New Lord of the Ring games announced

So there is a new Lord of the Ring game coming, but it's a bit of a surprise. It's about Gollum! It certainly has a lot of potential considering there isn't much lore about him or what he did between the day he found the ring and when he met his fate at Mt. Doom in Mordor. The second surprise is that this game comes from a somewhat small German indie developer who is mostly known for their excellent point n' click adventure like Deponia and Whispered World.

The game itself is going to be an action adventure but with focus on storytelling which does make sense because Gollum isn't really your typical blade wielding killing machine. I am looking forward to learn more about it. Sadly there is no other information available other then this nice title image.

Lord-of-the-rings-gollum.jpg

You can read a bit more over at Playstation Universe.com.

Edited by Durandal
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Eh.. dont be surprised if this is an April fools gag. It's that time of the year

Nah it's more or less official. The CEO Carsten Fichtelmann already confirmed it to multiple sites. If this is going to be an April's Fool gag it would be a rather stupid move. And I doubt they would make a joke like this considering how much damage it could do to the company.

What does seem like an April's Fool gag to me is that Torchlight II is apparently coming for consoles after seven years and with Runic Games long gone. But as far as I know some company bought the rights for these games and has been working on a port all these years.