Toy seller collectibles locations

Taliesin_2943

Fish - on Volga, inside the terminal where you go to get the railcar, in the room where you can lure and kill the Tsar fish, if you turn left after walking in there's a boat with a fish inside of it, hanging down on the right side of the boat is the fish.

Sun - on Caspian, when you go to meet Damir for the water truck mission, at the very start when you get out of your vehicle, head in to the valley area and take the very first left that you can and go down the small drop, directly infront of you is a pole, attatched to the pole is the sun.

Bear - on the Taiga, after you get to the swampy area and turn on the power, use the lift to meet the Admiral and directly behind him is a big map, hanging down infront of it will be the bear.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Here try this set of locations they apparently appear in multiple locations also make sure your on the latest patch. https://www.trueachievements.com/a270711/toy-seller-achievement

I have, NoHeroes94 is me, I think the collectible has glitched on me...

Be careful with this. Probably added 15 hours onto my time now. Went to the location this guide originally stated, and the Sun collectible was there. I died as I was collecting it due to a glitch despawning all my weapons, and my tracker didn't go up. Since been to both the oasis, ship and lighthouse spawn points listed in the above link on restart, and the sun collectible has not been at either, just hooks. If this has glitched, that is two new playthroughs as collectibles are permanent and I'll have to wipe my save, THEN get NG+.

Edited by phantomfear9494

38 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

I have, NoHeroes94 is me, I think the collectible has glitched on me...

Be careful with this. Probably added 15 hours onto my time now. Went to the location this guide originally stated, and the Sun collectible was there. I died as I was collecting it due to a glitch despawning all my weapons, and my tracker didn't go up. Since been to both the oasis, ship and lighthouse spawn points listed in the above link on restart, and the sun collectible has not been at either, just hooks. If this has glitched, that is two new playthroughs as collectibles are permanent and I'll have to wipe my save, THEN get NG+.

Are you going to finish and see if maybe it's just the counter that's off? I'm curious to know

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Are you going to finish and see if maybe it's just the counter that's off? I'm curious to know

May as well, doing Iron Mode anyway so if I do have to do those runs it'll be super quick and I can die as much as I like on Reader both times.  Annoying they are only on NG+, otherwise I wouldn't be as annoyed. 

26 minutes ago, phantomfear9494 said:

May as well, doing Iron Mode anyway so if I do have to do those runs it'll be super quick and I can die as much as I like on Reader both times.  Annoying they are only on NG+, otherwise I wouldn't be as annoyed. 

My biggest issue is how buggy it feels after this patch I played and plat it without any patches and now it's like enemies see and hear me through walls and a mile off my weapons vanish on me or never show up I randomly die for no reason in places without anything that can kill me and twice I've had a game crash

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

My biggest issue is how buggy it feels after this patch I played and plat it without any patches and now it's like enemies see and hear me through walls and a mile off my weapons vanish on me or never show up I randomly die for no reason in places without anything that can kill me and twice I've had a game crash

Its my GOTY but this patch has been terrible.

I've decided to restart; only took me around 3 hours to get to Caspian on Easy Iron Mode, ignoring one stupid death in Volga, I know to avoid it now.  A friend confirmed that your tracker should go up and if it doesn't it won't pop (playing on Xbox). 

NG+ is available without finishing the current NG+ (if that makes sense), and it says "all progress will be lost". Going to get to Volga (40  mins) and see if the collectibles respawn, if so, it'll be fine and only be the one play through, if not I may as well go ahead and wipe and do the OG and NG+ playthrough again. 

Right, finally done it. After some playtesting, there are several locations for each collectible. and I am pretty sure that the first location you go to will have the collectible. I think the idea isn't that its random, but that you have multiple options to find it if you pass a collectible spot. This was the case for me during my documented playthrough above, where the collectible glitched for me, and during my main playthrough. In every instance (5), it was in the first spot I went to. I can also confirm these collectibles do not exist in NG, as the trophy description indicates. 

Thought I'd give a summary of all pickup locations I have found during my playthrough in the order you can find them (can add them to the guide if you want). Only in spoiler tags to conserve space, its NG+ so you should know what happens by now anyway.

VOLGA (Fish):

- Along the level's central rail track, you'll eventually have to meet Duke at his makeshift outpost (this will be an objective, right before you go to the terminal), take the incline downhill to your right after he says "Good Hunting", and you'll come to an abandoned carriage that is under the main rail track. The toy will be on a hook on the left hand side. You can go to this right at the start of the level. Just ignore Anna, go straight to the collectible. It's not cordoned off.

- After you crawl through the radiated pipe in the Terminal, you'll have to enter a side room pull a lever to finally get to the railcar as part of the story. In the same room is another hook with the fish toy, if you missed it above. It'll be on the left side of the room, next to a dead fish. Another reference point would be opposite the lever you pull.

CASPIAN (Sun):

- . Very close to the start, there is a ship with the sun collectible (https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1260697 credit to OP). Go to there, and the level below the hermit will have the collectible, next to some boxes. I'd recommend getting the vehicle first (walk to the collectible, though, or else risk the car getting stuck. It isn't far from this location). When I ignored the main objective and got the collectible, I had to restart the level. It glitched, as it didn't let me get the key for the car or get in the car, and I was already being told to go to the lighthouse.

- As part of the story, you'll come to the lighthouse. Clear the enemies, and take the makeshift boat-lift up. Once you are with Guil, go up to the second floor. On one of the blue posts (right hand side of bed as you ascend) has a hook where the sun toy would be.

- As part of the story, you'll need to meet Damir in the very top left corner of the map (Oasis). The collectible is more or less as soon as you meet him. Instead of following him right, drop down to the very first left possible. There will be a pole in the middle of the small area with the toy. Two enemies will spawn, and this is where my glitch occurred (read above comment). TAKE THESE OUT BEFORE GOING FOR THE COLLECTIBLE if you're collecting it here, or else risk the same horrible glitch I suffered.

- There is reportedly a location on the slave ship Anna points out midway through the level. However, as this is an optional encounter, and you don't have to go to the slave ship for main objective, I wouldn't bother trying to collect it here. The first location isn't locked behind progression, so you can always return there

TAIGA (Bear):

- Very close to the start of the level. After picking up the crossbow, run forward for a minute you'll come to an area with a statue and an abandoned schoolhouse. This is right before the pirates drop down on the bridge (literally the house to the right before the bridge). Go in, take a right, and its in the back left of this room as you enter.

- As part of the story, you'll get to an irradiated lumber mill where the Admiral is (towards the end of the level). Behind him is a hook with the collectible, next to a map.

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 4

On 4/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, phantomfear9494 said:

Right, finally done it. After some playtesting, there are several locations for each collectible. and I am pretty sure that the first location you go to will have the collectible. I think the idea isn't that its random, but that you have multiple options to find it if you pass a collectible spot. This was the case for me during my documented playthrough above, where the collectible glitched for me, and during my main playthrough. In every instance (5), it was in the first spot I went to. I can also confirm these collectibles do not exist in NG, as the trophy description indicates. 

Thought I'd give a summary of all pickup locations I have found during my playthrough in the order you can find them (can add them to the guide if you want). Only in spoiler tags to conserve space, its NG+ so you should know what happens by now anyway.

VOLGA (Fish):

- Along the level's central rail track, you'll eventually have to meet Duke at his makeshift outpost (this will be an objective, right before you go to the terminal), take the incline downhill to your right after he says "Good Hunting", and you'll come to an abandoned carriage that is under the main rail track. The toy will be on a hook on the left hand side. You can go to this right at the start of the level. Just ignore Anna, go straight to the collectible. It's not cordoned off.

- After you crawl through the radiated pipe in the Terminal, you'll have to enter a side room pull a lever to finally get to the railcar as part of the story. In the same room is another hook with the fish toy, if you missed it above. It'll be on the left side of the room, next to a dead fish. Another reference point would be opposite the lever you pull.

CASPIAN (Sun):

- . Very close to the start, there is a ship with the sun collectible (https://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=1260697 credit to OP). Go to there, and the level below the hermit will have the collectible, next to some boxes. I'd recommend getting the vehicle first (walk to the collectible, though, or else risk the car getting stuck. It isn't far from this location). When I ignored the main objective and got the collectible, I had to restart the level. It glitched, as it didn't let me get the key for the car or get in the car, and I was already being told to go to the lighthouse.

- As part of the story, you'll come to the lighthouse. Clear the enemies, and take the makeshift boat-lift up. Once you are with Guil, go up to the second floor. On one of the blue posts (right hand side of bed as you ascend) has a hook where the sun toy would be.

- As part of the story, you'll need to meet Damir in the very top left corner of the map (Oasis). The collectible is more or less as soon as you meet him. Instead of following him right, drop down to the very first left possible. There will be a pole in the middle of the small area with the toy. Two enemies will spawn, and this is where my glitch occurred (read above comment). TAKE THESE OUT BEFORE GOING FOR THE COLLECTIBLE if you're collecting it here, or else risk the same horrible glitch I suffered.

- There is reportedly a location on the slave ship Anna points out midway through the level. However, as this is an optional encounter, and you don't have to go to the slave ship for main objective, I wouldn't bother trying to collect it here. The first location isn't locked behind progression, so you can always return there

TAIGA (Bear):

- Very close to the start of the level. After picking up the crossbow, run forward for a minute you'll come to an area with a statue and an abandoned schoolhouse. This is right before the pirates drop down on the bridge (literally the house to the right before the bridge). Go in, take a right, and its in the back left of this room as you enter.

- As part of the story, you'll get to an irradiated lumber mill where the Admiral is (towards the end of the level). Behind him is a hook with the collectible, next to a map.

You're doing the lords work Phantom, cheers for this.