Deponia Doomsday Photo Friend Trophy Bugged?

ChristIllusion12

Hi all,

I've been following this walkthrough (link below) to get all the trophies for this game however, I can't get the photo friend trophy to pop and I've tried everything. I've tried taking photos in different orders but nothing is working. My inventory will display photos with the star, the gingerbread heart but it won't display the photo with the hand and I need that photo so I can pop the trophy (after I take the photo with the ring on it) I even have the first photo (goal without rufus) but I can't find a solution to fix this bug online anywhere so I'm wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and what they did to fix it...

Many Thanks

Adam

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/deponia-doomsday/334020-deponia-doomsday-trophy-walkthrough.html

• 3 months later...

[SOLUTION] A few people have been messaging me so figured I'd post how I got the trophy. Unfortunately, I started the game again from the beginning and followed the walkthrough carefully step by step but MORE IMPORTANTLY, make a save at the start of Chapter 3 so if the Photo Friend trophy doesn't pop then you don't have much back tracking to do to restart and try and pop it again. Hope this helps. 

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, ChristIllusion12 said:

[SOLUTION] A few people have been messaging me so figured I'd post how I got the trophy. Unfortunately, I started the game again from the beginning and followed the walkthrough carefully step by step but MORE IMPORTANTLY, make a save at the start of Chapter 3 so if the Photo Friend trophy doesn't pop then you don't have much back tracking to do to restart and try and pop it again. Hope this helps. 

Adam

To save on time, where or when exactly is the start of Chapter 3, as this is happening to me too?

Edited by Palamog46

Thanks for the answer, but just to be 100% clear, you recommend saving as Chapter 3 starts, therefore having to play through Chapter 3 and subsequently up until the photo part in Chapter 4?

On 9/27/2019 at 9:03 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

@Palamog46 As soon as possible, preferable after the guy has stopped strumming his guitar at the start of the chapter but definitely before you take the first photo

Thanks for the answer, but just to be 100% clear, you recommend saving as Chapter 3 starts, therefore having to play through Chapter 3 and subsequently up until the photo part in Chapter 4?

• Like 1

I found a method for this trophy but I can't guarantee that works for everyone. Basically, out of the 5 photo needed, you have to do only the first one with Rufus, and it's mandatory in order to advance on the game. For the last four photos just let McChronicle do the shots, all in one sitting at the end of the chapter. This SHOULD work.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Palamog46 said:

Can you update us with your progress? Thanks!

Edited by VoidVictorious

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, stupot00 said:

Did anyone find a work around for this? I can't get the photo with everything apart from the ring to register. I've even gone back and loaded earlier saves and it still doesn't work.

Not yet, I am also in the same boat. Luckily I created a save at the start of every new area but even loading this save won't help me to get the 4th picture (star, gingerbread and arm, no ring) together. Even loading an earlier save file after the first gold trophy won't help. Maybe I need to reinstall the game with a clean slate but not very happy with it.

One question, did you purchase the game on PSN or bought the physical disk? I have the collection with all four the games on it and installed it from disk. Need to check which version I have installed as I don't know if that matters.

I could never get one of the photo’s either. I made a save just before the photoshoot and after a few attempts, and still missing one photo, the trophy unlocked for me. So maybe just give it a few tries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I could never get one of the photo’s either. I made a save just before the photoshoot and after a few attempts, and still missing one photo, the trophy unlocked for me. So maybe just give it a few tries.

I have the downloaded version, also just retired doing the photos a few more times and it unlocked. I still couldn't get the 4th photo to show up in my inventory, I also went slow and didn't skip any of the dialogue. Took me around 10-12 attempts till the trophy popped.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Chingon_Player said:

I found a solution, the guide its wrong. I did the following to get te trophy.

1. Do the 1st obligatory photo, fake Goal alone (without Heart, Star, Hand and Ring)

Now with the help of McChronicle (Do a manual save here just in case)

2. Do a photo with fake Goal + Hand + Ring (this gives the 2nd photo)

Fake Goal + Hand + Ring

3. Quit the Ring and add the Heart (this gives the 3rd photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Hand without Ring

3.1 to quit the Ring press x on the Hand

3.2 the Hand doesn't appear on the photo

4. Put the Ring again (this gives the 4th photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Hand + Ring

5.Quit the Ring again and put the Star (this gives the 5th photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Star + Hand without Ring

5.1 to quit the Ring press x on the Hand

5.2 the Hand doesn't appear on the photo

6. Put the Ring again in the Hand and take a photo (this ends the chapter)

Fake Goal + Heart + Star + Hand + Ring

It doesn't matter if you skip the dialogue in between photos it works anyway (I hope anyone can see the solution)

This method is legit, I tried it and worked.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@Chingon_Player

You da real MVP dawg!!!

Saved my ass just now!! I was freaking out about this not working with the guide, especially after wasting 2.5 hours of my life on the 1001 jackalopes trophy.

Was NOT gonna be happy if I had to restart! Thanks!

Edited by Jables_The_Hutt
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 0:27 PM, Chingon_Player said:

I found a solution, the guide its wrong. I did the following to get te trophy.

1. Do the 1st obligatory photo, fake Goal alone (without Heart, Star, Hand and Ring)

Now with the help of McChronicle (Do a manual save here just in case)

2. Do a photo with fake Goal + Hand + Ring (this gives the 2nd photo)

Fake Goal + Hand + Ring

3. Quit the Ring and add the Heart (this gives the 3rd photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Hand without Ring

3.1 to quit the Ring press x on the Hand

3.2 the Hand doesn't appear on the photo

4. Put the Ring again (this gives the 4th photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Hand + Ring

5.Quit the Ring again and put the Star (this gives the 5th photo)

Fake Goal + Heart + Star + Hand without Ring

5.1 to quit the Ring press x on the Hand

5.2 the Hand doesn't appear on the photo

6. Put the Ring again in the Hand and take a photo (this ends the chapter)

Fake Goal + Heart + Star + Hand + Ring

It doesn't matter if you skip the dialogue in between photos it works anyway (I hope anyone can see the solution)

I just tested this, and it worked!

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 7:07 AM, KHDelBoy said:

This trophy isn't too bad compared to the crappy mini game where you have to create several variations of clones. That was a huge pain in the arse.

That trophy isn't only a pain the a**, but also an insanity! I spent around three hours to obtain it, doing the same f**king thing over and over and over again. :shakefist: