NG+ and 3 New Trophies Coming With Patch 1.04

The_Pope93

Hey everyone,

4A Games just announced details of the next patch for the game. Among many other fixes/improvements/additions are a new game + mode, and 3 new trophies.

Toy Seller

Find 3 toys in New Game+ mode: teddy bear, sun and fish.

Mutation

Complete the game in New Game+ mode using any modification.

Iron Mode

Complete the game in Iron Mode.

Iron Mode fully disables the Save System, progress is only saved between levels.

Full patch notes here: https://www.metrothegame.com/news/ranger-update/

ugghhhhh.  Pretty boring the 1st two times.

4 minutes ago, Max654 said:

Really guys? What is this mentality? People always complain that it lacks lot of content in many games and they want more. There comes more content for FREE and now you complain that there is too much of it and you want less?! I swear, people...

that isn't the argument that we want less content.  Replaying a fucking game a 3rd time to pick up a teddy bear isn't new content anyway.  What are you thinking?  Are you really falling for that bullshit that developers pull to make it look like your getting something new.   News for you pal you own the game you can play it as many times as you want however you want anytime you want.  It's partly open world with endless possibilities to how you approach it.  You can spend your whole life playing it if you want you like it so much.  You can invent ll sorts of ways on your own you don't need a developer to tell you to go pick up a damn teddy bear.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Max654 said:

There comes more content for FREE and now you complain that there is too much of it and you want no more of it?!

This is not a game where your progress would really matter on NG+. Also this is not really a gameplay-driven game either. It works well in addition to well written story, thick atmosphere and nice characters. But it is not Spider-Man, DMC5 or Sekiro - the games where you really enjoy the every second of PLAYING them and it is a nice addition to jump in for more action. My second playthrough already was a boring run and gun. Unskippable cutscenes do not help either.

Like I said, it is good for people who not yet played or platinumed. Heck, it is a great update overall -  just do not add meaningless trophies. I prefer to complete a game fully and move on. Or, like in this case, wait for the DLCs, cause I bought the Gold Edition. Proper DLCs, I hope. Wouldn't survive another grind fiesta as in Ni no Kuni 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

My main concern is since my last run was on Ranger Hardcore, does that mean I have to do NG+ on Ranger Hardcore with Iron Mode as well or can I change the difficulty?  1f914.png

Nope, you can do NG+ on Reader and activate Iron Mode as one of the modifiers :)  Just tested it, did Ranger Hardcore as my last run. Works on any difficulty, and its saves between levels. Just don't die in the midst of a level. 

You can also choose to carry your last weapons from Dead City over with you (if you choose the Weapons modifier). 

Also, has anyone got any ideas for where the sun and fish toys are for "Toy Seller"? The bear is easy, it is related to a trophy. No idea about the other 2. Presume the sun toy is in Caspian somewhere. 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Nope, you can do NG+ on Reader and activate Iron Mode as one of the modifiers :)  Just tested it, did Ranger Hardcore as my last run. Works on any difficulty, and its saves between levels. Just don't die in the midst of a level. 

You can also choose to carry your last weapons from Dead City over with you (if you choose the Weapons modifier). 

Also, has anyone got any ideas for where the sun and fish toys are for "Toy Seller"? The bear is easy, it is related to a trophy. No idea about the other 2. Presume the sun toy is in Caspian somewhere. 

So by selecting iron mode as a modifier you get both the iron mode trophy as well as mutation?  You don't have to have a 2nd modifier for mutation?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

If this is legit, then these trophies are thankfully easy.

Gotta 100% FFXV and work a bit more on Gwent first tho and then I'll tackle this.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

So by selecting iron mode as a modifier you get both the iron mode trophy as well as mutation?  You don't have to have a 2nd modifier for mutation?

1 hour ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

If this is legit, then these trophies are thankfully easy.

Gotta 100% FFXV and work a bit more on Gwent first tho and then I'll tackle this.

^^^ (the thread also has their official twitter saying 'looks like they've covered it".)

From reading the description, you would presume so..it says any modifier, and Iron Mode is a modifier. It kind of helps having other weapon modifiers open anyway, it would appear, so if you want to be safe just do that! 

2 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

^^^ (the thread also has their official twitter saying 'looks like they've covered it".)

From reading the description, you would presume so..it says any modifier, and Iron Mode is a modifier. It kind of helps having other weapon modifiers open anyway, it would appear, so if you want to be safe just do that! 

Awesome! ??

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm seeing people in here saying they are already doing this stuff but my trophy list still says 100% so no new trophies added?

Look at your trophies on your ps4.  is your ps4 connected to internet at the moment?  They just haven't updated on this site.

14 hours ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Only worried about the end of Caspian level ("boss fight").  It's the only part where I can easily die over and over.

12 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

Yamantau and Caspian were the only reasons I would not have attempted this. Yamantau isn't bad, but having to replay the entirety of Caspian all because of that heavy suit? Fuck that. Idk if it's possible but I even tried killing him through the window before he enters and I don't think any damage registers to him until after he enters the penthouse.

EDIT:

I'm actually disappointed with these DLC trophies. They don't add anything to the experience from what I can tell.

Modifiers will probably add a little amusement, but nothing overall. Zero point in adding a save limiting modifier. This is just an extra burden for new people that will want to get this trophy done on a NG+ run while getting another ending, and god help those people if they combine it with their RH run.

Unless the Sun and Fish toys are in new areas this trophy is just a retarded addition. Do they add good karma points for newcomers? 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Fish - on Volga, inside the terminal where you go to get the railcar, in the room where you can lure and kill the Tsar fish, if you turn left after walking in there's a boat with a fish inside of it, hanging down on the right side of the boat is the fish.

Sun - on Caspian, when you go to meet Damir for the water truck mission, at the very start when you get out of your vehicle, head in to the valley area and take the very first left that you can and go down the small drop, directly infront of you is a pole, attatched to the pole is the sun.

Bear - on the Taiga, after you get to the swampy area and turn on the power, use the lift to meet the Admiral and directly behind him is a big map, hanging down infront of it will be the bear.

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Yamantau and Caspian were the only reasons I would not have attempted this. Yamantau isn't bad, but having to replay the entirety of Caspian all because of that heavy suit? Fuck that. Idk if it's possible but I even tried killing him through the window before he enters and I don't think any damage registers to him until after he enters the penthouse.

If you have a few molotovs ready he goes down pretty fast. On Reader mode I just fired two molotovs at him as soon as he entered and he was dead.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, emailking said:

If you have a few molotovs ready he goes down pretty fast. On Reader mode I just fired two molotovs at him as soon as he entered and he was dead.

I know. My main concern before reading the entire thread was that this was going to be on a difficulty other than Reader. Even on Reader this is still a pretty boring trophy to add.

They should have used Last Light as inspiration and given us things to do as the other characters.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Max654 said:

Really guys? What is this mentality? People always complain that it lacks lot of content in many games and they want more. There comes more content for FREE and now you complain that there is too much of it and you want less?! I swear, people...

I understand what you're saying, in terms of the trend of overpriced DLC in past which people complained about...now people complaining about free DLC, however I think there's a bit more to it than that.

For starters, it's not like they are adding a ton of content here for these games, it's just adding NG+ for the most part. This could've added it at launch to be honest. In my opinion, this is just a way for the devs to bridge the gap for PAID DLC and keep players invested in their game until then. Devs used to add horde/challenge modes in the past before story DLC at a cost, but this is obviously cheaper and they would catch hell if they charged for it. Which, ironically, they tried this with Last Light and it backfired. Sorry, I don't buy the "pro consumer" approach by these dev teams.

Edited by rotoninja

I'm with most of the other people in this thread. I actually had to do 3 play throughs for the platinum as I didn't get Full Strength on my first play through. Now this means I'll have to go through it again one more time, potentially 2 more times.

I'm not against completely against NG+ add ons but for games like this and Far Cry 5 it makes no sense what so ever, it's not an open world RPG, it's a story driven game.

Us trophy hunters are a small minority so I imagine most people will welcome the new "content" but for me, it's a massive inconvenience. Don't get  me wrong, I love this game but it's not a game you replay several times in a small amount of time as it is quite slow.

I wonder if this glitch would work? Might be worth testing?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I'm with most of the other people in this thread. I actually had to do 3 play throughs for the platinum as I didn't get Full Strength on my first play through. Now this means I'll have to go through it again one more time, potentially 2 more times.

I'm not against completely against NG+ add ons but for games like this and Far Cry 5 it makes no sense what so ever, it's not an open world RPG, it's a story driven game.

Us trophy hunters are a small minority so I imagine most people will welcome the new "content" but for me, it's a massive inconvenience. Don't get  me wrong, I love this game but it's not a game you replay several times in a small amount of time as it is quite slow.

I wonder if this glitch would work? Might be worth testing?

I can't see how. To have the modifiers you'd need to download the update, so I don't see how this would work. 

12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Dumb question but when do I get my equipment back in new game plus? I put in the thing to have my last games weapons but I'm up to the Volga and still haven't got my old equipment

Yep, I had this issue too. 

Even on easy, Iron mode is super annoying. Fell off the bridge at the very end of Volga (top level and all). Wasted an hour and a quarter, at least, and that was with me literally sprinting through.