Tips and Tricks for Beat Saber Expert SS Rank

TheDblTap

Got this trophy a few days ago and I hope this information will help a little.

Song: Elixia

Longest Combo: 251

Notes Missed: 3

Score: N/A (Don't have the game.  I play it when I go over to my sister's place)

Playstyle:  Dance like a fool

Note -  This song is one of the easier songs to play on expert, in my opinion.  My run was very messy and the three notes I missed were due to my left saber losing tracking.  I think that it is easier to get an SS score in this song due to how many up/down notes there are.  I don't remember there being any points where the hands cross, but if there is there are very few places that it happens.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got SS rank on Legend, it took me only like 6 tries. What really helped was practice mode. Start with 50% speed and try to get a SS rank. That should be doable on your first if not second try. Build your skills up by adding 10% speed each time. This helps you with getting to know all the cuts that you need to make, and you're able to find out which parts need more practice. this helped me big time in getting SS as fast as I did. 

• 2 months later...

OMG!! I finally did it! Been playing this off and on for more than a year. I ended up doing it on Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. To help others, with some song choices, I've come very close on every Panic at the Disco song particularly Emperor's New Clothes. Bad Liar, Believer, and Thunder from Imagine Dragons Pop Stars by KDA, Legend, and Elixia.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

OMG!! I finally did it! Been playing this off and on for more than a year. I ended up doing it on Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. To help others, with some song choices, I've come very close on every Panic at the Disco song particularly Emperor's New Clothes. Bad Liar, Believer, and Thunder from Imagine Dragons Pop Stars by KDA, Legend, and Elixia.

Congratulations!

I remember it feeling incredible when I finally pulled it off!

I wish there was such a wide range of song choices back when I was doing it, though, I got real sick of hearing "Legend".

10 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

Congratulations!

I remember it feeling incredible when I finally pulled it off!

I wish there was such a wide range of song choices back when I was doing it, though, I got real sick of hearing "Legend".

Haha yeah. I played a lot of Legend too, since it was supposed to be the easy one to get it on. Got within a percentage or two on it several times. I have the full combo on it so it's at least helping with the No Mistakes trophy I have left to finish off.

**Edit**

Which is now done. Yeeaaah. I am proud. I had to work hard to skill up on this game. I gave up twice before thinking I reached my cap. 

PS-Messages-20200815-003812.jpg

Edited by spacey_dweeb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I am in 240th place with "Beat Saber" song (FC, +8% speed, missing arrows)but I have still a problem completing it with SS rank :D  ...I forgot that this trophy is without modifiers so I will try to improve my swing to get SS score :D  ..I can feel that I am close. I think that rest of the trophies will be easy after this one. Can someone tell what is score limit for SS without modifiers ? I think that I had 220K but still S rank.

beat-saber.jpg

EDIT: I finally did it today :D

Edited by Budlog36
I get the trophy

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Spacey Dweeb said:

Do you remember the score for the SS rank with Boulevard? I feel this is my best shot song and I'd like an idea of a score to reach so I can see how close I am :)

I think S-rank would be very close to 655,000. You can go to player options and scroll down until you find advanced hud. Then while you play, on the left, you can see how well you are doing during the song. It will show your current rank and percentage throughout the whole song. If you know what percentage you got and what your score was, you can do the math for any song  You need 90% for SS-rank. 

• 2 months later...

thank you so much man. I was trying for this around 30 minutes and finally got it.

Here are some of my tips:

- Adjust the floor! I am over 6ft so I had to give myself scoliosis just to comfortably hit every note. You can do this in options.

- Run the VR headset wire through your clothes so it doesn't get into your way while you're swinging.

- Play the song "Beat Saber". It is only 1:50 and has few notes. Practice it.

- The advice you gave to hold the controller base in the palm of your hand worked so well. Do that, everybody!

• Like 1

Haven't played for months, decided I should give the game another go and get the platinum, took 3 days to get the swing of things, saw that I got 88.6% on beat saber on a warm up so said screw it SS time. Took maybe 20ish attempts Idk what happened today the game was just giving me 111's and I went with it. I think it was just a fluke with me. I've had the height lowered since I first started playing and today I just hit the beats differently. best advice I can give is don't worry about flawless until you get the full combos done and the S ranks ( although I did SS before S) the more practice the better you get and the better you get the easier SS will be, it's super wonky and I got luck and moved my set up into a more open area, but I believe if I could do it within 3ish days of getting back into the game without playing for a long time anybody with basic fast twitch muscle fibers can pull this bad boy off image0.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2021 at 10:42 PM, Troz said:

- Adjust the floor! I am over 6ft so I had to give myself scoliosis just to comfortably hit every note. You can do this in options.

- Run the VR headset wire through your clothes so it doesn't get into your way while you're swinging.

This was a necessity for me. The automatic height detection thing had me reaching down to hit low notes. You should adjust it until you can comfortably hit them without having to bend down. Was able to get SS rank this night after doing that.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This was actually pretty helpful. I already knew about the lowering the floor hack (I'm 190cm) but someone mentioned going a whole 30cm down which did make it a bit better. I kept trying to get SS rank on either Beat Saber or Unlimited Power and it felt like I was very close at times but they had too many crosses and diagonals. I also tried playing in one saber mode which you should NOT do for this as it absolutely wrecks your wrist and forearm.
Then I read this thread about Legend being easier and in fact, in about the second to third try I got it barely with like 90.2% accuracy. What I found hardest was actually getting the ps camera to not lose track of the PS Moves because for some reason tracking is atrocious and if the angle goes off you can't actually recenter the IMU on the controllers. That frustration aside, I managed to get it and all that's left now is 24h and 100M points. Thanks everyone and I hope my observations also come in handy.