$14.99 in Store --- Is this game worth it?

+1 rep to all genuine replies. Especially those who have played it.

Is The Witcher 3 good for me if I loved Monster Hunter World & Horizon Zero Dawn??? 

How long is the Story?? Is character development good?? I loved Detroit: Become Human Storyline... It was incredibly great!!

Is this worth it for $14.99 how many hours of gameplay??? The more the better!! 

Anyways, I hope someone can talk me into getting this. Still waiting for Persona 5 to go on Sale.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this is 15 for the base game and the dlc's yes? That's an almost overwhelming amount of content for that price. Good content mind you. I see the game on sale almost all the time so it's not like if you miss it here you'll never see the full collection on sale again, and in fact it'll probably be on sale again almost immediately, but usually it's 20 instead of 15 so... Yes, get it

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
Typo

Don’t want to talk you out of it but I bought this game in August last year, played it for around an hour and recently deleted it. This game isn’t for me. For some context, I loved HZD too.

That price is the steal of the decade.  Between the main game and the two DLC, you could easily lose yourself for 200+ hours if so inclined.  As soon as I hit 100%, I knew I'd pick up the complete edition someday.  To replay such a marvelous game and reclaim all of the trophies?  Heck.  Yes.  (UK has a complete edition, too, with a third trophy set, FYI.)

• Like 2

Its worth the full price I paid at launch and its definitely worth the 15. The story is great and the characters are likeable, the side quests were surprisingly fun and played out like main missions at times. The combat is also fine and you can equip different perks or add poisons to swords for different monsters. All in all the only negative would be performance for console in areas can hit roughly 20.   

Don't expect MH though as it isn't that at all. Imo MH isn't close to W3 but I don't like MH.

It's probably one of the best games I've ever played and I've played alot heck I actually platinumed it twice and am planning a third 

It has potentially hundreds of hours of content the world and characters are really fleshed out (sadly there's a fair amount of talking of events of past games I haven't played) the card game once you figure it out and have a collectables guide is pretty fun. So over all yes it's worth it just for the world :)

• Like 2

It's a great game. It has some issues so I definitely don't love it as much as everyone else. But what it does well, it does incredibly well... It also does some things wrong though.

Is it the flawless masterpiece that people claim it is? Probably not. Is it a great game that's worth the money? Hell yeah.

1 hour ago, dokkanexpert said:

How long is the Story?? Is character development good?? I loved Detroit: Become Human Storyline... It was incredibly great!!

Didn't play Detroit... but Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. If you liked the storytelling of David Cage I am actually not sure if you would like The Witchers way of telling you different stories. The writing in The Witcher is way better but at the same time requires your attention more than stories by David Cage which are more "in your face" and easy. The Witcher is great when it comes to all kinds of interactions with npcs. It's not just the main story but almost every tiny encounter that holds a little story for you. Furthermore for me it was not about the development but the chemistry between different characters.

• Like 2

I played through it twice completely (including both expansions), my second run was a clean-up run to get all the trophies including finishing the game on the hardest difficulty.

At that price, it's a steal. I consider The Witcher 3 to be one of the best western RPGs I've ever played. Full of content and high quality, and both expansions are fantastic. The main quests alone can take up at least 30 hours of your time, but if you do absolutely everything, you're in for a total play time ranging from 100 to 200 hours, especially if you include the DLC.

Just to give you an idea: the "Hearts of Stone" expansion includes a great villain (better than the main game's antagonists) and the sidequests in The Witcher 3 have the same level of quality as the main storyline, in my opinion, sometimes even exceeding the quality of some other RPG's main quests. That's how much care went into developing this game.

I'd consider waiting until the GOTY edition gets a discount, so you can get the full package. Worth every penny.

Edited by Aponac1987
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

Didn't play Detroit... but Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. If you liked the storytelling of David Cage I am actually not sure if you would like The Witchers way of telling you different stories. The writing in The Witcher is way better but at the same time requires your attention more than stories by David Cage which are more "in your face" and easy. The Witcher is great when it comes to all kinds of interactions with npcs. It's not just the main story but almost every tiny encounter that holds a little story for you. Furthermore for me it was not about the development but the chemistry between different characters.

1 hour ago, Aponac1987 said:

I played through it twice completely (including both expansions), my second run was a clean-up run to get all the trophies including finishing the game on the hardest difficulty.

At that price, it's a steal. I consider The Witcher 3 to be one of the best western RPGs I've ever played. Full of content and high quality, and both expansions are fantastic. The main quests alone can take up at least 30 hours of your time, but if you do absolutely everything, you're in for a total play time ranging from 100 to 200 hours, especially if you include the DLC.

Just to give you an idea: the "Hearts of Stone" expansion includes a great villain (better than the main game's antagonists) and the sidequests in The Witcher 3 have the same level of quality as the main storyline, in my opinion, sometimes even exceeding the quality of some other RPG's main quests. That's how much care went into developing this game.

I'd consider waiting until the GOTY edition gets a discount, so you can get the full package. Worth every penny.

Both of you made me want this game mooooore now!!! Thanks very much for the honesty.

So is this RPG better than FF or MHW or Valkyries? I don't mind differences in stories. But when a game is nominated 35 times... That is a red flag to play it!!!

Edited by dokkanexpert

The Witcher III is my favourite game of this generation. By far. 
It deserves to be played by all of us (even the people who don't usually play RPGs)

Take this under consideration, though, the game takes tiiiiime. A lot of time. It's amazing, sure, but it took me almost a year (with DLCs) to finish it.

PS: If you can, play the DLCs. They are amazing

bmg_ps.png

• Like 2

No doubt about it, was my absolute game of the year. And the dlc's are just as good too so pick them up on sale if you can.

Great storyline that reels you in, voice characters are great, beautiful graphics, and Yen is just so frickin' hot it's insane ?

Only downside is that player choice doesn't always have the impact you would expect or hope for, but that's a minor gripe cause the writing is spot on.

The hours flew by with this game, and i'm talking literally hundreds, and even after completing the goty edition, i loved it so much i decided to complete the standard version just for the joy of going through the storyline again (with trophies of course, what else...).

So snatch that thing before you regret it, one of the best rpgs you will ever play.

• Like 2

I don’t want to keep making your expectations go higher for the game but the Witcher 3 is IMO is one of the greatest games ever made. Geralt might be my fav character ever. The world is huge and wild with an unbelievable amount of things to do. The best part is probably the dlcs. They take the story telling to a whole new level and really suck you in. You could put in over 100 on the main game and 50 on DLCs and that number can vary greatly depending on how much side questing you do. For me it’s almost 200 hrs. $15 is an absolute steal

Edited by entonces55
  • Like 2

The best game of the decade. 150+ hrs of awesome main story and great substories + 2 decent DLC. Playing it right now for the second time and it has already took a month of my life and I have no regrets )) This is definitely a must buy game if you're a fan of RPGs.

• Like 1