Rest mode not downloading update files

Ever since i believe update 1.14, update files for this game and only this game no longer seem to download when suspended in rest mode.  For instance, my consoles are perpetually in rest mode when im not using them, specifically so these massive updates can download when im asleep or not around but the download isnt starting until i actually log into my account and when i go to play the game, POP UP (download the update to connect to online features). WTF

This is happening both on my original ps4 and my pro, all my settings are enabled so by definition, this shouldnt be happening. Is this a common occurrence with everyone else? What did Treyarch do this time

Edited by Property_Damage

Don't worry, I don't even do rest mode (I leave my system on 24/7)  and my updates seem to be hit or miss on automatic.  About a 50/50 chance when I launch the game for an update to initiate via download.

How many games do you currently have installed?  I always wondered if that was part of the issue, as I currently have around 186 games installed at the moment.

Edited by supertrunksman

I think its because of how many games are on the console since I have almost filled up 4tb. I wanna say its rebuild database that can help it auto update more but it stopped after about a week or two of doing it. Now I just check for update on games that are relatively newish and would most likely have updates and now it starts to do them automatically again.