Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

Oh, wow. Being banned for boosting a game that's probably quite dead anyway. I was gonna grab a physical copy of this for PS4 via LRG, but... I might just skip it (maybe pick up a copy for the Switch later to have it in my collection without having to worry about trophies).

5 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

Oh, wow. Being banned for boosting a game that's probably quite dead anyway. I was gonna grab a physical copy of this for PS4 via LRG, but... I might just skip it (maybe pick up a copy for the Switch later to have it in my collection without having to worry about trophies).

I wish I waited for the Switch version tbh, now I'm gonna be stuck with this less than 30% trophy list =3= 

I usually buy all multi-platform games for PS4, but I'll make an exception for this out of sheer principle. Dishing out bans left and right to the few people who are going to bother going for 500 Ranked Wins is a surefire way to make sure your mostly dead online community stays that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Though this new update is promising, it allows you to play with your friends and such...will be looking forward to testing it out and seeing if it makes grinding any easier...or if it'll remain the same xD

Also...Lord Z hype! 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 29/05/2019 at 5:28 AM, WallaceErick_ said:

I don't recommend to boost in this game.

I did this and i was banned from the server.

That is ridiculous! What are the developers thinking?

Has any other PS4 game ever banned people from the servers for boosting?

What if this became the new norm for online trophies in gaming?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 8:32 PM, WallaceErick_ said:

I'vw tried to play recently again... the ban still remains hahaha... tragic! =(

That's dumb. You played legitimately for hours and got permabanned for trying to boost to the platinum? I saw this on PSNow and the only major appeal was the idea of finally getting 100%(or a platinum) in a Power Rangers game after failing as a kid. Oh well, not this time.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:47 AM, alomurilo said:

Just got the game and I'm feeling like getting the 1000/500 matches/wins legit. Master League seems out of my reach, though.

Are they still banning boosters?

yeah its pretty hard cuz you need to put up a good amount of wins...but its hard to do that when you get someone spamming the same move the whole match

*not sure bout the boosting as ive just been going straight to "ranked"

Edited by Paid-In-Full-

On 10/03/2021 at 9:06 PM, Paid-In-Full- said:

I hate to admit but i think im throwing in the towel for this;too many people spamming the same move to move up leagues . :( Seems as, if i dont have any of the DLC characters its hard to win .

Don't give up!

I have the impression that the good players log in later in the day. I managed to get to Master by playing in the morning. Was really a breeze. Maybe it helped that it was the start of the season.

Regarding boosting, I have no idea how they could even detect if players are boosting. Many of my matches were against people that would be AFK or leave as soon as the match started.

Now just need the wins and level 700. The game is really fun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, alomurilo said:

Don't give up!

I have the impression that the good players log in later in the day. I managed to get to Master by playing in the morning. Was really a breeze. Maybe it helped that it was the start of the season.

Regarding boosting, I have no idea how they could even detect if players are boosting. Many of my matches were against people that would be AFK or leave as soon as the match started.

Now just need the wins and level 700. The game is really fun!

yeah ive pretty much given up on the master league one; i meet up with people who can block every attack lol 

• 4 weeks later...

The grind sounds painful, I'm getting the game ,as it plays quite well on the switch and I want the ps4 version. Doubt I will go for the platinum, but been a fan since MMPR and will just play this for fun. I love the current DLC characters, the red samurai ranger is powerful, but looking forward to seeing Ryu the Crimson Hawk ranger join the cast on 25th may 2021. I can already see Ryu, being a broken character in this game, but looking forward to play him.

Street fighter Ryu Crimson Hawk ranger trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-b_gXQ6nQ

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2022 at 8:29 PM, WallaceErick_ said:

the game doesn't allow to enter on multiplayer

Thanks for the reply

Have you tried starting leveling up from the scratch on another platform and link it with a brand new nWay account?

Edited by FebuKev

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:42 PM, grimydawg___ said:

You have to forgive folks here.  Most are scrubs.  Forgive them LOL.  You only have to play 1000 matches, and win half of them :hmm: I'm going to wait for the aforementioned block bug to perhaps give this game a shot on my main profile.

While I do agree about the unecessary crying and the nonsensical "hard trophies = dead game" can't say much about the others but@Vergil is not a scrub in Fighters haha he platinum some incredibly hard ones.

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

While I do agree about the unecessary crying and the nonsensical "hard trophies = dead game" can't say much about the others but@Vergil is not a scrub in Fighters haha he platinum some incredibly hard ones.

Thx but. While its one thing to platinum some hard fighting games, its a totally different thing being competetive. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, WallaceErick_ said:

after more than 3 years, and i'm still banned hahaha ?

f*ck u nWay.

Have you tried hopping into the mentioned discord? Might be able to get in contact with someone who could help.

As an aside, it seems to me that doing anything that would artificially give you a win advantage, ala boosting, in something with the word 'ranked' in the title would be a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

As an aside, it seems to me that doing anything that would artificially give you a win advantage, ala boosting, in something with the word 'ranked' in the title would be a bad idea.

The game is so dead that you won't find anyone most of the time. The servers seems to be region locked because the only few times I found the same 2 randoms, they were from countries close to me. Also couldn't boost with with my friend who lives away. So it can't be bad if you boosted :) 

Also I've recently completed all online trophies (besides level 700) and everything is good so far 

Has anyone else been banned for boosting? I'm contemplating starting this but I'm afraid I will get banned halfway trough haha

I've looked it up before starting the game and couldn't find anyone/anything about bans except the guy posted here and that was 3 years ago. They probably don't care now 

Edited by MohandGamer7
  • Like 1