RUMOR: Upcoming FromSoftware game published by Namco, written by George R.R. Martin

ziggypossum

Summary:

-Published by Bamco
-Fully open world
-A bunch of kingdoms you can go to in any order.
-Get abilities from killing leaders of these kingdoms.
-Might be announced at e3.
-George RR Martin is one of the lead writers

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-upcoming-fromsoft-game-published-by-namco-written-by-george-r-r-martin.108041/

3 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

George r r Martin? Now this sounds like an april fool.

LOL. I was just about to post that it's about 4 days early for this announcement.

The sad part is, I hope it's an April Fool's joke. The last time George R.R. Martin was involved in a video game, the result was disastrous. Seriously, this was one of the worst game I played in the PS3 generation, and Martin's cameo might have been one of the worst parts.

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. I was just about to post that it's about 4 days early for this announcement.

The sad part is, I hope it's an April Fool's joke. The last time George R.R. Martin was involved in a video game, the result was disastrous. Seriously, this was one of the worst game I played in the PS3 generation, and Martin's cameo might have been one of the worst parts.

How involved was he? Did he do writing for it? The article you linked mentions a cameo, but that's about it.

Just now, LordShavron said:

How involved was he? Did he do writing for it? The article you linked mentions a cameo, but that's about it.

I have no idea how involved he was. But my personal belief is that he's an old, lazy dude now whose shelf life expired some time ago. FROM certainly doesn't need him to help on the writing for its games.

7 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

A new franchise where you'll have to wait for the next installment to learn that something vaguely interesting might happen in a more or less hypothetical future? 1f914.png

Well, that actually seems to fit the FROM storyline framework. :D

By the way, at the risk of sounding like a dude with anger management issues, am I the only one who looks at the picture on the on video, and wants to punch that dude in the middle right in the face? He just looks like some smug bastard to me.

Edited by starcrunch061

The description of the game sounds like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Lmao. It's an open world game where you visit 4 kingdoms in any order to take down the Divine beast, and you are rewarded with powerful weapons/items after taking down each one.

If this is true and George RR Martin is a lead writer, his involvement is probably minimal. He has preached the past year that he is only focused on finishing up the Winds of Winter. Either that, or he's a big, fat liar! xD

Release Date: somewhere between today and the end of the universe. Seriously though, he really should finish his two books for the series already before adding more stuff on his already full plate. But I highly doubt that there is any truth to this anyway.

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The description of the game sounds like Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild. Lmao. It's an open world game where you visit 4 kingdoms in any order to take down the Divine beast, and you are rewarded with powerful weapons/items after taking down each one.

Actual Dark Souls 2 twist, but with kingdoms, instead of different kings with crowns living in different places, including "powerful weapons/items after taking down each one" part.

• 3 years later...
On 28.03.2019 at 1:07 PM, ziggypossum said:

Summary:

-Published by Bamco
-Fully open world
-A bunch of kingdoms you can go to in any order.
-Get abilities from killing leaders of these kingdoms.
-Might be announced at e3.
-George RR Martin is one of the lead writers

So it's all was true :D

IpdRGJj.jpg

On 28.03.2019 at 1:48 PM, scemopagliaccioh said:

George r r Martin? Now this sounds like an april fool.

lol

• Like 1