Borderlands 3 Teaser & Full Trailer Reveal

Crispy_Oglop

28 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I honestly don't think it's Borderlands 3 but a multiplayer game, we'll soon find out either way. I'll get it whatever it is, hopefully it'll come out soon. ^_^ 

if it isn't a single player game, i'll take it they didn't make fallout 76 that type of game. i'll accept something like this if it's modeled just like that.

11 minutes ago, JJTEY14 said:

shouldn't be a battle royale. They already did that with battleborn.

Yea but that was to chase Overwatch trend not Battle Royal. Now everyone is chasing the Battle Royal formula by coping Fortnite/PUBG/Apex. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is a BR game or has a bigger focus on coop/MP. Sure coop was a big focus for 1/2/TPS but you could still very easily play it solo but i have a feeling it will push more into coop being mandatory like Divison/Anthem/Destiny and so on. Either way i expect a boat load of micros and possible lootboxes since that is all 2K wants going by how they treated Evolve/GTAV/RDR2.

Edited by EmoKitten4

Just now, OneSkillPoint said:

Due to gaming trends and 2k's overall greed, I have little faith to be honest. 

Not to mention Gearbox is just overall a pretty bad developer. They got lucky with borderlands. Even then TPS was 50/50 with the fan base. Everything else though?
Duke Nukem-Failure
Aliens: Colonial Marines-Failure
Battleborn-Failure

We Happy Few- Not really a "failure" but it had a LOT of issues across the board.
Bulletstorm-Decent/good

There is more but tbh i think i made my point with their recent track record.

1 hour ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Yea but that was to chase Overwatch trend not Battle Royal. 

Battleborn played nothing like Overwatch and actually released before Overwatch!

Now, that's not to say that it didn't cause consumer confusion with them being hero shooters, but having played both, I can tell you that Battleborn was NOT a response or to chase Overwatch.

• Like 3

Borderlands 3 definitely scares me a little bit. The way they managed to take a messed up game like Pre Sequel and make it exponentially worse doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I've put literally thousands of hours into this series and this isn't gonna be a day 1 buy. That really says something. I feel like a beaten dog that's scared to take a treat from my master lol.

12 hours ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Yea but that was to chase Overwatch trend not Battle Royal.

Battleborn was announced before Overwatch. Nevermind that they're completely different games, with Overwatch being more of an arena shooter, while Battleborn is a proper MOBA. If anything, Battleborn was trying to follow up on the popularity of TF2 and MOBAs like LoL and DotA 2. In fact, according to developers, Battleborn was played with as a concept since in the development cycle for Borderlands 2 - early playtesting of Battleborn concepts was done with character models made out of parts of BL2 models. 

looks like MAYBE more vehicle play/involvement? definitely seems to be a decent variety which is nice, so maybe theyll play a bigger role than just inside an arena or something. i always did hate their claim to having so many guns in the game, when you have one gun skin with a slight mod tweek about 1000x but i digress. hopefully much improved over the last few borderland games!