Bosses required for 'Man Without Equal'

Just wanted a clear list of all bosses needed for this trophy.

We can put them in the most convenient order to get them ASAP.

Also: They have to be in the same playtrought right? (NG and NG+ combined) or can you start 3 different NG runs and still get the trophy for killing them all?

Edit: language

Edited by Bunkerbudy

Bosses needed for the trophy:

• Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
  • Lady Butterfly
  • Genichiro Ashina
  • Folding Screen Monkeys
  • Great Serpent*
  • Corrupted Monk
  • Guardian Ape
  • Headless Guardian Ape
  • Owl
  • Hirata Estates Owl
  • True Monk
  • Great Colored Carp*
  • Divine Dragon
  • Demon of Hatred
  • Sword Saint Isshin Ashina
  • Isshin Ashina

*Honestly I don't know if these 2 are needed for Man Without Equal. Probably not since you don't get memories from them, but they're not hard to kill and you need them for other trophies anyway.

And yes, they have to be in the same playthrough (NG and NG+ combined).

Edited by StrangeInStereo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ToTheEmber said:

@StrangeInStereo How did you get them all in one playthrough? What ending did you choose to make sure you could access them all with others being locked out?

Pretty sure they mean one playthrough as in one save file. So you have to beat NG+ and you can't just do two different endbosses by playing two different NG saves.

6 minutes ago, ToTheEmber said:

@StrangeInStereo How did you get them all in one playthrough? What ending did you choose to make sure you could access them all with others being locked out?

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

Pretty sure they mean one playthrough as in one save file. So you have to beat NG+ and you can't just do two different endbosses by playing two different NG saves.

Yeah, my bad, this is what I meant. You absolutely need NG+ for this trophy.

10 minutes ago, SairenOne said:

i dont get it. there are 4 endings, each with different bosses. how does this work with only 2 runs? it would be 4 runs.... NG then NG+ then NG++ and finaly NG+++

Sure, there are 4 endings but the end bosses are not different on all endings.

To get the all bosses trophy u technically only need to do Purification and Shura ending.

Edit: I haven't personally done the purification ending, but reading now that that ending ends the game prematurely, so im not sure anymore if you can do All bosses in 2 runs.

Edited by Misshandlad

3 hours ago, SairenOne said:

i dont get it. there are 4 endings, each with different bosses. how does this work with only 2 runs? it would be 4 runs.... NG then NG+ then NG++ and finaly NG+++

I got all the ending trophies. To answer your question without spoilers, There are only 2 final bosses (the shura ending one, and the same boss for other 3 endings). To get the other three trophies you need to get some items from different quests (check a guide there's plenty on the internet) and after getting said items you make a manual save right after defeating the final boss. The ending depends on which of the 3 Items you use on a character after the final boss battle.

Hope that made sense.

I got the Shura ending on one playthrough and then am getting the others on new game (not new game plus) will I still get the all boss trophy? Also can I got to the second Hirata estate and beat the boss there (but not trigger the ending) and then proceed with the severance/return ending, make a save after the boss there and then load the save three times to get those three endings? Does going to the second Hirata estate void the other two endings?

4 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

Edit: I haven't personally done the purification ending, but reading now that that ending ends the game prematurely, so im not sure anymore if you can do All bosses in 2 runs.

I don't think this ends the the game prematurely. You still progress till the end. Only Shura ends early on.

1 hour ago, davidstubbs said:

I got the Shura ending on one playthrough and then am getting the others on new game (not new game plus) will I still get the all boss trophy?

No you won't, it has to be done in one playtrough aka save game (NG into NG+).

NG+ is basicly required or recommended for a lot of things. Defeating all bosses, getting all skills, upgrading all tools and getting every ending in the game.

The last one 'Getting all endings' can be done in 4 unique runs as well. But the fastest way is doing it with a backup save in NG and getting Shura in NG+

13 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Bosses needed for the trophy:

I know you cant miss this boss when going for Isshin Ashina, but still.

Edit: Language

Edited by Bunkerbudy

13 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

No you won't, it has to be done in one playtrough aka save game (NG into NG+).

NG+ is basicly required or recommended for a lot of things. Defeating all bosses, getting all skills, upgrading all tools and getting every ending in the game.

The last one 'Getting all endings' can be done in 4 unique runs as well. But the fastest way is doing it with a backup save in NG and getting Shura in NG+

I know you cant miss this boss when going for Isshin Ashina, but still.

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: Language

Yeah I didn't mention them because they're unmissable, also cause spoilers lol. But yeah they count as well. I understand people's apprehension for not wanting to do NG+ but it's just better in the long run, and subsequent playthroughs are just super fast. Can't imagine how long it must take to get all the skills in NG. I did it in NG+4 and still took me a while (unless there's an exploit like in BB that I don't know about).

I messed up my first playthrough, thought I could get all bosses by just doing Shura ending in NG+ but forgot about Hirata Estate's Owl... so need to do another playthrough as trophy didnt unlock with just regular Owl. Is NG+ actually more difficult? I'm not sure, NG+ didn't seem to be any different, if anything I got through it much quicker.

Edited by Harry94_

in my second playthrough, i defeated genichiro, and kuro tells me to talk to isshin(when he would tell me about the mortal blade), but then since it is the second playthrough, i already have the blade and cant trigger him to tell me about it. this got me stuck and cant progress. i need help!

Edited by MrUsername0814

On 3/29/2019 at 3:04 AM, MrUsername0814 said:

in my second playthrough, i defeated genichiro, and kuro tells me to talk to isshin(when he would tell me about the mortal blade), but then since it is the second playthrough, i already have the blade and cant trigger him to tell me about it. this got me stuck and cant progress. i need help!

I'm on my 2nd playthrough now and not far after. The game should start you off without the mortal blade (even removes the mortal draw skill from your tree). Are you sure you have it? It should be hanging off your back. I had to beat the folding screen monkeys again to get it. If you don't, you probably just need to talk to Kuro a bunch more times.

Edited by Solarus755

14 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

I was wondering the same thing.

Since Headless bosses don't give pearls, memories or craft items, are they needed for any trophy ? (all boss or another)  I could go and kill them but why bother if it's just to get a stupid item that I'll never use.

They aren't needed for anything, so you can avoid them.

4 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

They aren't needed for anything, so you can avoid them.

Actually you want to deal with Demon of Hatred and Shichimen Warrior in Fountainhead Palace - you get three out of total six Lapis Lazuli obtainable per playthrough. It is crucial to get those two on the first playthrough, as Demon of Hatred is excruciatingly difficult. 

You need 10 Lapis Lazuli to fully upgrade last tier of your Prosthetic tools. After securing all 6 Lapis Lazuli from first playthrough, you will only need four from the second one - one being from pretty easy Shichimen Warrior in Fountainhead Palace and three from Pot Noble in Hirata Estate after completing his questline (which involves killing Great Coloured Carp in Fountainhead Palace).

3 hours ago, Makaveli0160 said:

Actually you want to deal with Demon of Hatred and Shichimen Warrior in Fountainhead Palace - you get three out of total six Lapis Lazuli obtainable per playthrough. It is crucial to get those two on the first playthrough, as Demon of Hatred is excruciatingly difficult. 

You need 10 Lapis Lazuli to fully upgrade last tier of your Prosthetic tools. After securing all 6 Lapis Lazuli from first playthrough, you will only need four from the second one - one being from pretty easy Shichimen Warrior in Fountainhead Palace and three from Pot Noble in Hirata Estate after completing his questline (which involves killing Great Coloured Carp in Fountainhead Palace).

The OP was only asking about the Headless enemies, to which there are five of...And are not needed for any trophies.