linkdevivo

Sekiro is better than Bloodborne

20 posts in this topic

Not finished the game yet (or even anywhere close) but i think it's hard to compare to BB. Never really had any interest to even try BB and when i did play it on a friends account, wasn't impressed. Not really able to go into reasons why i prefer it, mostly think because it's far enough away from the BB and DS formula that i can enjoy it, the others always never interested me or where too slow for my liking. And in all fairness, a bad start to a series, can put you off it. Feels similar to Nioh in what i've played of both, so i think that might be part of it since i'm gonna be picking up Nioh when my backlog has lessened. 

Edited by HansReaver
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

So far, I am pretty bored. The level design is not on the same level as Bloodborn for me, the fights are boring and the difficulty feels a bit more articifial than Bloodborne. The abscence of finding better gear is also not leaving a great impression on me and the boss / monster designs are also not as great as DS/BB. It's a decent game, but for me definitely not on the same level as BB. Haven't finished yet though, so maybe with more modifications to prostetics will it become a little bit more interesting.

 

The lack of different weapons really bothers me as well. Yes, they said it's an Action-Adventure with RPG impressions but after you master parry and mikiri there's little to do except learning the enemy's pattern.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Respectfully disagree. I bought this game because of my love for the Soulsborne series, and I'm also bored to death most of the time. There's no new weapons to try, all of the early skills and un-upgraded prosthetics aren't very good, and you are almost required to stealth areas to get through them. I never was good at taking on multiple enemies at once, and my friends always joked about the "Goon Squad" in the beginning of Bloodborne, but this entire game is a goon fest. I spent 20 minutes clearing an area last night because there was zero chance I was going to take on 6 monks, 2 riflemen, a spear guy, a fat guy, and two speedy dual blade enemies with hats. Had to run back and forth to lose aggro, then one-shot them in the back.

Edited by x1001x_Puppys
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I am having a blast with Sekiro,  Bloodborne is still my fave.  The level design and victorian theme were just too good imo.  Also Sekiro only has a couple bosses that make me think what the fuck is that.  Bloodborne every boss is a unique monstrocity imo.

 

Both great games but Bloodborne is a 10/10 for me and Sekiros an 8.5.

1 hour ago, HansReaver said:

Not finished the game yet (or even anywhere close) but i think it's hard to compare to BB. Never really had any interest to even try BB and when i did play it on a friends account, wasn't impressed. Not really able to go into reasons why i prefer it, mostly think because it's far enough away from the BB and DS formula that i can enjoy it, the others always never interested me or where too slow for my liking. And in all fairness, a bad start to a series, can put you off it. Feels similar to Nioh in what i've played of both, so i think that might be part of it since i'm gonna be picking up Nioh when my backlog has lessened. 

Imo Nioh felt more like Bloodborne than it does Sekiro,  other than being in Japan and the skill tree.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Both great games but Bloodborne is a 10/10 for me and Sekiros an 8.5.

 

8.5? i respectfully disagree. easily a 9.5 at least. But yeah, i prefer japan mythology and lore over victorian and gothic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sekiro solos bloodborne, i agree with ye pal, oh yeah nahui.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yrva said:

I don't think you can really take the two and argue one is objectively better than the other.

 

Come on. We argue things are better than others in every way all the time, it's human nature. Of course you can compare 2 video games made from the same developer even if they're a bit different. That's the point. There's no disservice here, only good fun by comparing masterpieces. Sekiro spoke to me in a way Bloodborne just didnt. I hope you can understand that comparing and talking about the games we love is a fun experience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm almost done my first playthrough of sekiro and I'm absolutely loving it. Taking my time with it too, nearly 30 hrs in.

Last time I had this much fun with a game was probably God of war or persona 5 lol

 

Bloodborne is definitely my favorite game of all time and while I thought the base game was amazing, the old hunters dlc took it to that next level.

 I'm gonna wait till I either get the platinum to decide or if there is dlc(I really hope there is) to come out before picking which I liked more though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neoshinmeiryu said:

I'm almost done my first playthrough of sekiro and I'm absolutely loving it. Taking my time with it too, nearly 30 hrs in.

Last time I had this much fun with a game was probably God of war or persona 5 lol

 

Bloodborne is definitely my favorite game of all time and while I thought the base game was amazing, the old hunters dlc took it to that next level.

 I'm gonna wait till I either get the platinum to decide or if there is dlc(I really hope there is) to come out before picking which I liked more though.

Ya Fromsoft imo has the best DLC around,  I hope if we do get DLC that we get some more crazy shit like Guardian ape and less human type bosses.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the jumping, grappling and stealth mechanics, makes it more of an assassins creed mix with souls

 

In bloodborne you can roll or jump while running.

 

I've seen quite a few video's, I'll pick it up after I complete more backlog.

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like Sekiro so do I like Bloodborne. In Sekiro you Can more go with the flow because you don´t Need to bother with new Equipment like armor or weapons but I Can truly understand why People don´t like the game and prefer Bloodborne. You loose some strategy Elements with choosing armor, weapons and stats. In Addition you don´t Need to bother with choosing which stat you want to push with the next Level and which suits your playstyle. In Sekiro you are only able to get stronger with killing Bosses which is a different Approach of leveling.

 

So I Can totally understand why People disagree with your opinion. I like both games because of their unique mechanics.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're different games but I do like Sekiro better because I prefer the setting, it'll be a 10/10 for me if the main character is sexy kunoichi.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sleeping for 4 days sounds really unhealthy. I see it impairs your judgement too.

 

Have a good night's sleep and play/post responsibly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see much replayability with Sekiro unfortunately... I've beaten Bloodborne a few times with different weapons and builds and still don't have enough, gonna launch a new playthrough soon. Plus the multiplayer aspect in Soulsborne games, which is lacking in Sekiro is a HUGE difference. Whenever I learned a certain boss in Bloodborne and managed to deafeat it, I was so pumped I went straight to other players' world to help them deafeat it and fight it again and again whenever I wanted. In Sekiro you kill the boss and it's the end, emptiness. In BB I even got a low level character to be able to get into ever boss through coop. And what do we do when we're bored of helping in BB? We INVADE :D yes, pvp is another thing. And I know some people hate it, but I don't - chalice dungeons. Randomized content you can get into even after 1000h of content.

Yah, overall Sekiro does not even scratch the surface of BB's awesomeness for me. Still, Shadows is an amazing game, possibly GOTY, but Bloodborne for me is just THAT game, possibly best in the entire lifetime.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NarcissusBaz said:

I don't see much replayability with Sekiro unfortunately... I've beaten Bloodborne a few times with different weapons and builds and still don't have enough, gonna launch a new playthrough soon. Plus the multiplayer aspect in Soulsborne games, which is lacking in Sekiro is a HUGE difference. Whenever I learned a certain boss in Bloodborne and managed to deafeat it, I was so pumped I went straight to other players' world to help them deafeat it and fight it again and again whenever I wanted. In Sekiro you kill the boss and it's the end, emptiness. In BB I even got a low level character to be able to get into ever boss through coop. And what do we do when we're bored of helping in BB? We INVADE :D yes, pvp is another thing. And I know some people hate it, but I don't - chalice dungeons. Randomized content you can get into even after 1000h of content.

Yah, overall Sekiro does not even scratch the surface of BB's awesomeness for me. Still, Shadows is an amazing game, possibly GOTY, but Bloodborne for me is just THAT game, possibly best in the entire lifetime.

 

Your post also made me realize one of the biggest things I'm missing in Sekiro: The co-op. While I always tried to beat each boss myself for the satisfaction, it was nice knowing that if I got stuck I could rely on others. I also did the same thing as you: Once I finally took down a crazy hard boss like Nameless King, I sat there and put my summon sign down for others until I had over a million souls just chilling there. I'd love to sit there and help the dozens of players having a tough time with Genechiro and others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.