DEI2EK

New Shantae Game for PS4 Announced

18 posts in this topic

NICE!!! Still gotta play 1/2 Genie Hero, but this is awesome!!

Hope it's closer to Pirate's Curse than Half-Genie Hero

It was better in literally every aspect

Freaking hyped! Enjoyed Half-Genie Hero, but hoping it will be more akin to Pirate's Curse.

Hype. I really hope they continue with the Half-Genie Hero style.

So is it a remake of Pirate's curse or a new game altogether I wonder

This is a such a nice surprise. I played the last game for a good long time and like the art and the gameplay. Hopefully there aren't too many speed runs this time. Still need to do all the ones from the Ultimate Edition. It sure looks like this year will have a few great platform games for me in store. First the Hollow Knight sequel then Trine 4 and now this. Awesome!

Edited by Durandal

Played Risky's Revenge and loved it. Played Pirate's Curse, and thought it was OK. Heard mixed things about 1/2 Genie Hero, and skipped it.

Updated the OP with new info

Official title and screenshots released

One of the Few Platform nowadays. I Still have to play the First 2 and Get Half genie, still surely keeping an Eye (And probably get it on a far future) on this! 

"Shantae's biggest adventure yet" - If true, that would be magnificent, as ½ Genie Hero and especially Pirate's Curse good sized adventures themselves, especially the latter. Both are also great games, including the former when you factor in the DLCs. Looking very forward to the Seven Sirens either way since Shantae games are always lovely, fun, and engaging.

Only thing that doesn't look good is the introduction of a card system. Don't like that concept, unless it's handled in a really clever way. (Character models need a bit more graphical polish too, but I assume that'll be improved?)

ooh another Shantae

i love the last game they have made , but the last's speed run they have added are... the hell to win... I hope it's same easy speed run the Shantae platinum without speed run dlc , because the dlc speed run on Shantae are always hard and the new coming are more hard before the last , and more and more... But it's one very cool game to play.

Most things seem to look as they should, including that good looking second boss fight, and the game looks faster paced than 1/2 Hero. However, i'm not liking the new boss music, varied dance animations didn't make a comeback, and the dialogue portraits don't seem to vary as often mid-conversation. 

I will pick this one for sure, 1/2 genie was really good.