Easy "All Endings" Guide for Fast Platinum [SPOILERS INSIDE]

So I just beat the game and got the "Return" ending.  I'd like to 100% this game and experience all endings so before starting NG+ I have a couple questions.

1. The guide mentions to "backup" multiple times in the sequence of events for obtaining all endings. Does that mean cloud backup or is there an in-game backup mechanism I'm unaware of?
  2. If the former of the first question is the case, how do I go about doing this correctly?  I mean, backing up, getting a new ending/trophy and then reloading the backup?  I've never done this before so if anyone could explain or point me toward a guide I'd be forever grateful.
  3. I didn't ever eavesdrop on Isshin and Emma so am I SOL on the second Hirata events and bosses until I do a NG+?  (That seems to be the consensus from my cursory googlin')
Edited by Melosz01
Forgot third question

For some reason i cant get the purification ending to work, i did as in the steps written but for some reason the next step dont work:

• Rest, go to Dilapidated Temple and eavesdrop on Emma and the Sculptor, talk to her and she'll give you the Owl bell charm.

Emma do not sit next to the sculptor so i dont have nothing to eavesdrop...

She just stands far from him in the temple and when i speak to her she says she cant remember anything useful...

all the steps before worked perfectly...

Am i missing something?

13 hours ago, Melosz01 said:

So I just beat the game and got the "Return" ending.  I'd like to 100% this game and experience all endings so before starting NG+ I have a couple questions.

1. The guide mentions to "backup" multiple times in the sequence of events for obtaining all endings. Does that mean cloud backup or is there an in-game backup mechanism I'm unaware of?
  2. If the former of the first question is the case, how do I go about doing this correctly?  I mean, backing up, getting a new ending/trophy and then reloading the backup?  I've never done this before so if anyone could explain or point me toward a guide I'd be forever grateful.
  3. I didn't ever eavesdrop on Isshin and Emma so am I SOL on the second Hirata events and bosses until I do a NG+?  (That seems to be the consensus from my cursory googlin')

Cloud or USB backup. Just close the game, go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data on System Storage, and upload the save either to the cloud (you need the plus subscription) or to an USB drive.

In theory, you should do it right after beating the final boss (go back to the idol), then you proceed to the ending and when the trophy pops up you close the game and restore the backup (same procedure, but you go to Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data on USB Storage, and upload it to the system storage). Then talk to Kuro again and use a different item to get another ending.

Yes, unfortunately you have to get the Purification ending in NG+.

9 hours ago, Romikot84 said:

For some reason i cant get the purification ending to work, i did as in the steps written but for some reason the next step dont work:

• Rest, go to Dilapidated Temple and eavesdrop on Emma and the Sculptor, talk to her and she'll give you the Owl bell charm.

She just stands far from him in the temple and when i speak to her she says she cant remember anything useful...

Am i missing something?

EDIT: My phone cut out some text from my reply. BlackTorito replied anyway.

Edited by nudoetcrudo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Romikot84 said:

Am i missing something?

She doesn’t sit next to him, you just need to go around the building and eavesdrop from a hole in the back wall.

7 minutes ago, jogui22 said:

Thank you for the info, I usually don’t use backup saving and do multiple ng, but I see that you can’t continue scaling your power in new ng++, making the game harder

You can scale attack power but not your health,  in NG+ bosses still give memories for more attack power and you can also unlock the mask which lets you spend 5 skill points per attack power but I don't recommend using mask until you have grinded out all skills because it takes a while to grind all the skill points if you do use the mask.