fbdbh

Getting really tired of this generation and Sony

286 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GTA93 said:

^
What OP said about Sony could be sadly extended to nowadays market, it's a general problem.

 

What OP said could be applied to any generation after the 1st if we're being honest.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

You mean like dead ps2 classics project, vita, backwards compatibility and in general laziness?

 

What I'm saying is the truth lol, my perspective is when Sony is at the top them "trying" is marginal effort to make the fanboys happy.

 

But that's just my opinion on them, which is pretty fair.

This signature is honestly the funniest shit I've come across to on this site it feels so surreal I love it, it makes you wonder what kind of events occurred that led to you to having to write this and put it as a sig, never change it 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atom1cMoose said:

but i do believe it would be worth a risk to try something new like a few indie games do (a few indie games that deserve massive budgets for how great those games were)

 

Funnily enough, I see indies getting stale as well :P The holy trinity of polished 3D walking simulators, 8/16 bit platformers and Dark Souls reinterpretations never fail to amuse me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fbdbh said:

 

Funnily enough, I see indies getting stale as well :P The holy trinity of polished 3D walking simulators, 8/16 bit platformers and Dark Souls reinterpretations never fail to amuse me.

Yep, countless indie pixel platformer metroidvanias are getting old as much as cinematic third person games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 

Just stop already, you're still going.

 

Aren't you quitting gaming yet? Focus on your exit. I'll handle my posting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

The most offensive thing to me is how they fucked over Vita, milked it with overpriced memory cards for some measly profit and then straight up murdered it.

And after that they go out of their way to fund and shill worthless VR. If Vita got half of support they gave to VR it wouldn't ended up like that.

 

My theory is that there are Nintendo saboteurs within Sony CEOs. At least that's the only reasonable explanation for this shit.

It really didn't help that the Vita was released when smart phones were coming into their own and the mobile gaming market exploded. It's unlikely you'll ever see a traditional gaming handheld ever again now with mobile phones. The switch is just a console with portability

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, majob said:

It really didn't help that the Vita was released when smart phones were coming into their own and the mobile gaming market exploded. It's unlikely you'll ever see a traditional gaming handheld ever again now with mobile phones. The switch is just a console with portability

 

That turned out to be false. There is a market for the Vita, but not the way it was produced. The Switch is just a console with portability... and that's what the Vita was supposed to be doing! The 3DS is still thriving. And I mean, trophies in your pocket, right?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

 

It was... so... boring.

 

 

PS2 was backwards compatible with PS1

PS3 was backwards compatible with PS1 (some versions with PS2)

PS4 did nothing. (Doesn't even play Music CDs anymore :D)

 

It was... kind of a step back.

PS3 wasn’t compatible with previous generations except PS1 for most of the PS3 generation. I don’t see it as a necessary feature, it’s cool when they do it but who would buy a PS just to play older games? Doesn’t really make sense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

Look at you understanding something.

So when you used to go to school. Was the only place you learned actually in a school building? No homework? Summer projects? self learning? Reading a book for fun and learning something new by accident?
 

Jesus man, why are you STILL talking down to people? Do you really think you're that much better than people?

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 

That turned out to be false. There is a market for the Vita, but not the way it was produced. The Switch is just a console with portability... and that's what the Vita was supposed to be doing! The 3DS is still thriving. And I mean, trophies in your pocket, right?

The 3DS had nintendo exclusives like Pokemon, the Vita had no such lineup, it was more expensive and had expensive proprietary memory cards. It came out with nothing going for it but it still managed to last seven years

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 

That turned out to be false. There is a market for the Vita, but not the way it was produced. The Switch is just a console with portability... and that's what the Vita was supposed to be doing! The 3DS is still thriving. And I mean, trophies in your pocket, right?

The portability of the Switch is not the reason most people buy one, it's mostly an excuse they have for the poor performance and shit ports that it gets.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

PS3 wasn’t compatible with previous generations except PS1 for most of the PS3 generation. I don’t see it as a necessary feature, it’s cool when they do it but who would buy a PS just to play older games? Doesn’t really make sense.

 

Why?

 

I came from PC gaming around 2013 when I couldn't take it anymore, I missed out on games like the entire Final Fantasy series (was eyeing especially 9), but more importantly, The Last of Us and Uncharted were really attractive. As soon as I purchased myself a cheap PS3, I instantly downloaded Final Fantasy IX and ordered PS2 classics like the Jak trilogy and the Ratchet trilogy, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. And then I played PS3 games as well. I had an absolute blast. I only had to buy a relatively recent, $150 HD console. Would I've gone through the trouble with a used PS2? Nah.

 

 

Edited by fbdbh
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

 

Don't misunderstand. I love Sony, and I always loved them specifically because they kept pushing like no other company out there. 

 

Nintendo and Xbox are no better, but since last year's E3 I can definitely tell that they are trying harder than Sony.

Lol no they really aren’t.

Just now, fbdbh said:

 

Why?

 

I came from PC gaming around 2013 when I couldn't take it anymore, I missed out on games like the entire Final Fantasy series (was eyeing especially 9), but more importantly, The Last of Us and Uncharted were really attractive. As soon as I purchased myself a cheap PS3, I instantly downloaded Final Fantasy IX and ordered PS2 classics like the Jak trilogy and the Ratchet trilogy, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus. And then I played PS3 games as well. I had an absolute blast. And I just bought a relatively recent, $150 HD console. Would I've gone through the trouble with a used PS2? Nah.

 

 

So you would buy a new console to play old games? Sounds kind of silly but whatever I guess.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

The most offensive thing to me is how they fucked over Vita, milked it with overpriced memory cards for some measly profit and then straight up murdered it.

And after that they go out of their way to fund and shill worthless VR. If Vita got half of support they gave to VR it wouldn't ended up like that.

 

My theory is that there are Nintendo saboteurs within Sony CEOs. At least that's the only reasonable explanation for this shit.

 

Handhelds aren't their lane, Nintendo has a lock on that market. Even if they supported it a bit more things wouldn't have changed all that much after the initial damage was done. It was the smarter move to shift to something like VR where the other main consoles aren't doing it. Your theory did give me a chuckle, though.

 

1 minute ago, Kezzai said:

The portability of the Switch is not the reason most people buy one, it's mostly an excuse they have for the poor performance and shit ports that it gets.

 

That's a pretty dumb take tbh. A lot of people, myself included, use their Switch in portable mode more often than not. Even in portable mode the games look good to me. Your comment seems like you're being dismissive just for the sake of it. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brawler said:

That's a pretty dumb take tbh. A lot of people, myself included, use their Switch in portable mode more often than not. Even in portable mode the games look good to me. Your comment seems like you're being dismissive just for the sake of it. 

They might look good to you sure, but it's just like Nintendo's other consoles. Always poorer performance than the competition for the sake of dumb gimmicks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

They might look good to you sure, but it's just like Nintendo's other consoles. Always poorer performance than the competition for the sake of dumb gimmicks.

 

Recently bought a New 2DS XL, no gimmicks, somewhat lesser resolution, but performance is not poor, it's quite the opposite. Link Between Worlds and Dragon Quest VIII load fast and play fast.

 

My Switch experiences are also nice, especially with exclusives.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kezzai said:

They might look good to you sure, but it's just like Nintendo's other consoles. Always poorer performance than the competition for the sake of dumb gimmicks.

 

Portability isn't a dumb gimmick tho. I'm fine with it not running 4K if the trade off is I can take it with me as I go. You're trying way too hard to be a downer to the point I have to ask, did Nintendo hurt you?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol no they really aren’t.

So you would buy a new console to play old games? Sounds kind of silly but whatever I guess.

 

 

It's silly to play games from previous gens that you missed because you didn't play on that platform? I think that seems perfectly reasonable. This thread reeks of fanboyism.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the PS4 is not that great in terms of games as the PS3 but I have to say that I like the console more than during the first three years. Exclusives like Nier, GoW and Bloodborne were just amazing! That SotC remake was great as well but that's about it when thinking about really good games. However I don't see a bigger problem regarding Sony but the market as a whole.

 

So many games follow certain formulas and are just boring. The trend of loot shooters, battle royals, games as a service, fps ect. is just soo annoying. The upside is that my backlog is huge and if the industry suddenly stopped I would be okay with it due to the amount of unplayed games. I also have to say that I own a Switch and the experiences on there were just great so far. Smaller games like Celeste and Dead Cells were also really great and kinda new. So why don't you play on other platforms or other games from time to time? Maybe the grass actually IS greener.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brawler said:

 

Portability isn't a dumb gimmick tho. I'm fine with it not running 4K if the trade off is I can take it with me as I go. You're trying way too hard to be a downer to the point I have to ask, did Nintendo hurt you?

No they didn't, but I don't like mindless fanboys who dickride them despite them being the worst console provider for a multitude of reasons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with what Sony has done this gen., but that being said I'm older now being a Sony supporter since I got my PS1.  So I will say I don't game as much as I used to but I have been happy with the games I have played so far on the PS4.  Granted a lot of my collection is buying the old RE games.  But I will say I got to enjoy Persona 5 which is a great game in my opinion, and got a chance to play classics like the Yakuza games which I missed out on when they were originally released.  I guess from a new ip stand point I can see what every one is talking about.  Granted these are just my thoughts and don't mean really anything at the end of the day. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

No they didn't, but I don't like mindless fanboys who dickride them despite them being the worst console provider for a multitude of reasons.

 

The only person being mindless here is you. I'm not "dickriding" them at all, I've had my fair share of criticism about the Switch as well. I just think you're going too far in the other direction in a thread that isn't even about Nintendo and I'm not entirely sure why. Kind of makes you come off like the mindless fanboy who dickrides Sony to the point you'll ree about other consoles just because the OP said something bad about them. At least he had a well-constructed thought behind it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brawler said:

 

The only person being mindless here is you. I'm not "dickriding" them at all, I've had my fair share of criticism about the Switch as well. I just think you're going too far in the other direction in a thread that isn't even about Nintendo and I'm not entirely sure why. Kind of makes you come off like the mindless fanboy who dickrides Sony to the point you'll ree about other consoles just because the OP said something bad about them. At least he had a well-constructed thought behind it.

Yep, the thread isn't specifically about Nintendo, but it is fair to compare Sony to their competition in a thread like this. Stop reeing about my opinion.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.