Getting really tired of this generation and Sony

fbdbh

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Nah loving everything Sony has been doing. As far as the Exclusives all feeling the same, they really don’t, maybe it’s just you in that case.

I only felt this for Ubisoft games for a while, but then after Horizon, I wasn't so sure. Other people made their point about the subject, like Jim Sterling and Bunnyhop, his video on this makes it clearer:

4 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Sony is complacent, they always do this when they feel they don't need to try anymore.

Really sad tbh.

And when they try something new it's... censorship.

• Like 1

Just now, GTA93 said:

Go get a Xbox One, you'll regret instantly that.

Yyyeah, not looking better. Although it has Rare Replay and backwards compatibility (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey), but that's like a month's worth of interesting material.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Sony is complacent, they always do this when they feel they don't need to try anymore.

Really sad tbh.

But they are trying though, Clearly.

6 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I only felt this for Ubisoft games for a while, but then after Horizon, I wasn't so sure. Other people made their point about the subject, like Jim Sterling and Bunnyhop, his video on this makes it clearer:

And when they try something new it's... censorship.

This “censorship” is so mild I’m not sure it really effects anything. I just disagree on the Exclusives being “the same” cause they just aren’t. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

I have to admit there has been a large influx of open world sandbox games recently and it is starting to become tiring. I’m having to play more indie games in order to actually get more niche experiences as all the triple AAA titles recently are either third person or sandbox. Can’t companies try and branch out into other directions? But then on the other hand, if people are buying these games constantly then the gaming companies will assume that we want more of the same ?

• Like 4

I am rather looking forward ot getting Days Gone next month and Dying Light 2 when that lands.  This year my main excitement is for the Crash Team Racing remaster!

If there really isn't anything that floats your boat like you said PS3 is a great alternative when it comes to discovering many hidden gems you never even knew about.

• Like 3

You mean like dead ps2 classics project, vita, backwards compatibility and in general laziness?

What I'm saying is the truth lol, my perspective is when Sony is at the top them "trying" is marginal effort to make the fanboys happy.

But that's just my opinion on them, which is pretty fair.

Why would they keep making Vita games if they were a financial failure? They never once said they were gonna do backwards compatibility, they’ve even said it’s impossible for them, Cell processor and all. PS2 classics isn’t really a big deal to begin with. You aren’t entitled or owed anything. Sony is the farthest thing from lazy. Nothing wrong with having fans or as you call them in such a negative way “fanboys”.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

I mean I beg to differ considering every project they make is either a gimmick half marketed or abandoned, like move, vr, vita, or whatever the fuck.

Point is they are complacent compared to efforts they have done in the past which was to compensate for losing the so called console war.

They aren't doing anything really worth noting, and you are right nothing is owed hince the complacent laziness of said company.

They don't need to do anything, fans would defend or justify literally anything they do or don't do, that's my point lol

Guess you haven’t seen the massive amount of push behind PSVR?  That’s not an abandoned thing at all. I don’t see said complacencies. I’d say that’s worth nothing.

7 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Not sure how you could think TLoU, R&C (presumably PS4) and God of War (presumably PS4) feel the same. I could see if it were the various cinematic third person shooters, and maybe give you God of War just due to how the camera is. But even still. Astro Bot wasn't even that long ago, and you didn't even finish Gravity Rush 2 (or play 1) and I didn't see Tearaway Unfolded on your profile either.

Games like that don't sell as well, so they don't make them as much. I buy them all, but I'm only one person. I can't change an entire company's behavior with my own purchase. Either buy different things or don't be surprised when the most popular thing is what they make. They're making and funding what sells. Open world games. Third person shooter games with a focus on story. That's what has been working for them. Welcome to business.

I still enjoy the games, but I tire of California's idiocy. They shouldn't be the ones talking with Japanese developers releasing games in Japan. That should be SIEJ. Even if Sony is going to be censorous buffoons the least they can do is just give the ruleset to the Japan branch and delegate to them. But I think they'd scoff at that which is why they don't do that. Since it's absurd. It's ridiculous to have Japanese developers have to go through English speakers in California just to get a game released in Japan. All because the company is filled with pearl clutching moral busy bodies. If it isn't AO on the ESRB rating (or equivilents worldwide) leave it alone. I doubt the ESRB would give anything actually illegal anything but an AO rating. If they wouldn't, then just tell them to get with it instead of putting a huge censorous barrier for no reason.

But whatever. That and the atrocious UI designers that Sony (and basically every modern company) employs are the only issues I have off the top of my head.

Atrocious UI designs? They have some of the best UI these days.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

7 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

Your thoughts don't sound like faults of Sony to me, and rather a reflection on the modern gaming industry as it has stood the past few years in the AAA market and with that I agree wholeheartedly.

^
What OP said about Sony could be sadly extended to nowadays market, it's a general problem.

Why should Naughty Dog do a new ip when they are working on The Last of Us Part 2. 

For me Sony is doing everything right at the moment and I couldnt be a more happy gamer. 

Maybe you just are in a period of no hype for gaming, no matter what the companies do.

Play Spider-Man for a while, or maybe its gonna feel like God of War to you, I donno ?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Why should Naughty Dog do a new ip when they are working on The Last of Us Part 2. 

They've been doing it for each generation.

• 4 Crash Bandicoot games for PS1 (various spinoff by others)
  • 4 Jak games for PS2 (various spinoffs by others)
  • 3 Uncharted games for PS3 (various spinoff by others) AND The Last of Us
  • ... another 2 Uncharted games and another Last of Us
  • Like 1

This generation in general I have not bought nearly as many ps4 games as I did ps3 around the same timeframe. I don't know what it is about the ps4, but most of the games I've played have been really just underwhelming. Not to mention there's just so many ports and remasters. I haven't purchased a single ps4 game since november of last year.

Probably why I've been playing more retro games than current stuff, already bought about 15 sega games, and 1 snes game

• Like 1