Best Endgame Money & XP Farming Location (35-52K Sen & 238K XP per Hour)

So i'm back with another method to get some serious cash and XP in the endgame. People asked for late game grinding so here it is haha. Let it be known this is the pretty much the last area you will visit but it's worth it!

Thanks to Im_Coded on PSN for mentioning this method to me!

To begin, head over to the Fountainhead Palace, Flower Viewing Stage Sculptor Idol. From there turn back and go kill the two noble enemies and the spear enemy. Next run to the front of the building and kill that noble as well. Run back and rest. This should take 40 seconds. Within this run you will get 2650 XP, along with 391 Sen. Now that comes up to 238 500 XP and 35 190 Sen in an hour.

You can make this sweeter by using the Mibu Balloon of Wealth item which will give you 585 Sen per run. So that's it! the best spot i could find along with my friend so far. If I find a better method I will for sure update.

Cheers

**Note - Thanks to Matt of Step PR for providing me the game on behalf of Activision!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, linkdevivo said:

used your first video for the beginning of the game and sure as hell gonna use this one right after I defeat that fucking...

Hide contents

Owl at Hirata Estate.

Son of a bitch won't die.

lol he is a dick!!!!!!!!!!!! but learn to counter his thrusts. This is a battle you need to do 1 or 2 hits at a time. No fast way haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubhen925 said:

lol he is a dick!!!!!!!!!!!! but learn to counter his thrusts. This is a battle you need to do 1 or 2 hits at a time. No fast way haha

tell me about it. He's always killing me with his thrusts.the gunpowder to stagger and then the thrust. same combo has killed me 25 times.

I fucking got him. Son of a bitch

Edited by linkdevivo
got eeemmm

Just a tip. You can use the homeward idol to return to the last idol and save yourself the running back if you're using a method the requires a lot of ground to cover. Juts equip it in your quick items menu and once you kill the last guy on your farm run you can return to the last idol without having to run back.

On 3/26/2019 at 0:56 AM, linkdevivo said:

used your first video for the beginning of the game and sure as hell gonna use this one right after I defeat that fucking...

Hide contents

Owl at Hirata Estate.

Son of a bitch won't die.

Took me over 3 hours.. had him at one hit two or three times.. not kidding, second phase and he was one hit, couldn’t see his life bar if you squinted.. finally beat him and I let out a very loud and very pleased “Oh My God!”

hands down one of the hardest and most frustrating bosses I’ve ever had to go up against ever in any video game.. he definitely makes the top 5, if not top 3

42 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

Took me over 3 hours.. had him at one hit two or three times.. not kidding, second phase and he was one hit, couldn’t see his life bar if you squinted.. finally beat him and I let out a very loud and very pleased “Oh My God!”

hands down one of the hardest and most frustrating bosses I’ve ever had to go up against ever in any video game.. he definitely makes the top 5, if not top 3

Totally agree, he is on a completely different level compared to everything you faced before.

It took me a lot of trials for over 2 hours, and at that point I considered myself decently skilled and any other boss was not taking much time.

Spoiler

Even the Demon of Hatred was easy and took me only 7-8 attempts in total.

Hardest so far for me, but I am missing the final bosses, let's see who is the hardest :D 

1 hour ago, Varun10000 said:

Just a tip. You can use the homeward idol to return to the last idol and save yourself the running back if you're using a method the requires a lot of ground to cover. Juts equip it in your quick items menu and once you kill the last guy on your farm run you can return to the last idol without having to run back.

I had the feeling that it takes more time due to the loading screen, so I timed it.

* Use idol as quick item: 30 sec.

* Run back after jump+backstab the last guy: 29-31 sec depending on your route/jumps.

So yeah, it's the same. Maybe it makes sense to use it on the bridge and not to kill the last two guys,but only if samurais kill regular gunmen because killing them yourself takes additional time which is not worth (and this happens very rarely).

I actually have a method better than any method I’ve seen any where.. and honestly, I’m surprised there aren’t any videos on it and no one else has said anything about it.. 

end game - Ashina Castle - Antechamber room or w/e sculptor idol.. sneak behind purple ninja in the room right next to idol, backstab, go back to idol, rest, repeat.. it’s so stupid easy and quick and faster than any of these methods.. more efficient and effective in farming all that you need (besides upgrade items, which if you’ve grinded out those throughout your playthrough like I have, you shouldn’t really need anything beside lapis at this point in the game) you get them spirit effigy things and about 150+ in Sen per kill too.. oh and 1000+ xp per kill and it takes less than 5 seconds per cycle once you get the hang of it

you're welcome 

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Added more
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

I actually have a method better than any method I’ve seen any where.. and honestly, I’m surprised there aren’t any videos on it and no one else has said anything about it.. 

end game - Ashina Castle - Antechamber room or w/e sculptor idol.. sneak behind purple ninja in the room right next to idol, backstab, go back to idol, rest, repeat.. it’s so stupid easy and quick and faster than any of these methods.. more efficient and effective in farming all that you need (besides upgrade items, which if you’ve grinded out those throughout your playthrough like I have, you shouldn’t really need anything beside lapis at this point in the game) you get them spirit effigy things and about 150+ in Sen per kill too.. oh and 1000+ xp per kill and it takes less than 5 seconds per cycle once you get the hang of it

you're welcome 

That's less efficient. It gives 1052 exp and doesn't take 5 secs at all. It takes at best 15 sec (you need to include the resting time), so it's 250k per hour at best, less than my method.

With my method, if you increase the strength stat, you can farm even more than 300k per hour.

Ofc yours it's easier.

Edited by nudoetcrudo

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

That's less efficient. It gives 1052 exp and doesn't take 5 secs at all. It takes at best 15 sec (you need to include the resting time), so it's 250k per hour at best, less than my method.

With my method, if you increase the strength stat, you can farm even more than 300k per hour.

Ofc yours it's easier.

I guess I just like it nice and easy then :P

Oh and also I’m fairly certain, Mark that- 100% positive it takes less than 15 secs but we can agree to disagree, I can do it in just under 10 seconds, as I’ve had my wife time me when I was quick about it, of course you need to break all the obstructions in the room to be efficient about it. 

But yeah, if you say 10 seconds, mine gives 378,720 per hour, mind you stay quick and focused.

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
Clarification

Tnx for your method! 

What i Did to make it slightly faster (killing samurai):

-parry lightning attack when you’re near him

- l1+r1+r1 mortal draw

- piercing sabimaru R2 combo (make sure he’s poisoned)

-optional r1 if he blocked too much of the above combo (dont finish/deathblow )

- run to the guy behind the house 

- run back to shrine, meanwhile the samurai died Because of poison. 

In the end it saves a few seconds Because you cancel the deathblow animation. And its possible run and collect items at the same time:)

Worked 95% of the time, if he decided to do a different move, just Rambo all in for a fast deathblow 

• Like 1

Its better to just death blow the spear guy from the roof rather than fight her imo.

Theres also a lone spear man on the bridge near to the feeding ground idol, which gives 1k XP per kill. Takes around 20 seconds to kill him and reset. I was doing this for a while but its rather tedious.

Edited by KaKrackle

I was using a modified Fountainhead run that ran back and forth between idols, but I'd sometimes get hung up on one of the stupid blue guys that can insta-kill you. I'm at the point where it costs 25k per skill level, so I'll probably be taking nudoecrudo's path on NG+, looks relatively safe and cuts out on the sitting times.

For the method in the OP, kill the second noble quickly, vault over it for a backstab then use Bloodsmoke Ninjutsu to enable you to kill the spearman via backstab. Should get at least a few spirit emblems back from the kills plus enough sen to buy more should you run low. 

Edited by Killbomb

43 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Awesome, assuming you can hit the jump I think this will save time in the long run. Sometimes I insta-kill the pole dancer with a few attacks, and sometimes she takes me for a ride on her disco stick and it's not a good time.

Jump works like a charm i use this method with no problem, 2120XP every 30 seconds. 

Edited by Neme-ita

On 3/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, nudoetcrudo said:

I found an alternative method, which grants slightly more exp. Maybe for some it's easier than killing the lightning dude.

IMO this method is the fastest. Adding up the XP (on NG) you get around 11.5k for killing all the red guards. In the video he does the run in 2:30, I’ve been managing to get it done in an average of 2-2:15 (if I get weird RNG) then instead of looting on the way back, I immediately homeward back to the idol upon jumping on the last guy.

Compared to Fountain which is about 8k xp every 2minutes.

Its such a minor XP difference however that it really comes down to what the personal player feels is best for them.

Edited by Skurkitty

Accidentally overwritten my USB/cloud upload after making the choice for shura ending so im in ng++ now for the final tier upgrade materials.

The “rats” run gives you nearly 4200 (ng++)if you also kill the soldier. I’ll edit when im at fountain for the xp in ng++. 

Running ng+\ng++ is already very fast by itself Because you can skip a lot of enemies. I would advice against farming the fountain in ng like i did Because its way faster to run to another ng cycle and get way more xp

On 3/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, xxdmcgee2288xx said:

you're welcome 

thanks, this really was the fastest method i've tried, even though it always took me 12-15 sec per cycle (2,104 per kill)

My old farm at Ashina Outskirts Stairway granted ~6k/min, but this method reliably yielded 8k/min :angel: man that was a fun plat

• Like 1

The fountain spot gives you 6360xp per run in ng++. You need to 2 backstab the first priest, 2-shot the second one (1hit and a deathblow) kill the samurai asap and 2 shot the 3rd priest aswel. It should take +-45sec per run if done fast (can be done faster if you optimize the samurai kill)

All tested with 29 attack power.

4 hours ago, Trope Hore said:

thanks, this really was the fastest method i've tried, even though it always took me 12-15 sec per cycle (2,104 per kill)

My old farm at Ashina Outskirts Stairway granted ~6k/min, but this method reliably yielded 8k/min :angel: man that was a fun plat

Congrats man.. it feels faster.. idk.. if you take out all the obstructions and you somewhat rush behind him, he will go yellow and be all spooked but you can tap on R1 and quickly execute him before he goes red.. I swear I was doing it 10-12 seconds a run