onboarding tutorial glitched out

Solidfox88

On 3/27/2019 at 2:55 PM, Solidfox88 said:

haflway through the onboarding tutorial the game glitched out and kicked me out of diamond dynasty. now I can't complete the tutorial making the The More You Know trphy missable. any idea how can I reset the tutorial?

I have the same problem, but i think i rushed through all the X button pushing, since i already know how DD works. 

I uninstalled, and am re-downloading in rest mode, while at work. 

I'll update later to see if that works.

I asked the question in a SDS Youtube video, but haven't gotten a response, yet.

EDIT: A re-install doesnt fix the problem. As soon as i backed out of the opening game, i was level 2. I went into DD and my level 9 and stubs were restored. I didnt get sent to a tutorial. That takes the 'pressure' off of me to Plat this, if anything. Kind of a heads up from the gaming gods. I still suck at baserunning and hate online baseball anyway.

Edited by TheGoaler
Update to my post

On 3/30/2019 at 1:24 PM, TheGoaler said:

I have the same problem, but i think i rushed through all the X button pushing, since i already know how DD works. 

I uninstalled, and am re-downloading in rest mode, while at work. 

I'll update later to see if that works.

I asked the question in a SDS Youtube video, but haven't gotten a response, yet.

EDIT: A re-install doesnt fix the problem. As soon as i backed out of the opening game, i was level 2. I went into DD and my level 9 and stubs were restored. I didnt get sent to a tutorial. That takes the 'pressure' off of me to Plat this, if anything. Kind of a heads up from the gaming gods. I still suck at baserunning and hate online baseball anyway.

Wrote this in another thread, but I reached out to SDS’ support email and got a reply from a rep saying the devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

When that will arrive, I have no idea, but hopefully soon. (I’ll email them again if a couple patches come and go and there’s no resolution.) I still want to go for this—already around 500 in the ranked seasons mode—so I’m not giving up that easy lol.

EDIT: It’s fixed! If you download patch 1.05 and enter in DD, the trophy should automatically pop. Great to see them stick to their word.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Wrote this in another thread, but I reached out to SDS’ support email and got a reply from a rep saying the devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

When that will arrive, I have no idea, but hopefully soon. (I’ll email them again if a couple patches come and go and there’s no resolution.) I still want to go for this—already around 500 in the ranked seasons mode—so I’m not giving up that easy lol.

EDIT: It’s fixed! If you download patch 1.05 and enter in DD, the trophy should automatically pop. Great to see them stick to their word.

I have to wait until i get home, but will try again. I don't expect the Plat, but i think i can get it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

CAN CONFIRM IT IS FIXED!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

I have to wait until i get home, but will try again. I don't expect the Plat, but i think i can get it.

Yeah, I expect to suffer before I can hit 800, but I can already tell I’ve gotten better within a week, so I think I can get it in a year. A strong roster is obviously necessary, but I think it really comes down to practice.

Like most sports games, the key seems to be reading what your opponent is doing and anticipating that. I’ve also found it easier with the “wedge” PCI setting and starting set up on the left side of the strike zone—for some reason it just feels more natural zipping around the zone from there.

Another tip might be waiting to rise up to 800 until toward the end of the month—you can’t lose points until you reach 400, but maybe waiting will let the really good players rise up the ranks first, so you don’t have to play them on your way up. That’s just a hunch, though. In any case, good luck!

Edited by JD-D2