PS4 Pro Loud Buzzing From Power Connection

Mayadome

I was using my PS4 Pro tonight and I usually wear headphones but took them off for a moment and heard my PS4 Pro was making a very loud buzzing noise. It wasn't the usual coil whine/buzz you hear so many people report with the Pro, this is a very audible buzzing/clicking noise. You can hear it outside the room 5+ meters away. I took out the hard drive and it stopped so I thought maybe it was the hard drive clicking so I put it back in and only connected the HDMI/power cable and it was silent. I then hooked up the PS camera, USB headset dongle, USB for VR and USB hard drive and it starts buzzing loudly again. Maybe it's being overloaded due to all those devices connected? It never sounded like this before today though. I put my ear up to the console and it's coming from the bottom rear corner where the power cable connects so that makes me think it's the power supply. It doesn't buzz when in rest mode or turned off, only when turned on. Has anyone had the same issue? Is it safe to keep using? It's 100% working perfectly in games and has never turned itself off or shutdown unexpectedly. Maybe it'll go away eventually?

Edited by Mayadome

Think you could upload a video?

From what I read, it could be an issue with the power cable, one of my friends got some issues with it, and the option was to replace it, and it was the PS4 bundle one. Try using a different one.

I swapped the power cable to a different one it still made the noise. Even connected it to the wall instead of the surge protector it was connected to originally.

I left it in rest mode overnight and powered it on in the morning, then left it for 6 hours or so idle and it never made the buzzing noise. I then powered it off and on and it started buzzing again. It kinda sounds like it might be the fan but it's next to the power supply so it's hard to tell. The buzzing is also louder on the dashboard than in game. The console works flawlessly otherwise... I'm not sure what to do. Maybe it'll go away after a while.

On 31/03/2019 at 7:53 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

Try Youtube mate. There are all sorts of problems discovered and solved on there for things like this. Just put in PS4 buzzing sound and stuff like that. 

I had a look and it's not the sound coming from mine. It doesn't sound like coil whine or the fan ramping up like many PS4 Pro users report also it didn't sound like this last week until it started. I think it's either something in the fan or the bearings going (it's only 8 months old though) or a capacitor buzzing. I've just decided to ignore it as the system plays games fine. Sometimes it goes away then starts buzzing the next day.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mayadome said:

I had a look and it's not the sound coming from mine. It doesn't sound like coil whine or the fan ramping up like many PS4 Pro users report also it didn't sound like this last week until it started. I think it's either something in the fan or the bearings going (it's only 8 months old though) or a capacitor buzzing. I've just decided to ignore it as the system plays games fine. Sometimes it goes away then starts buzzing the next day.

If its only 8 months can you not take it back? Just backup your saves and get it swapped over. Best to do it whilst its in warranty than it crap out when its over and you may not have the funds.