New Shantae Game for PS4 Announced

This is a such a nice surprise. I played the last game for a good long time and like the art and the gameplay. Hopefully there aren't too many speed runs this time. Still need to do all the ones from the Ultimate Edition. It sure looks like this year will have a few great platform games for me in store. First the Hollow Knight sequel then Trine 4 and now this. Awesome!

Edited by Durandal

• 4 months later...

"Shantae's biggest adventure yet" - If true, that would be magnificent, as ½ Genie Hero and especially Pirate's Curse good sized adventures themselves, especially the latter. Both are also great games, including the former when you factor in the DLCs. Looking very forward to the Seven Sirens either way since Shantae games are always lovely, fun, and engaging.

Only thing that doesn't look good is the introduction of a card system. Don't like that concept, unless it's handled in a really clever way. (Character models need a bit more graphical polish too, but I assume that'll be improved?)

i love the last game they have made , but the last's speed run they have added are... the hell to win... I hope it's same easy speed run the Shantae platinum without speed run dlc , because the dlc speed run on Shantae are always hard and the new coming are more hard before the last , and more and more... But it's one very cool game to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Most things seem to look as they should, including that good looking second boss fight, and the game looks faster paced than 1/2 Hero. However, i'm not liking the new boss music, varied dance animations didn't make a comeback, and the dialogue portraits don't seem to vary as often mid-conversation. 

• 6 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, Tatsuyu said:

Drop 5/28/20 Finally!

Edit: Literally a day before Xenoblade DE 1f606.png, either way hype!

And before The Last of Us Part II, which isn't a problem for me personally whatsoever but for others. Seriously? ??... Well, I don't expect this game to sell great and break series milestones now, despite even going back to its roots.

Also, pretty great for a "teaser" trailer ?.

That leaves Dying Light 2. I really, really hope it doesn't come out in May at all.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 4:02 PM, EcoShifter said:

And before The Last of Us Part II, which isn't a problem for me personally whatsoever... but for others. Are you serious? 1f61e.png1f631.png... well, I don't expect this game to sell great and break series milestones, despite even going back to its roots.

Also, pretty great for a "teaser" trailer 1f62e.png.

That leaves Dying Light 2. I seriously, seriously hope it doesn't come out in May at all.

It says OUT NOW on apple arcade, guessing they paid for 2 months exclusivity.

Apple Arcade has a free month trial, so if anyone has access to a Apple device or a Apple TV dongle, you can literally play this for free right now xD

I'm tempted but got enough games on my plate at the moment!