Trophies for Trophy Hunting competition (April 1st - April 30th)

19 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

That's actually the one I was debating on doing.  Don't own the game but it's not too pricey and POWGI games tend to be pretty short and fun.  I also saw someone cleared a few challenges with Word Sudoku by POWGI and I still have the PS4 version of that to complete.

Also wouldn't object to a few easy plats since I'm coming up on my 75th plat and I want to make that Trails of Cold Steel 4 to continue my weird pattern of every other plat milestone being Japanese and not only am I close to that plat, but the plat would fit for a challenge too and I'm so close on it (the one for containing the word hero since the plat is called "The Legend of Heroes").

Actually another one that is a problem for me is the one for a game beginning with L.  All of those games I own, I've already finished.  The only one I'm interested in is London Detective Mysteria, which is still a bit pricey.  I could grab Letter Quest Remastered and also snag the PS Plus challenge, but I've also 100%ed that game twice on Steam.  The one for a game tagged as Comedy also is likely to be a problem since all those I owned I have completed and I am shocked that the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy is not tagged as comedy.

Perhaps one of the LEGO games?

I've completed my first 5 challenges of round 2. 

Completed: Challenge 30: Get a trophy from a playstation plus game: Tell Me a Story – YAKUZA KIWAMI

Completed: Challenge 18: Get a trophy from a game that you started in April 2019: Majima On the Beat – YAKUZA KIWAMI

Completed: Challenge 38: Get a PSNP very rare or ultra rare trophy: Gauntlet runner – WWE 2K18

Completed: Challenge 39: Get a trophy from a game released in 2018: The Heir of Memories – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Completed: Challenge 24: Get a trophy which has the word 'hero' in the trophy name (may also be part of a longer word: Hero of the Story – YAKUZA KIWAMI

I might complete some more round 2 challenges today and tommorrow when i can go use my PSNow again I'll try to get teh remaining Round 1 challenges/

@CSmit180 - I am going to keep it on super as I have at least two or three more trophies besides the one I am claiming in this post that I can get for J O K E (Chocobo Jockey, Jack of all Trades, Conjurer of Cheap Tricks etc) but that is one of the only ones, if not the only one I have for Super in my backlog. Also, could I use the PS3 version of the game to get that challenge in round two (once I pop it of course), despite it having the same name?

2. Trophy from a game that starts with 'P': Death of a Sales Rat (Puppeteer)

13. Trophy which has the word "king" in the name: Rebound King (Nihilumbra)

15. Trophy with the letters J O K E: Long Snake's Journey into Plight (Puppeteer)

32. Trophy from a game that doesn't have a guide on PSNP: You are born (Nihilumbra)

That should put me at 35 which would allow me to start Round 2.

For Challenge 32 in Round 2 I'd like to use either Nihilumbra, Closure or Adam's Venture: Origins.

For Challenge 27 (started before April & under 20%) either Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins (VITA)Final Fantasy XVSpyro the Dragon or Lara Croft Go.

For Challenge 28 (started before April & E or D ranking) either Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins (VITA), Final Fantasy XVSpyro the DragonLara Croft GoTwin Robots (VITA)Closure or Adam's Venture: Origins.

Sorry for the long list of approvals. I just know I am going to be playing all of these to get other trophies in round two and they also fit the criteria for those challenges as well.

Man, you guys are fast.

Just to add on, there are "joke" trophies in Day of the Tentacle, Batman: Arkham Origins, Lego Batman 3 (Vita), Devil May Cry 2, Rayman Legends, The Hungry Horde, and That's You. Haven't found any scrambled options yet. Oddly, there apparently aren't any in the other four Batman games I own...

All from Final Fantasy Type-0 HD:

Spoiler

8.   Get a trophy that has the word 'east' or 'easter' in the trophy name (may also be a part of a longer word)

The Beastmaster

9.   Get a trophy that has the word 'egg(s)' in the trophy name (ex will count as well, may also be a part of a longer word)
 Expanding the Theater

11.  Get a trophy which has all the letters S P R I N G in the trophy name
Imperial Investigation

19.  Get a trophy from a game from which you’ve earned your first trophy over a year ago
The Great Liberator

21.  Get a trophy which has all the letters A R I E S in the trophy name
Practice Pays Off

25.  Get a trophy from a game that is labelled with the theme: 'action' on PSNP
Mortal Validation

29.  Get a trophy that is awarded for finishing a game (finishing the story line/campaign)
What Lies Beyond

31.  Get a bronze, silver and gold trophy from the same game
:silver: The Chocobo Whisperer  (:gold: What Lies Beyond, :bronze: many)

33.  Get a trophy from a game that is part of a series that has at least 4 different games
A Frantic Flight

34.  Get a trophy from a game in your favorite genre (RPG)
The Hunted Becomes the Hunter

36.  Get 4 PSNP uncommon trophies
Secret of Souls

37.  Get 2 PSNP rare trophies
Agito Achieved, Master Marksman

40.  Get a trophy from a game that has the same genre as the game from which you’ve earned your first platinum (RPG, Strategy, Hack and slash/Beat 'em up, Adventure)
Hard Work's Reward

20 trophies earned, 5-day streak...

Is leaving a PS3 trophy list unsynced until you okay it for 27/28 fine? I seem to have a hard time picking one.

Edited by SyIaris

The challenges for April 1st - April 30th:

1.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'A': ANTHEM › SEAL SAVANT

2.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'P'

3.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'R'

4.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'I'

5.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'L'

6.     Get a trophy every day for 7 days in a row

7.     Get 5 trophies within one hour

8.     Get a trophy that has the word 'east' or 'easter' in the trophy name (may also be a part of a longer word)

9.     Get a trophy that has the word 'egg(s)' in the trophy name (Axe and ex will count as well) (may also be a part of a longer word)

10.  Get a trophy which has all the letters B U N N Y in the trophy name

11.  Get a trophy which has all the letters S P R I N G in the trophy name

12.  Get a trophy which has all the letters G R E E N in the trophy name

13.  Get a trophy which has the word 'king' in the trophy name (may also be part of a longer word)

14.  Get a trophy from a game which was originally released in april (year doesn't matter) (it also counts if another version of the game or remaster was released in april)

15.  Get a trophy which has all the letters J O K E in the trophy name

16.  Get a trophy which has all the letters F O O L S in the trophy name

17.  Get a trophy from a game that is labelled with the theme: 'comedy' on PSNP

18.  Get a trophy from a game that you started in April 2019: CODE: REALIZE - FUTURE BLESSINGS › LUPIN'S GANG!

19.  Get a trophy from a game from which you’ve earned your first trophy over a year ago

20.  Get 60 trophies within one month

21.  Get a trophy which has all the letters A R I E S in the trophy name

22.  Get a trophy which has all the letters T A U R U S in the trophy name

23.  Get a trophy which has the word 'super' in the trophy name (may also be part of a longer word)

24.  Get a trophy which has the word 'hero' in the trophy name (may also be part of a longer word)

25.  Get a trophy from a game that is labelled with the theme: 'action' on PSNP: ANTHEM › EPIC TALENT

26.  Get a trophy that has the word ‘days’ or the word ‘gone’ in the trophy name (the words day or daily will also count) (may also be part of a longer word)

27.  Get a trophy from a game that you started before April 2019 but is still under 20% completion

28.  Get a trophy from a game that you started before April 2019 but is still E or D rank: SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW FRAGMENT › DEFEAT THE CRYSTALIZE CLAW

29.  Get a trophy that is awarded for finishing a game (finishing the story line/campaign)

30.  Get a trophy from a playstation plus game

31.  Get a bronze, silver and gold trophy from the same game

32.  Get a trophy from a game that doesn’t have a trophy guide on PSNP: ANTHEM › A ROYAL FAVOR

33.  Get a trophy from a game that is part of a series that has at least 4 different games

34.  Get a trophy from a game in your favorite genre (You name your favorite genre this month, and that genre can't be changed as your favorite genre for the rest of this year. This challenge will be a recurring one)

35.  Get a trophy from a game that has no platinum trophy

36.  Get 4 PSNP uncommon trophies

37.  Get 2 PSNP rare trophies

38.  Get a PSNP very rare or ultra rare trophy

39.  Get a trophy from a game released in 2018

40.  Get a trophy from a game that has the same genre as the game from which you’ve earned your first platinum (If you don’t have any platinum trophies: the first game you’ve finished the story line/campaign from)

15 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

For Challenge 32 in Round 2 I'd like to use either Nihilumbra, Closure or Adam's Venture: Origins.

For Challenge 27 (started before April & under 20%) either Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins (VITA)Final Fantasy XVSpyro the Dragon or Lara Croft Go.

For Challenge 28 (started before April & E or D ranking) either Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins (VITA), Final Fantasy XVSpyro the DragonLara Croft GoTwin Robots (VITA)Closure or Adam's Venture: Origins.

all games for 27 and 28 are good. You don't to declare for the game without a guide. A guide always says the date when it's published. If you get the trophy for the date of publishing the challenge is completed.

13 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I'll put up a new update even though it happened between two challenges:

36.  Get 4 PSNP uncommon trophies
 Dragon Sinker / Strongest in the Land, Job Master, Strongest Beyond, Descendant of Descendants

Please only update when you have 5 new challenges complete. I'm nearly losing track as it is already haha

7 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Is leaving a PS3 trophy list unsynced until you okay it for 27/28 fine? I seem to have a hard time picking one.

If you get a trophy and after it's still under 20% / E D Rank, that's okay.

The main reason i want this declared is because after achieving the trophy, the percentage or rank may change so that it doesn't seem to fit the challenge.

You can also provide screenshots of the before situation, rather than leaving your list unsynced. (I'm guessing the timestamp of the trophy will have a date and time from before you declare)

• Like 1

5. Trophy from game from letter L - Our Long Forgotten Gold - Lego The Hobbit

7. Get 5 trophies within a hour - To Be Continued - Lego The Hobbit

12. Trophy with letters G R E E N - Quite a merry gathering - Lego The Hobbit

14. Trophy from game released in April - Lord of the Prance - Lego The Hobbit

21. Trophy with letters A R I E S - Unequalled skill of the Dwarves - Lego The Hobbit

31. Bronze, silver and gold from the same game - Wealth lies in the earth - Lego The Hobbit

32. Trophy from game without a guide on this site - The Unassessably Wealthy - Lego The Hobbit

33. Trophy from a game from series at least 4 games long - That's why we need a burglar! - Lego The Hobbit (LEGO series)

34. Trophy from a game with your fav genre (mine is adventure) - Doilies and your mother's dishes - Lego The Hobbit

36. Four uncommon PSNP trophies - The greed of Dwarves - Lego The Hobbit

I don't think i can get more, especially that my Lego Hobbit save glitched and i have the whole game to replay, but that's what i have.

Question regarding how Round 2 works: If I earned a trophy before I declared I was starting round 2 can I use it in the round 2 challenge list. For example: My brother is an Italian plumber would fit Challenge 10 for round 2 but I earned it before I stated that I was starting round 2 (earned 4/3/2019 at 10:43pm & I started round 2 on 4/5/19 at 3:54pm)

Asking this now as it will impact how I choose to slot my next bit of trophies into their respective challenges.

1 hour ago, AmarisSkye said:

Question regarding how Round 2 works: If I earned a trophy before I declared I was starting round 2 can I use it in the round 2 challenge list. For example: My brother is an Italian plumber would fit Challenge 10 for round 2 but I earned it before I stated that I was starting round 2 (earned 4/3/2019 at 10:43pm & I started round 2 on 4/5/19 at 3:54pm)

Asking this now as it will impact how I choose to slot my next bit of trophies into their respective challenges.

As long as trophies are earned in April and are not yet before used to complete a challenge, yes.

It does not matter if you've earned a trophy before finishing the 35 challenges in the round before

5 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

If you get a trophy and after it's still under 20% / E D Rank, that's okay.

The main reason i want this declared is because after achieving the trophy, the percentage or rank may change so that it doesn't seem to fit the challenge.

You can also provide screenshots of the before situation, rather than leaving your list unsynced. (I'm guessing the timestamp of the trophy will have a date and time from before you declare)

Thanks for clearing it up! Screenshots may be the way to go, if it seems close to going over the limit.

A fair number of my games that qualify are from last year or older; didn't want to bug you to confirm things and then find out I couldn't progress and have to pick something else. You seem busy enough as it is.

Yeah, the timestamp would have likely wound up 20 minutes or so earlier than when I posted about it.

I just have one more trophy to go tomorrow for Challenge 6. Don't know if I will have any more trophy challenges earned. The one trophy I had in mind for Challenge 15 has to go through several boss trophies to get to it. I still can't figure out a good game with a trophy that has "east" or "easter" in the name - I may have to do another platinumless trophy, Song of the Deep, for that one. There are some games that have Treasure Hunter for the name for "TAURUS" but many of them are games I don't like (and I want to avoid buying too many games this month as I am saving $30 for the Dreams Early Access and I am already at a $149 dollar budget) and the only games with the right trophies have those trophies for 100% completion which is a long ways away. :(

Cannot find any games I like which have two rare PSNP trophies that I can earn back to back, and the very rare / ultra rare PSNP trophies are usually those you get near the platinum so I'd have to spend 2 weeks on a game to get it. The only trophy I could get now is the one challenge for a trophy from a game you earned a trophy in a year ago, the mod said I could save it for the 12th of these events a year later but he said he would let me use a game I platinumed on an older account. I did some checking... and, UUUGH :shakefist:, the only game I have for April 6, 2018 that I got trophies on was LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, which I deleted; I did have it but I deleted the account that had it, so I'll have to buy the Legacy Collection again, and I am not looking forward to platting that LEGO game as there are 24 story levels, the most any LEGO game has had, due to that it is split amongst the first four Harry Potter novels. Also, the game still has glitches that may force you to replay the game, even in the PS4 legacy collection. I could do it, but it'll be torture. ?:spank:

Sorry for being a wet blanket. I love this challenge, it forces you to search games you wouldn't have liked, but sometimes it is so frustrating when you find out you have nowhere to turn despite your hardest efforts. If anyone wants to suggest something that is cheap on PSN, I'll check it out, but I am a finicky kitty when it comes to games, but I will look it over. I only have seven challenges left(six come tomorrow) so any advice would be helpful. ;)

Edited by SuperSmash5U

I have completed 9 more challenges; 4 in round one and 5 in round two. The final challenge for round 1 will be completed tomorrow.

Round 1

Completed: Challenge 23: Get a trophy which has the word 'super' in the trophy name (may also be part of a longer word): Super Secret Stash – Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Completed: Challenge 22: Get a trophy which has all the letters T A U R U S in the trophy name: Took a casual look around- Battlefield 4
Completed: Challenge 11: Get a trophy which has all the letters S P R I N G in the trophy name: The Wind of Spring – I and Me

Completed: Challenge 20: Get 60 trophies within one month:  To Kill a Blackbird – Shadow Complex Remastered

Round 2

Completed: Challenge 33: Get a trophy from a game that is part of a series that has at least 4 different games: Yui the Hostess – YAKUZA KIWAMI

Completed: Challenge 32: Get a trophy from a game that doesn’t have a trophy guide on PSNP: Can I Call You? – YAKUZA KIWAMI

Completed: Challenge 37: Get 2 PSNP rare trophies: Sexy Ron – YAKUZA KIWAMI

Completed: Challenge 25: Get a trophy from a game that is labelled with the theme: 'action' on PSNP: It was on the way... – Battlefield 4

Completed: Challenge 7: Get 5 trophies within one hour: Reunited – Shadow Complex Remastered

19 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I just have one more trophy to go tomorrow for Challenge 6. Don't know if I will have any more trophy challenges earned. The one trophy I had in mind for Challenge 15 has to go through several boss trophies to get to it. I still can't figure out a good game with a trophy that has "east" or "easter" in the name - I may have to do another platinumless trophy, Song of the Deep, for that one. There are some games that have Treasure Hunter for the name for "TAURUS" but many of them are games I don't like (and I want to avoid buying too many games this month as I am saving $30 for the Dreams Early Access and I am already at a $149 dollar budget) and the only games with the right trophies have those trophies for 100% completion which is a long ways away. :(

Cannot find any games I like which have two rare PSNP trophies that I can earn back to back, and the very rare / ultra rare PSNP trophies are usually those you get near the platinum so I'd have to spend 2 weeks on a game to get it. The only trophy I could get now is the one challenge for a trophy from a game you earned a trophy in a year ago, the mod said I could save it for the 12th of these events a year later but he said he would let me use a game I platinumed on an older account. I did some checking... and, UUUGH :shakefist:, the only game I have for April 6, 2018 that I got trophies on was LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, which I deleted; I did have it but I deleted the account that had it, so I'll have to buy the Legacy Collection again, and I am not looking forward to platting that LEGO game as there are 24 story levels, the most any LEGO game has had, due to that it is split amongst the first four Harry Potter novels. Also, the game still has glitches that may force you to replay the game, even in the PS4 legacy collection. I could do it, but it'll be torture. 1f639.png:spank:

Sorry for being a wet blanket. I love this challenge, it forces you to search games you wouldn't have liked, but sometimes it is so frustrating when you find out you have nowhere to turn despite your hardest efforts. If anyone wants to suggest something that is cheap on PSN, I'll check it out, but I am a finicky kitty when it comes to games, but I will look it over. I only have seven challenges left(six come tomorrow) so any advice would be helpful. ;)

As for TAURUS, you don't like KH? or no longer have KH2.8 Prologue? I say this because ok KH BBS 0.2 Prologue and the "Trophy Hunter" trophy, I had actually planned to use it originally, but limited access to the PS4 is making me rethink my idea (plus I got it already from KoF13). From what I understand it's a really short game and the trophy doesn't even require to do everything.

As for the others, I can't really help much.. I was thinking of Skulls of the Shogun (really hard 100%, tons of VR/UR trophies, easy UR from online "boost"), Vessel (a lot of UR, easy with a guide), The Bridge (same as Vessel), all previously on PS+ IGC. There's also Skull Girls (the non-plat one), not sure how expensive it is.

Said that, I can see you not interested in any of those, since I'm myself postponing most of those...

12 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Cannot find any games I like which have two rare PSNP trophies that I can earn back to back, and the very rare / ultra rare PSNP trophies are usually those you get near the platinum so I'd have to spend 2 weeks on a game to get it. The only trophy I could get now is the one challenge for a trophy from a game you earned a trophy in a year ago, the mod said I could save it for the 12th of these events a year later but he said he would let me use a game I platinumed on an older account. I did some checking... and, UUUGH :shakefist:, the only game I have for April 6, 2018 that I got trophies on was LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4, which I deleted; I did have it but I deleted the account that had it, so I'll have to buy the Legacy Collection again, and I am not looking forward to platting that LEGO game as there are 24 story levels, the most any LEGO game has had, due to that it is split amongst the first four Harry Potter novels. Also, the game still has glitches that may force you to replay the game, even in the PS4 legacy collection. I could do it, but it'll be torture. 1f639.png:spank:

You have Ratchet & Clank, that opens up "Who's a Good Snagglebeast?" from one of the bosses.

Otherwise, from games I've played: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Dragon Quest XI, Burly Men at Sea, Syberia 1, Syberia 2, Broken Sword 5, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, Trine 2 (PS3), Sportsfriends, Tales of Monkey Island 3, Tales of Monkey Island 4...

Don't think it has to be exactly a year ago, or trophies earned back-to-back? Mine certainly weren't.

Some games have side objectives or DLC with very rare trophies. No idea what you have, so I can't really give you a specific example...

Five more challenges done!

9. Get a trophy that has the word 'egg(s)' in the trophy name (Axe and ex will count as well) (may also be a part of a longer word) – Mahjong World Contest – Expert Diploma

12. Get a trophy which has all the letters G R E E N in the trophy name – Fernz Gate – Beginning of a New Chapter

15. Get a trophy which has all the letters J O K E in the trophy name – Mixups By POWGI – This is an Inn Joke

16. Get a trophy which has all the letters F O O L S in the trophy name – Fernz Gate – Combo Professional

20. Get 60 trophies within one month – Mixups By POWGI – Mixed Feelings

5.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the 'L'

Shakespeare in the Park - LEGO Marvel Avengers

10.  Get a trophy which has all the letters B U N N Y in the trophy name

Money to Burn - Guacamelee STCE

15.  Get a trophy which has all the letters J O K E in the trophy name
Jack of All Trades - The Crew 2

17.  Get a trophy from a game that is labelled with the theme: 'comedy' on PSNP
Cock of the Walk - Guacamelee STCE

30.  Get a trophy from a playstation plus game

Walk of Fame - Letter Quest Remastered

35.  Get a trophy from a game that has no platinum trophy
Born to Spell - Letter Quest Remastered

I need to get to bed, but I have one trophy challenge down:

6. Get a trophy every day of the week:

Monday: LEGO Dimensions / Dimensional Explorer
 Tuesday: Doodle God / Creator of Technology
 Wednesday: Bonds of the Skies / Transformation
 Thursday: Dragon Sinker / Capricious
 Friday: Dragon Sinker / Divine Temple
 Saturday: Talented Completionist / Pic-A-Pix Classic
 Sunday: Dreaming to be a Hero / Bonds of the Skies

I plan to get Challenge 37 down in Dream Drop Distance HD. There are trophies for clearing all of the secret portals on a world and each is rare so I plan on doing two of those trophies for this challenge tomorrow.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

I'm back with another fast platinum.?

#9 : Conan Exiles - By this Axe I Rule!

#13 : Conan Exiles - It is the King,or his ghost!;

#16 : Conan Exiles - To crush all trophies beneath sandaled feet

#18: Conan Exiles - The Devil in Iron;

#21: Conan Exiles - The Haunter of the Pits;

#22 : Conan Exiles - What do I know of Cultured Ways?;

#30: Conan Exiles - Gods of the North;

#31 : Asura's Wrath - Who Needs Health?;

#37 : Asura's Wrath - The Whole Nine;

#38 : Asura's Wrath - Shinkokou Soldier;