Getting really tired of this generation and Sony

fbdbh

54 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I agree that the PS4 is not that great in terms of games as the PS3 but I have to say that I like the console more than during the first three years. Exclusives like Nier, GoW and Bloodborne were just amazing! That SotC remake was great as well but that's about it when thinking about really good games. However I don't see a bigger problem regarding Sony but the market as a whole.

So many games follow certain formulas and are just boring. The trend of loot shooters, battle royals, games as a service, fps ect. is just soo annoying. The upside is that my backlog is huge and if the industry suddenly stopped I would be okay with it due to the amount of unplayed games. I also have to say that I own a Switch and the experiences on there were just great so far. Smaller games like Celeste and Dead Cells were also really great and kinda new. So why don't you play on other platforms or other games from time to time? Maybe the grass actually IS greener.

Lol What? The PS4 is amazing as far as games go. Damn, are you out of your mind?

53 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

fuck-you-sony.jpg

ftfy

They give you great games and you say fuck You. So entitled.

Jeez, guys, chill. No console companies should be immune to criticism, and all console companies deserve the love of their satisfied fans. But going after each other is just nonsense. Debate arguments, not each other.

Also, this is not a Sony website ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Nah loving everything Sony has been doing. As far as the Exclusives all feeling the same, they really don’t, maybe it’s just you in that case.

4 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Guess you haven’t seen the massive amount of push behind PSVR?  That’s not an abandoned thing at all. I don’t see said complacencies. I’d say that’s worth nothing.

Atrocious UI designs? They have some of the best UI these days.

9 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol What? The PS4 is amazing as far as games go. Damn, are you out of your mind?

They give you great games and you say fuck You. So entitled.

Looks like this website's Captcha system isn't working correctly, since we've got a bot from the Sony forums posting on here.

That, or the world record holder for the least sensitive gag reflex is in our midst. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brawler said:

It's a forum, you were saying something I found particularly dumb so I responded to it. Just because it happened to be something positive about Nintendo doesn't make me a dickriding fanboy. There are several clues that indicate you are a fanboy, however. 

1.) Going out of your way to rag on Nintendo in a thread criticizing Sony.

2.) Calling me a dick riding fanboy for disagreeing with you that Nintendo is garbage.

3.) Telling me that because this is a PlayStation website I shouldn't be looking for positive comments about Nintendo.

4.) You think I want an echo chamber when you're actually the one getting in a huff because I'm disagreeing with you, to the point you tell me to go elsewhere because you can't handle a different opinion. 

It must be tough being so far up a companies ass that you feel compelled to act this way. Thankfully I can go about appreciating each of the platforms for what they have to offer. :) 

1) It's fair to bring up the bad aspects of another company in response to the OPs comments about the bad aspects of Sony.
2) Also the fact that you did not contribute to the thread at all yourself besides replying to my comments about Nintendo
3) Yeah, you probably shouldn't. Just like I wouldn't be on an Nintendo forum where people talk bad about Microsoft/Sony and try to defend them.
4) You replied to me first so keep dancing puppet.

11 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

It was a slight exaggeration, but the new God of War is clearly informed by the design choices of The Last of Us, taking even more hints from Tomb Raider (2013), Cory Barlog has worked on that too. God of War lost its genre, lost its sharp combat, and no matter how its drama plays out beautifully, it still doesn't make any sense.

Ratchet & Clank might seem similar to its original, but it's definitely not (I could try to be articulate about the subject, but there are people way more competent than me, see the "How Ratchet Lost Its Edge" video by TGBS on Youtube, his GoW videos are also on point). 

I disagree, I liked Uncharted 3 more than 4. Capcom is doing great with sequels, and that kind of energy would be nice for Sony franchises. I could let Ratchet slide, if there would be more. Since 2013 the only Ratchet game is that horrible movie tie-in. It's the only one game in the series you can play on PS4! A legendary Sony exclusive series, and that's it for a current gen? At least Capcom is porting its goodies left and right, and if I'm just a stuck up nostalgic weirdo, I can play my favorites on my current console. But not Ratchet. (I'm a Ratchet fan if you haven't noticed :D) 

I think God of War's new combat is stellar. I don't know what difficulty you played it on, but at higher difficulties, you have to make use of all the tools given to you and it flows beautifully. God of War reinvented itself, so it wouldn't end up a dead franchise. The story makes sense, unless you're talking about inconsistencies with continuity. I think that was a small sacrifice that had to be made in order to create something remarkable. 

I agree that Sony should port more games to PS4 because it'd probably be profitable. I've wanted a Resistance trilogy on PS4 since news came out that Sony acquired the rights to Resistance. I love R&C as well, and while the new one isn't as good as the older entries, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. It'd probably be best for R&C games to be ported to PS4 since the franchise will probably be shelved for sometime while Insomniac continues to work on Spiderman.

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I might be alone, but I don't need my ass licked by a corporation. Sure, there are things that I require to continue my loyalty, but constant community feedback is not one of them. 

Call me a blind fanboy, but these issues are not issues to me. Not even one of them. It's like people just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.

As long as Sony's first party games are strong, I don't really care what is "going on at PlayStation". The only thing that matters to me are still the games. Words mean nothing.

The only thing that actually matters on that list is PSN name changes.

3 hours ago, fbdbh said:

It was... so... boring.

But it was different, wasn't it?

3 hours ago, fbdbh said:

They've been doing it for each generation.

• 4 Crash Bandicoot games for PS1 (various spinoff by others)
  • 4 Jak games for PS2 (various spinoffs by others)
  • 3 Uncharted games for PS3 (various spinoff by others) AND The Last of Us
  • ... another 2 Uncharted games and another Last of Us

So if TLOU 1 came out on PS4, it would count as a new IP?

I don't think they need to stop after 1 game only because it started on the previous generation (at the end of it).

5 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Just think about it, during the PS2 era if you played a Tomb Raider, a God of War, a Resident Evil, a Ratchet and Clank, a Metal Gear Solid 3

Tomb Raider and Resident Evil are not exclusives, though. Not a 100% fair comparison. I'd list Jak games. Also a series with 3rd person camera and open world. Yet, it's a lot different. Even the games in the series themselves were different enough, especially 2 compared to 1.

In general, IMO, this gen has too many 3rd-person open-world games among big exclusives and more to come soon. 

Examples being:

• Uncharted jumping from linear to open-world (kinda)
  • Guerrilla jumping from FPS (Killzone) to TPS (Horizon)
  • Insomniac not doing FPS anymore (Resistance) and focusing on 3rd-person games (Ratchet and Spider-Man) with Spider-man also being a sandbox
  • Kojima making Death Stranding an open-world
  • Days Gone being an open-world TPS

If you look at each case individually, it makes sense. 

But when you realise it all happened at the same time, you see a problem.

I agree with people above who said it's more of an industry trend. I can once again bring up Kojima as example. He also made a jump from linear locations in older MGS games to open world in MGS TPP (multiplatform). And once again with Insomniac: Sunset Overdrive is a 3rd-person sandbox (XBOX One console excusve).

So yeah, I thing Sony just happened to be caught in the trend the most. And I don't know what they could do really. They would't say to a studio pitching another TPS "No, we have too many of those, go make something different", I guess.

Edited by Alderriz
missed a letter

1 hour ago, Brawler said:

Portability isn't a dumb gimmick tho. I'm fine with it not running 4K if the trade off is I can take it with me as I go. You're trying way too hard to be a downer to the point I have to ask, did Nintendo hurt you?

The question here, my friend is does the person even own a switch? My guess is no. And if they haven't played it, the statement was a moot point to begin with. Should've never wasted your time.

OT: To me, it sounds like the OP is just tired of games in general. R&C and TLOU are nothing alike. Though, I at least get the GoW and TLOU comparison, but they in no way, shape, or form PLAY the same. The only similarity is the narrative and it stops there. That's like saying Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are the same because they're both cartoony platformers with similar graphics.

Also, you left out Detroit, Astro Bot, Days Gone, Knack, The Order 1886, The Last Guardian, Deracine, Drive club, Until Dawn, and Resogun in your exclusives. Not to mention we will likely see Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding on the PS4. I could list a handful more of VR games, but I limited myself to 2. I'm not saying they're all great, but they are there. ND isn't entitled to create a new IP just because a new generation came out. It's probably more complex and requires more resources to create a high quality PS4 game which is why we aren't seeing yearly releases.

I want to be on the record for this last part; There's a lot of things I don't like about Sony, EA, Activision, Nintendo, Microsoft, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, the state of gaming, etc, but this is EXACTLY why I don't create threads about it. It always, always, always ends in one giant shit show that just gets toxic and always gets derailed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The question here, my friend is does the person even own a switch? My guess is no. And if they haven't played it, the statement was a moot point to begin with. Should've never wasted your time.

OT: To me, it sounds like the OP is just tired of games in general. R&C and TLOU are nothing alike. Though, I at least get the GoW and TLOU comparison, but they in no way, shape, or form PLAY the same. The only similarity is the narrative and it stops there. That's like saying Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are the same because they're both cartoony platformers with similar graphics.

Also, you left out Detroit, Astro Bot, Days Gone, Knack, The Order 1886, The Last Guardian, Deracine, Drive club, Until Dawn, and Resogun in your exclusives. Not to mention we will likely see Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding on the PS4. I could list a handful more of VR games, but I limited myself to 2. I'm not saying they're all great, but they are there. ND isn't entitled to create a new IP just because a new generation came out. It's probably more complex and requires more resources to create a high quality PS4 game which is why we aren't seeing yearly releases.

I want to be on the record for this last part; There's a lot of things I don't like about Sony, EA, Activision, Nintendo, Microsoft, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, the state of gaming, etc, but this is EXACTLY why I don't create threads about it. It always, always, always ends in one giant shit show that just gets toxic and always gets derailed.

I agree with this, but I will always love Sony, Nintendo, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, SE, Bandai Namco and any other company from Japan that pipes my interest. Not a big fan of western gaming companies, those suck. But I always pay no mind to the state of gaming because I enjoyed gaming as it is. And you have a fair point about not creating a thread about it. It usually stirs up trouble and people will bitch about things for the sake of bitching because they think life isn't fair for them.

• Like 1

If you aren't liking the AAA games/exclusives, may I suggest you take a look at some of the indie games on PSN? I used to hate the idea of Indies as I thought most of them were cash in shovelware crap, but now I'm finding like 90% of my games are the little ones. They also have the advantage of going on sale often so if you see one you are interested in, you can usually get it for cheap. There are also some other larger games that never got much in the way of marketing.

My suggestions are:

Ginger Beyond the Crystal ( I really don't understand why people don't like this one, I think it's great)

Shiness the Lightning Kingdom 

Cosmic Star Heroine

Abzu

Stick it to the Man

I kept it to games I know. Hopefully this helps you to realize games don't have to be Triple A to be enjoyable. Also, if you don't like the exclusives, dont play them. There's still more on Sony's console than the poor old Xbox.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coldsphinx93 said:

If you aren't liking the AAA games/exclusives, may I suggest you take a look at some of the indie games on PSN? I used to hate the idea of Indies as I thought most of them were cash in shovelware crap, but now I'm finding like 90% of my games are the little ones. They also have the advantage of going on sale often so if you see one you are interested in, you can usually get it for cheap. There are also some other larger games that never got much in the way of marketing.

My suggestions are:

Ginger Beyond the Crystal ( I really don't understand why people don't like this one, I think it's great)

Shiness the Lightning Kingdom 

Cosmic Star Heroine

Abzu

Stick it to the Man

I kept it to games I know. Hopefully this helps you to realize games don't have to be Triple A to be enjoyable. Also, if you don't like the exclusives, dont play them. There's still more on Sony's console than the poor old Xbox.

Indie games so much to kill time when you just want to relax and not play a long story driven game or even somethings that's open world, so i agree with this point that you made.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Looks like this website's Captcha system isn't working correctly, since we've got a bot from the Sony forums posting on here.

That, or the world record holder for the least sensitive gag reflex is in our midst. 

Not a bot nor the other thing, Just a fan of Playstation (which if you aren’t and you’re on a Sony forum I question your logic). No problem with that. Good try though.

41 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

I give them great money. Learn how to use a dictionary.

Lol what are you even talking about?

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

13 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Just a fan of Playstation (which if you aren’t and you’re on a Sony forum I question your logic).

It's a trophy hunting forum, not a Sony forum. 

You can like the console but dislike the company that made it. I like films about World War 2...doesn't mean I like the Nazis, despite them being an instrumental part of something I like. 

• Like 3

Honestly only big triple A games feel repetitive and blend together as they exist to get sales to please shareholders. 

Sony while partaking in the safe options of like the 3rd person cinematic games also have released stuff like gravity rush this generation that's as far away from safe you can get. You have platforms like tearaway and astrobot that are genuinely fun games that feel like mascot platforms of old but with the modern changes. One of the best exclusives from just scores alone is a souls like game an actual niche in the grand scheme of gaming as a whole but doesn't fit anything Sony has as there mainstay big exclusives. 

Then while not exclusive anymore there still are yakuza games that are highly cinematic in cutscenes and tell an engaging story with a great cast while in terms of gameplay are fast paced brawlers set around a small part of Tokyo that feels more vast than most big sandbox games. 

Yeah they also the whole censorship thing going down but it won't affect alot of people as alot of people are getting into building pc's and play stuff there to get around censorship or they own a switch. 

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

It's a trophy hunting forum, not a Sony forum. 

You can like the console but dislike the company that made it. I like films about World War 2...doesn't mean I like the Nazis, despite them being an instrumental part of something I like. 

Lol did you seriously just compare Sony to the Nazis? Terrible analogy. “Trophy hunting” is a Playstation thing thus this is a Sony/Playstation Forum, Common Sence dude.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

I agree with this, but I will always love Sony, Nintendo, Insomniac, Naughty Dog, SE, Bandai Namco and any other company from Japan that pipes my interest. 

As do I. However, we never see threads about what we LIKE about these companies.

The problem with these topics are that people feel attacked and lash out at those who disagree with the negatives or vice versa. Not to mention that it comes across as attention-seeking to create a new topic about something you personally hate, and then, at the end of a 6 paragraph essay conclude with, "your thoughts?" It should be more of "What are your thoughts on ____?" Then state your opinion on it without being 4-6 paragraphs long and have the topic be focused on the topic/issue itself (like it should be) instead of the 1 person's negative opinion. People get more offended this way (usually the OP, but not always) and creates a polarizing thread where no one's opinion is fully accepted or respected.

Anyways, I've already said my piece on the topic. I think previous generations were better, but I don't think it was "bad." I think that we are still in store for some great games and exclusives are there. VR has actually rekindled my love for gaming this generation and to me, was a highlight of this generation. Those who hate on VR either never tried it, didn't play the right games, or get motion sickness easily (which is actually a very valid reason to hate it, lol).

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3