Trophies for Trophy Hunting competition (April 1st - April 30th)

49 minutes ago, CSmit180 said:

I've edited the challenges to be more clear :)

But then don't you have the same problem for 19.  Get a trophy from a game from which you’ve earned your first trophy over a year ago?

Thanks! ? Nope, getting a trophy for a game I started over a year ago isn't an issue. I have 3 incompleted games, but they're all A rank and >20%. Thus, they don't fit for 27. and 28.

Anyway, please sign me up. I'm UTC+1.

3 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

I don't have anything like badges yet.

What I meant is that you don't have to complete all 40 to keep scoring points.

You get a point for every challenge you complete. After you've completed at least 35 of the 40 challenges you can start your round 2. Meaning you can go for the same challenges to score more points.

So if there are challenges that you don't have the right trophies for you can skip 5 challenges and go for round 2 to keep scoring points :)

I mean, most of the events award some sort of badge/trophy that shows that you completed the event, and you can showcase it in the forum profile (in a similar way you can show your trophy cards).

I wanted to know if the "reward" comes from 5 or 35 trophies, since I'm tight on cash rn and having PS3 only restrains my possible options. I could possibly do 5 challenges or more, but 35 is sadly out of my reach.

Sign me up.  I'm in US Central time, not sure what that is in relation to UTC though.

Also will go ahead and declare that I'll use either Tokyo Xanadu eX+ or Fernz Gate for challenges 27 and 28.  Doubt I'm getting either to over 20% completion before this starts, but since I'm actively playing both I'll probably get those two challenges pretty quick.

I still miss the timezones from @cjshaitan @MarcooW96 & @willythom88

6 hours ago, Varhur said:

I wanted to know if the "reward" comes from 5 or 35 trophies, since I'm tight on cash rn and having PS3 only restrains my possible options. I could possibly do 5 challenges or more, but 35 is sadly out of my reach.

@Varhur For now I don't have a reward or badge to gain from this competition. Only bragging rights and another fun way to improve your stats and profile
I will however remember this feature, I may add it to this competition in the future.

This sounds very fun and interesting, so I'd like to join in. My time zone is UTC -4 (USA EST). 

@CSmit180 It looks like we are reporting our scores in 5 point chunks, so question is if we have more than 5 points earned at the time of an update post can they be added too or do we wait till we hit a multiple of five? 

18 minutes ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

This sounds very fun and interesting, so I'd like to join in. My time zone is UTC -4 (USA EST). 

@CSmit180 It looks like we are reporting our scores in 5 point chunks, so question is if we have more than 5 points earned at the time of an update post can they be added too or do we wait till we hit a multiple of five? 

Welcome!
You can post more than 5 challenges in one update (7, 8 or 32 are also fine, it doesn't have to be a multiple of five)
Main reason for the minimum of 5 is so the thread doesn't flood and I don't go dizzy ?

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

I still miss the timezones from @cjshaitan @MarcooW96 & @willythom88

@Varhur For now I don't have a reward or badge to gain from this competition. Only bragging rights and another fun way to improve your stats and profile
I will however remember this feature, I may add it to this competition in the future.

BST (UK)

Well, since The Things I Hate event is ending and I didn't do very well in it, this challenge might be more of my speed since it focuses on the trophies and 100%ing games. Sure, sign me up - I don't think I can win but it will give me motivation to get some games onto my card even though I am afraid I won't platinum them. :)

Maybe have a cool title for this challenge, like the Monthly Madness challenge. How about "Trophy Showers" since it's set in April.

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1

I have a question or two. 

The challenges that require to have the letters of a word, requires the letters to appear in that order or can be any random order? Example for APRIL: "BAGPIPE OBLITERATION ULTIMATE!" or is "Pimp Le cAr great ReapIng 5000" good enough? 

Also, from what I understand we can use several trophies from the same game for various challenges, but we can only use each trophy once, except for the 2 multi-trophy challenges, that count everything, right? 

I'm not sure if I will have much time for this, nor feel like getting to much side tracked for an event, but I like the idea, so I'm in to see how far I can get, and my aim will be simple to complete every challenge once. 

Timezone GMT+0. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

This sounds like a challenge I am up for. Only downside is where I am moving to has very limited internet access therefore, I have to ignore all 5 PSNP challenges. That leaves me with the other 35. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though because I am (almost) certain I have a game for each and every category mentioned besides the above mentioned PSNP games. I accept the challenge!?

Edit: One question, though. Regarding challenge 34 (Get a trophy in your favorite genre) and 40 (Get a trophy in a game from the genre you got your first platinum in,) if the genre is the same for BOTH, does one trophy go towards both challanges or does it have to be two seperate ones for each category?

GMT -4 (Eastern Standard Time U.S.)

Edited by xthedestroyer666
Inserted time zone into reply.

On 29-3-2019 at 8:11 AM, SuperSmash5U said:

Well, since The Things I Hate event is ending and I didn't do very well in it, this challenge might be more of my speed since it focuses on the trophies and 100%ing games. Sure, sign me up - I don't think I can win but it will give me motivation to get some games onto my card even though I am afraid I won't platinum them. :)

Maybe have a cool title for this challenge, like the Monthly Madness challenge. How about "Trophy Showers" since it's set in April.

You're signed up, I just need to know your timezone :)
I don't know what the link is between Trophy Showers and April, can you explain that maybe?

11 hours ago, mobpsy101-0 said:

Could i sign up for this? 

Of Course! Just need to know your timezone :) 

5 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I have a question or two. 

The challenges that require to have the letters of a word, requires the letters to appear in that order or can be any random order? Example for APRIL: "BAGPIPE OBLITERATION ULTIMATE!" or is "Pimp Le cAr great ReapIng 5000" good enough? 

Also, from what I understand we can use several trophies from the same game for various challenges, but we can only use each trophy once, except for the 2 multi-trophy challenges, that count everything, right? 

I'm not sure if I will have much time for this, nor feel like getting to much side tracked for an event, but I like the idea, so I'm in to see how far I can get, and my aim will be simple to complete every challenge once. 

Timezone GMT+0. 

The order of the letters don't matter so both of those are fine. Just keep in mind that the example you gave is not an actual challenge.

Another thing: For the challenges with the letters of BUNNY, GREEN and TAURUS. The double letters also need to be in the trophy name twice.
So a trophy named Bounty will not suffice for BUNNY, but a trophy named Bounty Hunter will.

Second question:
Yes you can use multiple trophies from the same game. Yes you can only use each trophy once, except for the 3 multi-trophy challenges (5 trophies in one hour, bronze, silver and gold from the same game and get a trophy every day for 7 days in a row)
But do keep in mind that at least one of the trophies for a multi-trophy challenge, may not have been used

3 hours ago, xthedestroyer666 said:

This sounds like a challenge I am up for. Only downside is where I am moving to has very limited internet access therefore, I have to ignore all 5 PSNP challenges. That leaves me with the other 35. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though because I am (almost) certain I have a game for each and every category mentioned besides the above mentioned PSNP games. I accept the challenge!1f601.png

Edit: One question, though. Regarding challenge 34 (Get a trophy in your favorite genre) and 40 (Get a trophy in a game from the genre you got your first platinum in,) if the genre is the same for BOTH, does one trophy go towards both challanges or does it have to be two seperate ones for each category?

GMT -4 (Eastern Standard Time U.S.)

You have to get two separate trophies for those challenges, since you can only use each trophy to complete one challenge at a time. In your example you can however get 2 trophies from the same game.

4 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

The order of the letters don't matter so both of those are fine. Just keep in mind that the example you gave is not an actual challenge.

Another thing: For the challenges with the letters of BUNNY, GREEN and TAURUS. The double letters also need to be in the trophy name twice.
So a trophy named Bounty will not suffice for BUNNY, but a trophy named Bounty Hunter will.

Second question:
Yes you can use multiple trophies from the same game. Yes you can only use each trophy once, except for the 3 multi-trophy challenges (5 trophies in one hour, bronze, silver and gold from the same game and get a trophy every day for 7 days in a row)
But do keep in mind that at least one of the trophies for a multi-trophy challenge, may not have been used

Ok, that's good to know (I should have been sleeping when I posted this, I started looking for FOOLS, but was getting sleepy and thought APRIL was also one ?, but was good enough for the example). 

I will mix it up with another event that I'm in, and getting a trophy in a game started before April with under 20% will be easy because of Dark Cloud or King of fighters 13, but my main issue will likely be finding something for some words (I found a few, but may require a bit of work..) as well as the trophy from a game started over an year ago (well, there are a few easy ones in my backlog for sure, just need to look on the easiest one ?). 

Edit: also, if you want me to define the "favorite game type", that's (J) RPG. 

And can you post an example of a game with the "Comedy" tag? I don't remember ever seeing it.. 

Edit (again).. Ignore my "Comedy" question.. Seems like Sam & Max, several Neptunia, Persona 4 Golden, Sly trilogy, Littlebigplanet Vita and Disgaea series have that tag, so, I have alot to choose from.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1