Now that The Final Season has finished, what're your thoughts?

What was up with that ending? I'll put my shit in spoiler tags in case someone wants to have a hissy, but this whole thread gone be littered with spoilers anyways.

So like halfway through the thing I feared most happened, Clem got bit. I was all no no non non no but carried on. I was like, hey look, maybe they're gonna say the zombie only bit her boot and she'll be right. Nope. She got bit. Shit. This is the end, Clem! Noooooo! So then you carry on and you carry on and eventually the axe comes down and you assume she's dead and then AJ is walking around doing his stuff for a while, plus that flashback sequence that is completely unnecessary at the time, and you assume Clem is long gone and the people at Erikson have just continued to keep on keeping on as they would and BOOM fucking Clementine is alive? What the shit? Oh, it's gonna be a dream sequence, you watch. Yep, she hasn't interacted with anyone else yet, definitely a dream sequence. OH SHIT she's talking to someone else, they're all eating dinner? This is real? Nah, AJ gonna wake up soon, for sure. For sure. And then it ends.

So is this some Inception shit, where the ending is *kinda* obvious but also up to interpretation? Or is Clem genuinely alive and well? Because it makes no fucking sense if she is.

If she's alive then how come Lee still died after getting his bite chopped off? 

Did the zombie bite a part of her flesh that was so far torn on that leg at the time that it didn't get the venom into the bloodstream?

> Because if so, that could have easily been explained by Ruby saying something when tending to her wounds.

>> Also, would she not have died from the blood loss?

>>> Also, why was she getting pale and sick and dreary right after the bite if it didn't actually hit her? Like, to have that affect on Clem you'd think the zombie juice would need to be flowing through Clem, and once that happens, you're fucked, right? Right?

I'm going with the "it didn't hit her bloodstream, so they were fine to just chop her leg off" approach. We'll just assume if they stitched her up the venom would have hit her and she'd have died from it then, I don't know. 

Anyway. The worst thing ever happened, and Clem got bit and killed. And for half an hour or so it was to be believed and I grieved for my baby Clem. But then they pulled the rug out and brought her back anyway. So the ending I was hoping for, as unrealistic as it would be, that Clem and her (latest bunch of) friends would be good to just chill out in the apocalypse with as close to a happy ending as you can really get, which I guess they got, but they also did the ending where Clem dies. Which was TERRIBLE AND I AM DEAD. But also like, they should have had them be alternate endings, and they should have had a few other options more than the two, like they did with Kenny back in season 2. Imagine that, you actually choose if Clem lives or dies.

So Clem didn't die, carried on, and honestly, this season was really for nothing then. The new characters for the most part were trash and outside of Clem and AJ's core story, the only person I gave a shit about was Violet and even that was just because I made her a love interest, which apparently no one else did because check this out.  Me and ZERO PERCENT of people left Violet feeling loved. You guys are the real monsters. https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/56293815_632794567177844_7633502760238841856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=adada9aac29674963b48e41feacff53e&oe=5D4A1BA4

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

What was up with that ending? I'll put my shit in spoiler tags in case someone wants to have a hissy, but this whole thread gone be littered with spoilers anyways.

Reveal hidden contents

So like halfway through the thing I feared most happened, Clem got bit. I was all no no non non no but carried on. I was like, hey look, maybe they're gonna say the zombie only bit her boot and she'll be right. Nope. She got bit. Shit. This is the end, Clem! Noooooo! So then you carry on and you carry on and eventually the axe comes down and you assume she's dead and then AJ is walking around doing his stuff for a while, plus that flashback sequence that is completely unnecessary at the time, and you assume Clem is long gone and the people at Erikson have just continued to keep on keeping on as they would and BOOM fucking Clementine is alive? What the shit? Oh, it's gonna be a dream sequence, you watch. Yep, she hasn't interacted with anyone else yet, definitely a dream sequence. OH SHIT she's talking to someone else, they're all eating dinner? This is real? Nah, AJ gonna wake up soon, for sure. For sure. And then it ends.

So is this some Inception shit, where the ending is *kinda* obvious but also up to interpretation? Or is Clem genuinely alive and well? Because it makes no fucking sense if she is.

Did the zombie bite a part of her flesh that was so far torn on that leg at the time that it didn't get the venom into the bloodstream?

> Because if so, that could have easily been explained by Ruby saying something when tending to her wounds.

>>> Also, why was she getting pale and sick and dreary right after the bite if it didn't actually hit her? Like, to have that affect on Clem you'd think the zombie juice would need to be flowing through Clem, and once that happens, you're fucked, right? Right?

I'm going with the "it didn't hit her bloodstream, so they were fine to just chop her leg off" approach. We'll just assume if they stitched her up the venom would have hit her and she'd have died from it then, I don't know. 

Anyway. The worst thing ever happened, and Clem got bit and killed. And for half an hour or so it was to be believed and I grieved for my baby Clem. But then they pulled the rug out and brought her back anyway. So the ending I was hoping for, as unrealistic as it would be, that Clem and her (latest bunch of) friends would be good to just chill out in the apocalypse with as close to a happy ending as you can really get, which I guess they got, but they also did the ending where Clem dies. Which was TERRIBLE AND I AM DEAD. But also like, they should have had them be alternate endings, and they should have had a few other options more than the two, like they did with Kenny back in season 2. Imagine that, you actually choose if Clem lives or dies.

So Clem didn't die, carried on, and honestly, this season was really for nothing then. The new characters for the most part were trash and outside of Clem and AJ's core story, the only person I gave a shit about was Violet and even that was just because I made her a love interest, which apparently no one else did because check this out.  Me and ZERO PERCENT of people left Violet feeling loved. You guys are the real monsters. https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/56293815_632794567177844_7633502760238841856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=adada9aac29674963b48e41feacff53e&oe=5D4A1BA4

Spoiler

Yiu just wrote what i thought :D I dont know how she could survive when lee coudn't.

Btw i finished the episode few min ago and got also 0% :o

yizLozA_d.jpg

I’m happy with the ending. 

I would have been content with the episode ending after AJ goes into the school gates, but the whole in my heart would have taken way longer to heal. I’m glad she survived after all she had been through. AJ is cute and all, but Clem was the reason I kept playing, she is such a lovable character.

I wanted to quit when she was bit, and as above poster said the extra cut-scene with her rescuing AJ felt like it was not needed, they were just putting salt in a wide open wound. While crying like a baby I remember thinking, why couldn’t Clem got a happy ending, or at least a good one. Then when I saw her at the end the flood gate opened and I had to put down the controller for a while. So I am actually very happy she survived.

I think the end completes the series in total quite nice. Of course I want more, but with this ending I’m more than ok, that it’s the last game in the series. With this I can pretend she will have a happly ever after!

Edited by Morfea
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The first two seasons were really great. It was interesting to play and react to different things. Yeah they are cool. The 3d season was pure garbage. Actually I was almost laughing at those stupid dialogs. Actually I was thinking it cant be something  worse then 3d episode. But then came 4th season. And I understand why this gaming company is destroyed. There is no action and story in 4th season at all. Only infinite stupid dialogs with the same morons and no true walking dead action. Im very disappointed with 3d and 4th seasons. I cant believe that after amazing first two seasons came this pure garbage.

• 4 months later...

Have to admit, although it definitely wasn't flawless and I am a bit conflicted about the ending - 

Spoiler

I mean I was very happy to see Clementine alive in the end, but her dying felt more "coming full circle" and back to season 1 ending, so it made more sense to me from the motives the game was trying to convey throughout the season. But still I was super happy that she lived.. so yeah, conflicted.

The story hit me more then I expected. I guess I am a sucker for good story driven games :)

I guess I'm okay with it if it had to end.

Spoiler

I understand the parallels with Lee's story but I would've preferred that Clementine didn't get bit and lose her leg. In hopes that Skybound could maybe continue on with the story. I am happy Clem survived, though.

• Like 4

The Final Season's ending gets better with time IMO.

Spoiler

When I first completed it, I admit I found it pretty lacklustre. I expected Clem to die, and if I'm honest, I wanted her to, for the emotional payoff (morbid, I know). In retrospect, I'm glad she gets a happy(ish) ending. She's a survivor. Lee is an extremely memorable character for his own tragic arc; Clem too, for her own arc. 

All told, a wonderful ending to a great series. 1, 3 and 4 are all superb stories. 2 is the only one which I felt was poorly done.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately, some plonker over on playstationtrophies felt the need to write a massive spoiler in the comments under the walkthrough and guide so I knew what the ending would be :(

A bummer because I would not have guessed that ending at all if it hadn't been for the spoiler! I was just looking through the walkthrough to make sure I hadn't missed a trophy! Ah well! It was still a good ending. 

I liked this season. Season 2 and three were quite weak but I enjoyed this one. It made a nice difference to actually have some missable trophies too.

Spoiler

We had already had the ending where the main character dies and to be honest, major characters dying is so common in the walking dead tv series that all shock factor has been lost from this technique. I personally found it more shocking that she survived. I'm glad they went with the ending they did, it tied the series up nicely. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Hide contents

To add to this:

1. Lee lasted a while after being bit, before he turned (if you didn't kill him first)
  2. Abel (if you attacked him at the train station) lasted a while with an arm cut off
  3. James (if Lily killed him) turned before you could escape the cave (pointless character imho)
  4. Minerva lasted walker attack after attack, before, you assume, she turned
  5. But, Clementine, the main protagonist, has some super power, she can't die!!!