Trophies for Trophy Hunting competition (April 1st - April 30th)

Idk if i'll be participating (not a lot of time and tight on cash rn), but i'll ask that one question that i think most community events get - how do i find trophies for that? Yeah, i could just search for trophies from current sales, but is there a better way? Or i'm just a whining bitch?

Just now, Varhur said:

Idk if i'll be participating (not a lot of time and tight on cash rn), but i'll ask that one question that i think most community events get - how do i find trophies for that? Yeah, i could just search for trophies from current sales, but is there a better way? Or i'm just a whining bitch?

You can search for certain words in trophy names on https://psnprofiles.com/trophies as long as the words are at least four letters long.

If you have a lot of unearned trophies, you can sort them on alphabetical order in the trophy advisor on your own psnprofiles page. (assuming you still own most of those games)

Does that help you?

pls sign me up... i'm living in gmt +1 timezone...

this sounds like a cool idea and it clearly goes around the easter and april theme :D

I don't know what ARIES and TAURUS mean in this context though, can you explain that pls? :)

Lets see how many challenges i can achieve without planning too much :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

5 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

this sounds like a cool idea and it clearly goes around the easter and april theme :D

I don't know what ARIES and TAURUS mean in this context though, can you explain that pls? :)

It is indeed themed around april
If your birthday is in April, your zodiac sign is either Aries or Taurus

The word king is because we celebrate King's day in April here in The Netherlands
super and hero because Avengers Endgame releases this April

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

You can search for certain words in trophy names on https://psnprofiles.com/trophies as long as the words are at least four letters long.

If you have a lot of unearned trophies, you can sort them on alphabetical order in the trophy advisor on your own psnprofiles page. (assuming you still own most of those games)

Does that help you?

Well, kinda, but there's still some things, i don't have backlog, so that doesn't work, and except for digging in the all trophies alphabetical, A, P, R,I and L are lucky if i got right trophy lists. And having B U N N Y letters and other challenges those type are on another level.

Not to say anything bad about the event though, it's a great idea and, what's nice, original, glad to see creativity.

5 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Well, kinda, but there's still some things, i don't have backlog, so that doesn't work, and except for digging in the all trophies alphabetical, A, P, R,I and L are lucky if i got right trophy lists. And having B U N N Y letters and other challenges those type are on another level.

Not to say anything bad about the event though, it's a great idea and, what's nice, original, glad to see creativity.

Not sure if it's unclear but just to be sure: For the A, P, R, I, L, challenges, the name of the game has to start with that letter instead of the name of the trophy.

I know some challenges are harder to find the right trophies for, but you can always skip 5 out of the 40 challenges and go for round 2

It is the first time i'm setting up a challenge like this, so it will take some trial and error to come to the best version of it.
Should any challenge seem to be too hard, i will try something else next time

Very creative and fun community event you have created! Although I won't be joining as much as I would like to, knowning me and the time it takes me to gain trophies,I probably won't accomplish much hehe. Still, I'm here to support you and wish everyone that has sign up for this event the best of luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

It is indeed themed around april
If your birthday is in April, your zodiac sign is either Aries or Taurus

The word king is because we celebrate King's day in April here in The Netherlands
super and hero because Avengers Endgame releases this April

thx for explaining. I never cared for the english names of those zodiac signs :D good ideas though :)

58 minutes ago, VASORAT13 said:

This looks like a fun event sign me up pls.
My timezone is UTC+1 (CET)

Edit: For Throphies earned this month you mean March I suppose. Just asking to be clear.

Not sure if I understand your question correctly.

If you're asking this for challenges 27 and 28 'a game you haven't started this month' 

You've got to have started that game before april 1st, so yes in march 2019 or earlier

If you're asking this in another context please clarify :)

7 minutes ago, CSmit180 said:

Not sure if I understand your question correctly.

If you're asking this for challenges 27 and 28 'a game you haven't started this month' 

You've got to have started that game before april 1st, so yes in march 2019 or earlier

If you're asking this in another context please clarify :)

Sometimes I Read to fast. Probably I haven't read haven't before :)

Edited by VASORAT13

9 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

Not sure if it's unclear but just to be sure: For the A, P, R, I, L, challenges, the name of the game has to start with that letter instead of the name of the trophy.

I know some challenges are harder to find the right trophies for, but you can always skip 5 out of the 40 challenges and go for round 2

It is the first time i'm setting up a challenge like this, so it will take some trial and error to come to the best version of it.
Should any challenge seem to be too hard, i will try something else next time

And the special event badge is from the 35 or 5 completed challenges?

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

And the special event badge is from the 35 or 5 completed challenges?

I don't have anything like badges yet.

What I meant is that you don't have to complete all 40 to keep scoring points.

You get a point for every challenge you complete. After you've completed at least 35 of the 40 challenges you can start your round 2. Meaning you can go for the same challenges to score more points.

So if there are challenges that you don't have the right trophies for you can skip 5 challenges and go for round 2 to keep scoring points :)

Hmm, sounds like a fun and challenging event. Sadly, there's no way for me to complete these two challenges:

On ‎26‎.‎03‎.‎2019 at 9:24 PM, CSmit180 said:

27.  Get a trophy from a game that you haven’t started this month but is still under 20% completion

28.  Get a trophy from a game that you haven’t started this month but is still E or D rank

16 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Hmm, sounds like a fun and challenging event. Sadly, there's no way for me to complete these two challenges:

Game with less than 20%

Game with E or D rank

Well currently you have 1 game that fits both criteria so just leave it at that? :) otherwise just earn 1 trophy in another game on the last day of march? Surely you have more games you can add? :D

55 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well currently you have 1 game that fits both criteria so just leave it at that? :) otherwise just earn 1 trophy in another game on the last day of march? Surely you have more games you can add? :D

It says "haven't started this month". So for me, this means March. ;) But yeah, I'd have plenty of games. :giggle:

11 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

It says "haven't started this month". So for me, this means March. ;) But yeah, I'd have plenty of games. :giggle:

I've edited the challenges to be more clear :)

But then don't you have the same problem for 19.  Get a trophy from a game from which you’ve earned your first trophy over a year ago?

• Like 1