or not. The Scion is a class that you have to unlock by beating the Act 3 boss. Other than that you can travel back to any point in the game when you want if you missed a waypoint or lore, including reclearing the Act 3 boss if you need to I believe.

Yes, you can play with up to 5 others in a group at any time. Makes things way easier for endgame & bosses of course since you can make complementary builds.

I just now noticed the collect all environmental lore trophy, that's also going to increase the leveling time since you have to explore a lot of the zones thoroughly until you find it, not just run through.

thanks for the info

As someone who has never touched a game like Diablo or really anything in this genre... is this a decent game to jump in on? I've seen the ridiculous skill tree so I imagine following a guide is highly recommended but could a noob have a good time with this without background info? 

16 minutes ago, realm722 said:

As someone who has never touched a game like Diablo or really anything in this genre... is this a decent game to jump in on? I've seen the ridiculous skill tree so I imagine following a guide is highly recommended but could a noob have a good time with this without background info? 

It's "ok", but man is the RNG on top of RNG heavy, difficulty is all over the place and the grind is real. You might also get worn out pretty quickly because you're basically put to create a new character, clear all the story again and so on over and over again. Play through it once and see how you like it, I'd say.

The current league (Synthesis) sucks as well. I don't think there are too many people who are happy with it.

The performance on PS4 is very choppy (not to mention it doesn't have custom loot filters, which are almost essential - especially with the looting system on consoles). That said, it's far from perfect on PC as well. Without SSD the loading screens are really, really bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

Yeah this is a complicated game for first timers. You should follow a good build guide, preferably with a leveling portion. There's several on the PoE forums, but I can recommend this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

That'll take you through all 10 acts comfortably, and is capable of clearing all current content. As a plus Elementalist can be pretty easily respecced to Summoner for the 60 minions trophy at the end since they share the same base class and starting point on the skill tree.

Edited by scary_atheist
  • Like 1

Hello, i have one question about the trophy, complete every side quest on one character, how works the quest camp (oak and the others) to the act 2 ? i need to do the 4 quest and how if it possible ? or i just have to do one quest and the 3 others doesn't count for the trophy? thank you for your answers.

Locomancer and No Stone Unturned must be broken, right? I mean, otherwise someone would have them by now... or is there some randomness involved that they added in the last couple of years?

EDIT: No Stone Unturned is confirmed not broken, Locomancer is broken but will be fixed in the next patch!

Edited by JxhanF

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:02 AM, thefinalboss_666 said:

I mean it's a free game I wouldn't expect anything less than 100+ hours, just like every other free game with a plat. I also read that performance on ps4 is all choppy, I wanted to start it today but I think I'll wait. I am not ready to invest the little time I have on such a messy game right now.  

If you're not going for platinum, it's worth playing and even worth investing some money in it.

If you are going for platinum, be prepared for some agony. Not only is end game mapping pretty challenging (chance to get one-shotted), but a crash or lag-out can cause you to loose your current map you are working on and even XP when you die. I'm at level 77 and feel like I hit a wall and playing the same maps over and over again is pretty dull.

Not ready to completely give up yet, but the platinum to me seems daunting.

Edited by rotoninja
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, rotoninja said:

If you're not going for platinum, it's worth playing and even worth investing some money in it.

If you are going for platinum, be prepared for some agony. Not only is end game mapping pretty challenging (chance to get one-shotted), but a crash or lag-out can cause you to loose your current map you are working on and even XP when you die. I'm at level 77 and feel like I hit a wall and playing the same maps over and over again is pretty dull.

Not ready to completely give up yet, but the platinum to me seems daunting.

I have 141 Maps completed out of the 159 and I havent ran into any problems with difficulty. I am however level 90 (did most maps when i was level 85-90). So you've just gotta level up a little bit more, even if that means spending some extra time on lower tier maps for a little while ? (like you said you've been doing) .... It does suck big time that you lose so much experience when you die. I've only attempted one of the 4 guardians (the chimera) and beat it, only dying once during the fight, because Im dumb and didn't know what the cloud phase was during the fight lol (make sure you look up information on boss fights before entering them). I have not attempted any of the hard unique maps though. I am not looking forward to those :(

"but a crash or lag-out can cause you to loose your current map you are working on"  This is 100% NOT true. If the game crashes (completely quits out to the blue screen or lag really bad and kick you to the menu (these are the only 2 types of crashes ive encountered)), you still have 5 of the portals still open (assuming you hadn't died at all) on your current map you're working on, when you enter back into the game.

the platinum IS very daunting, and not just because it's tedious, but because so much of the game is confusing, and about 99% of people on the internet trying to explain aspects of the game do a horrendous job of explaining things. Plus this is one of those games where you have to hang on to everything (if you're not sure what certain items are for or what they do or if you'll need it down the road) because if you sell an item or use it improperly, it can set you back tens of hours. AND on top of that, they give you very limited stash tabs.

From what I understand, everyone says it's worth the $5 to buy a premium stash tab. That way you can sell stuff on the market. This is a  MUCH faster way of getting specific items you want, rather than having to farm for them. I personally have never bought a microtransaction for any game and I never will.

I'm having a blast playing POE as it is, even though im moving at a very slow pace lol.

• Like 1