PS Plus April 2019

kingofbattle8174

it's acceptable. surge is rated as a 5/10 difficulty game which means it's something i can tackle no problem.

conan is a 1/10 with cheats. that one i could also complete.

Edited by kingdrake2

I knew nothing of these games so I had to do a little research. The Surge looks quite interesting to me so I’ll grab that but I’ll might pass on Conan. It’s just like Ark, which I bought because my brother-in-law was raving about it. After about 10-15 hours I gave up on it because it was so bad and just used the admin codes for the plat. Prolly the worst game/experience I had till this day. I don’t want to do the same with Conan.

As for PS+ as a whole, it’s on a 1 year trial period for me. I need plus right now (just renewed) but I want so see how much value I get out of it in a year now that the quality is going down pretty bad.

Just watched a video on Conan, and it looks...pretty bad.  May still be fun, though.  Seems like you can play on Easy if need be, which is nice.  The Surge on the other hand, I don't know.  Does anyone know how far into the game you have to be to complete those special armor sets for the three trophies?

46 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Well, I guess The Surge is the obligatory "here's the game, buy the DLC" selection for this month (yes, I know CoD doesn't have DLC but when there are Microtransaction options of $100, it might as well).

There actually is a map pack, as well. Activision put that on sale, trying to entice Plus members to buy it.

Not a month for me.

Surge could maybe attract my attention if I'm not really playing anything, it happens, from time to time I'll spontaneously start a game from my backlog or PS+ backlog that I wasn't massively wanting to play that much. It doesn't seem a bad game or anything, actually it seems rather good, just not something to really excite me. If I play it, it'll be a solid experience to pass the time I guess, I've just got so many other more interesting games on the horizon.

Conan however, not a chance, definitely not my kind of thing.

I would say overall I'm less excited over PS+ games and that's not because they're somehow objectively 'getting worse' as some ignorant people would say, but instead because thanks to PS+ (and my own spending habits) I've got a backlog/library of games that I am genuinely really interested in, so when a fairly good game comes on PS+ I just don't really jump to playing it or plan on playing it really any time soon unless it's really something special that catches my attention (which in the past would usually be newly released indie titles I didn't really know of beforehand, but after so many people complaining about indies we rarely seem to get them now...)

4 hours ago, DysectorZA said:

This whole PS Plus thing only giving away 2 games I feel is total bull. How can you go from 6 games down to 2 games and still charge the same amount each month and there are no other bonuses? They should have kept the PS3 games going and just dropped the Vita games, then at least they would have had 4 games in total each month. Then when PS5 launches, then drop the PS3 games completely. It's not like they ran out of PS3 games to give away. I still play games on my PS3. Not happy with PS Plus lately.

If you think that’s something, I remember when they offered a new PS3 game every week!! And they were some awesome titles like Hitman Absolution, Battlefield 3, Hitman Trilogy to name a few. And we would get great games at that. Oh how PS+ has changed. 

• Like 1

holy hell these games are like bargain bin stuff. Sony give us stuff people might not have played not sci-fi dark souls and run around for an hour with your knob out the game,

its like sony aren't even trying anymore at-least when we got ps3 and vita games yeah sure not everything was great but there was atleast more choice to be had and helped people find games they might never have seen or played.

For the sake of keeping the conversation constructive, this article has some really good ideas on how Sony could add value back into PS+ now that 66% of our games are gone. Tiered subscriptions allowing us to pick what we pay for and VR games are some honourable mentions. https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/27/daily-reaction-is-playstation-plus-a-ps-minus-how-the-subscription-needs-to-change/

9 hours ago, stupot00 said:

Both games are on sale in the UK store right now, The Surge is less then £10 and Conan is 60% off with psplus. 

Feel bad for anyone that picked them up in the sale.

I'm that one guy. Bought Conan 65% off (with another 15% coupon off) from Asia store. About $12 I guess. At least PS+ Asia won't give Conan this month as we will get The Surge and What Remains of Edith Finch.