Which servers you speculate might be shutting down soon?

Varhur

I'm not talking about stuff that's already announced, but rather what wasn't, but might be. Basically, old games with still obtainable online trophies, that might be unobtainable soon.

Personally, i'm kinda worried about Batman: Arkham Origins. Game has a long multiplayer grind and i still have to start this game. The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 feel like they get more time, but maybe i don't know something.

What you expect to be soon on "Known server closure" thread?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Pretty much anything on PS3 would be a good bet. Unless Sony has plans to convert the PS3 network to work on the PS5.

So.  You say that somehow the PS3 has a different method to access the PSN?

Edited by BlackJudas

8 minutes ago, BlackJudas said:

So.  You say somehow that the PS3 has a different method to access PSN?

Nothing like that, it's just that the PS3 store is only on PS3. The PS3 playerbase is shrinking faster and faster as time goes on. By the time the PS5 comes out, Sony will likely be dropping support entirely, and individual developers will likely be shutting down the servers for their PS3 games. Since why would they pay to keep them up, if they're not being used, and Sony isn't supporting the console anymore?

There's rumors about the PS5 being backwards compatible, so it's possible that they're making the PS3 PSN accessible on PS5 as a way of backwards compatibility. Essentially, you'd be able to play digital PS3 games on the PS5. Kind of like the way the X1 is backwards compatible with 360 games, but on a much larger scale. That's entirely speculation on my part though.

Edited by ExHaseo

3 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Killzone 2 and 3 are probably going to be shut down last year, other than that, not a clue.

Wat.

Anyway, i think they'll shut down Uncharted 2 and 3.

ps: isn't the PS3 Store simply the full Store with non-PS3 content being filtered out?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Ubisoft has yet to shut down a game. I'd be surprised if they shut down Far Cry, even if it's old as hell.

True, but the PS3 is getting pretty old itself now.. They won't keep servers up forever and Far Cry 2's servers in particular have gotten a lot worse over the past year. If they don't take them down I see them breaking in the near future anyway.

1 hour ago, SlimSanta94 said:

True, but the PS3 is getting pretty old itself now.. They won't keep servers up forever and Far Cry 2's servers in particular have gotten a lot worse over the past year. If they don't take them down I see them breaking in the near future anyway.

How bad is it? Something like Kane & Lynch 2?

On 27/03/2019 at 10:45 PM, Lance_87 said:

Wat.

Anyway, i think they'll shut down Uncharted 2 and 3.

ps: isn't the PS3 Store simply the full Store with non-PS3 content being filtered out?

I think Uncharted 2 at least is P2P so should keep running so long as people are playing.

Edit: Wrong, I guess. ;) Just going by what a fellow booster told me last year.

Edited by Charizarzar

2 minutes ago, CristianX-97 said:

I'd imagine Killzone Mercenary on Vita would be on the chopping block soon. And in all fairness, I'm surprised Medal and Honor 2010 and it's sequel Warfighter are still running. Let's see. 

Well, Need for Speed Undercover is still working, and it's even older (2008, 11 years) and so are most (if not all) major NFS games released after that.

27 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Didn't that already happen?

Not really, they have to be found manually with either the internal Search feature or from Google, at least for the EU Store.

You can get all but the Made Man Pack because it's a Collector's/Digital Deluxe Edition exclusive and there's no such thing digitally on PS3.

Edited by Lance_87

16 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Infamous 2 user generared content servers or maybe delisting GoW Ascension online pass. Other than these there aren't many Sony games left anyways at least that isn't p2p.

That's pretty much my worries right now. All the rest seems 'safe' for the time being.

On 29/03/2019 at 1:34 PM, Bahamut3104 said:

To the OP. I thought Batman Origins servers were closed a while back. I know they had made an announcement about and I boosted the trophies due to that.

They announced the closure in 2016 but the servers are still up, just yesterday I was playing. Nobody knows what's up with that, if WB forgot to turn it off, if they turned off but the servers are P2P or any other mysterious thing going on. Despite that, I wouldn't postpone doing those online trophies in AO forever, gotta do them while you can.

• Like 2