Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare

AJ_Radio

Just Cause 2 - 5.35% - is mostly just a massive grind, but then you have to beat the game on hardcore difficulty, suddenly you're not really a bullet sponge and you need to get very good at dealing with multiple helicopters.

SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - 26.31% - That sounds easy, you say; yes, it is, unless, like most people, you are not a PuyoPuyo master, in which case you will spend about half of your time practicing to get fast enough to beat the final level of Mean Bean Machine. 

• Like 1

I suppose The Last of Us.  Grounded challenging had some tough sections and you had to be careful not to blow through your supplies.

Edit - Oops Grounded mode might have been DLC, but same thing applies to Survivor difficulty.  

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

Dead Space 2 is definitely a good choice. I couldn't pass that part at the train wreckage where you were upside down. The pressure for "not to die" was insane during the game. Gladly I had a save before the eye thing.

Demons Souls was the worse for me. I spent weeks playing daily to get that damn bladestone. The worst part was that, after a few months brake,after giving up, I tried again for some reason and got it with my first try.

Life sucks.

• Like 4

Probably Dead Space 2. Although I was well prepared for my Hardcore playthrough, having played the game enough to know exactly what was going to hit me and when. The reason I've gone with it is because of the save file limit resulting in extended periods of gameplay - I didn't make my first save until Chapter 7, just before realigning the solar relays, because there was a chance I could get insta-killed in the following free-fall sequence. The second save was before the needle sequence towards the end of the game - basically, I only saved before events that could result in instant death outside of normal combat. And some of the combat sequences in DS2 are pretty difficult, I remember absolutely dreading the Drill Ride - fortunately I made it through first time, but had a couple of close calls.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, realm722 said:

Unravel - 16.59% platinum rarity. My 1st platinum and what got me into trophy hunting. Those no-death runs were brutal to start off for me. 

Same for me. The no-death runs were much harder than I ever thought they'd be.

I'd also say God of War (PS3). The Physical Challenge trophy for completing the Challenge of the Gods is at 22% for rarity at PSNP, but that trophy was an all-day ball breaker for me. With no option to save, you are in for hours of frustration. 

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 3

Plants vs. Zombies for Vita. The game itself isnt that hard but my personal experience was. Two times while playing through it and almost being done the game glitched on me and ruined my save data. I basically had to play the story six times. It was the most validation I’ve had in getting a platinum maybe next to finally getting Hardcore Risette Fan in Person 4 Golden.

• Like 1

Id say Crash Bandicoot 3 and Mirrors Edge Catalyst , some time trials were tiiiight.

Unravel : I got that plat on two accounts so much I loved the game. At the end, I found the no-death runs calming and helping to relax after a long day of work so much i memorized every levels.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 11:33 AM, realm722 said:

The Witness - 13.18% platinum rarity. The Challenge kicked my ass so hard I took a break for over a year and came back to it and got it on like the 3rd attempt. 

Unravel - 16.59% platinum rarity. My 1st platinum and what got me into trophy hunting. Those no-death runs were brutal to start off for me. 

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition - 19.92% platinum rarity. Those midnight challenges were insanely difficult but VERY satisfying when accomplished. 

Unravel is not as hard compare to little big planets version of no death run

I have 2-3 candidates for this:

1. Gran Turismo 6. Some of the license gold medals took a couple of tries! Also a few various trophies were a bit stressful, but I got lucky with most of them. All in all not that hard imo, but still a challenge!

2. Motorstorm Apocalypse. I stopped playing this game when I was 12 years old or something because I couldn't progress anymore due to the difficulty. Came back to it last year and realized it wasn't that hard! Some races took me more than one try, but overall nothing too tough. I still wanted to mention it because of the mental barrier I had to break through after 6-7 years haha

3. NFS Rivals. The game itself wasn't really hard, but some design choices or straight up bugs made it really annoying and therefore kinda hard! So glad to be done with this game, probably my fastest uninstall after a platinum lmao.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, Spaz said:

If there is already a topic like this floating around in the forums, then feel free to post a link to it. 

The title of the thread says it all...

For me, it has to be Dead Space 2. Hard Core difficulty was a very stressful journey that proved nerve wrecking at times. A single mistake could send you back hours. 

It was more stressful to me than anything I faced in Bloodborne, Batman: Arkham Knight, or virtually any other game I’ve done besides Super Meat Boy. Even several years later, I still feel it is a respectable platinum.

What were your worst/hardest platinums that aren’t ultra rare? Ones that may you pull your hair out, break your controller, punch a wall, scream in frustration, die of boredom from how long it was, etc etc.

How is Dead Space 2 not Ultra Rare?? I've never had the nerve to try to get that one, even though I did play through the story once. 

For me, it has to be Call of Duty: World at War.. which also ranks as one of my hardest 100% complete games (Big Baller, wow...).

Honorable Mention: 

Titanfall 2

COD Modern Warfare

COD Classic

Kingdom Hearts II

• Like 1

I go with Rime. The game itself was not that hard, but I really didn't enjoy it and I forced myself to get the Platinum by following a guide. Really really annoying.

Otherwise, I say Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Onrush. They were not too hard, only a bit challenging in certain parts of them, and were enjoyable games.

Danganronpa V3 - It has ungodly amount of ultra boring griding in a board game minigame and that stupid mining minigame almost made me just uninstall it it and forget it.

The Witness - The Challenge trophy. I suck in time based puzzles and i like to take my time which is not possible here. I even rage quitted it because of those nauseating pillar puzzles.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - It is not hard game or rophy list but it just made me realize that i suck in FPS games on consoles ( I can aim for shit on them).

I wanted to say Silent hill 2 from the poor HD collection, but it's sitting right between ultra and very rare, my other choice was hotline miami 2 but i saw that game plenty here already, so I'll go with metal gear Solid 2 from the ps3 HD collection, the extreme difficulty and the VR missions still in my nightmares 

17 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I go with Rime. The game itself was not that hard, but I really didn't enjoy it and I forced myself to get the Platinum by following a guide. Really really annoying.

Otherwise, I say Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Onrush. They were not too hard, only a bit challenging in certain parts of them, and were enjoyable games.

+1 for RiME! Although I did enjoy the game, the second playthrough needed for collectibles/misc (I never use guides for first playthrough) was extremely annoying.

I'll go for God of War PS3... the challenges of the gods were a heavy one... i gave up in challenge 10 after failing it for 6 hours in a row... i didn't try again for almost 2 months... made it through all challenges in ~ 4 hours :D

Second place goes to Bloodborne. Tough game but i had help some various people, i hardly slew a boss on my own... maybe Dark Souls PS3 will take this spot soon if i can finish it eventually :D

In terms of difficulty, probably Hotline Miami 2, because really there's not many to pick from. But Ni No Kuni is more annoying, because of the stupid recipes trophy forcing you to farm so many materials. But lastly, I believe Gem Smashers to be quite possibly the hardest platinum in general, including ultra rare platinums, it's just such a feat to do that game.

mynameismayo

• Like 1