Samurai Showdown Reboot.

snakebit10

9 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

This was announced last year.

The video was just posted today. Saying it was announced at PAX.

I can't find anything on an announcement from last year. Only other game I found was the Samurai Showdown V that was released for PS4. 

Edited by snakebit10

13 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

The video was just posted today. Saying it was announced at PAX.

I can't find anything on an announcement from last year. Only other game I found was the Samurai Showdown V that was released for PS4. 

There was a teaser in September:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soniq said:

Maybe it's finally officially coming to the west aswell.

Either way, I'm excited to see what they do with it. As far as I know a lot of people from Street Fighter IV are involved in the development.

Samurai Shodown will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June, followed by Switch in Q4 2019 and PC at a later date, publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK announced. It will feature Japanese voice-overs and support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Pan-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese subtitle language options.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/samurai-shodown-launches-for-ps4-and-xbox-one-in-june-switch-in-q4-2019-and-pc-later-44-minutes-of-gameplay-and-staff-interview

• Like 1

Really impressed with this so far. While there are just 16 characters planned, at least Samurai Shodown isn't supposed to have a lot of clones. I never expected the violence to go up to SSV Special levels, but at least there's some decent blood with a bit of MK style splatter on the ground & even blood stains on the fighters. The cut-in-half death is back.

I'm guessing there will also be an arcade version in 2020, since KOF XIV got one. While 3 new characters doesn't sound like a lot, I'm hoping SNK will include another original or two when the time comes to bring out roster expansion DLC.