Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare

AJ_Radio

Knack was pretty miserable what with the bullshit difficulty and RNG chests. 5.44% Very Rare just straddling that line

FFX as well with some of those minigames 8.77% Very Rare

Crash 1 with those time trials even though it didn't take long. 10.58% Rare (Though 100% is Ultra Rare at 4.09%)

Crash 2 maybe as well with a couple of time trials 9.62% Very Rare

God of War 2 also had an annoying no damage challenge. It's the reason why it's the only plat of the series I have (I'd get 3 done if I can ever be bothered doing a run on Hard though). 24.54% Uncommon

Special mention goes to Goat Simulator in which for a plat I got in a single afternoon most of the time was spent doing that stupid fucking Flappy Goat thing. 41.45% Uncommon

KH BBS as well with beating Mysterious Figure as Terra on Critical. Never doing that again. 7.22% Very Rare

CTR Nitro Fueled when I first did it. Dragon Mines was pretty brutal although I full G'ed the Xbox version recently in like 2 days. 10.01% Rare just out of Very Rare territory.

• Like 1

Rainbow Six Siege before fixes. It wasn't particularly hard as I got most of the trophies just by my normal competitive play in it. But I obtained he Plat before they change the list making several trophies quite easier then before. The most annoying trophies though we're the terrorist hunt ones they use to have the trackers were bugged and sometimes kills didn't count. Took me about 3200 kills to get the 2500 kill trophy to register took a couple friends even longer (one was about 5000 kills in another 7000).

• Like 1

Are we basing this on PSN rarity, or PSNP rarity?

If it's the latter, I would say Zone of the Enders (1) HD Edition. I seriously don't understand how this is considered by many to be an easy platinum. I saw the Game Over screen at least 100 times, and it was so frustrating having to always go back to the menu and reload my save.

Probably the Pt gold trophy from Prototype on PS4, sitting at 5.24% rarity, asking you to get a platinum medal in each of the 53 challenges ranging from moderate to tough as nails in terms of difficulty. These challenges took quite a while to beat, some of them came quickly, others took more attempts, and a few of them required perfection to get the timing just right for the platinum medal. Despite a few of them taking hours to finally beat, I never got really frustrated with them, as most of them were a lot of fun and they did not feel unfair or needlessly punishing, you always knew what you did wrong and could improve upon it during the next attempts, I was almost said when I got the last challenge done because I had fun doing them.

Edited by Nighcisama

25 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Are we basing this on PSN rarity, or PSNP rarity?

If it's the latter, I would say Zone of the Enders (1) HD Edition. I seriously don't understand how this is considered by many to be an easy platinum. I saw the Game Over screen at least 100 times, and it was so frustrating having to always go back to the menu and reload my save.

PSNP rarity.

PSN rarity is basically including everyone, which is basically most people who don't trophy hunt at all. Rarity is skewed on PSNP due to trophy hunters, but it's a more accurate representation of people who trophy hunt regularly or every now and then.

• Like 1

Danganronpa V3, listed here at 5.45% right now. The only parts that I'd say were truly hard was getting the top ranks in the minigames (I actually managed to get the one for Treasure Hunter without much trouble, but Outlaw Run took a while for me instead), and completing Monokuma's Test. But completing Ultimate Talent Development Plan with every character, and going through Salmon Team so many times to get all the events for the Gallery, was literal mind-numbing grinding; as in, I felt my mind numbing while working on it at points. But I'm glad to have it done to have every Danganronpa platinum.

• Like 1

Demons Souls - Based on my first time playing it back in 2010. I did this plat twice, but the first time was the hardest and because it was the first Souls game, the formula was new and it was quite hard back then.

I didn’t do too much research to begin with as I wanted to enjoy the game blind (in the process of dying a lot XD). I had no clue how the black and white world tendencies worked and how to approach enemies and bosses in the beginning. When you die from a boss you had less shortcuts than Dark Souls games if I remember correctly. Trial and error was inevitable and learning the game was at it’s peak when it came to Souls for me. I know the difficulty of the game would’ve been different if I had played Dark Souls first, Demons Souls would’ve been easier. 

Today this game is much easier to plat due to the duping exploit and I’m pretty sure people who’ve played Dark Souls can also destroy Demons Souls even without the glitch.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:06 AM, Arcesius said:

1L0d46fc.png

Hollow Knight (EU)

And like Dead Cells, this one is only non-UR because I played the EU version. Definitely one of the best games on the PS4, it still sits in my mind weeks after getting the plat, and for sure a game I will revisit at some point. For the incredibly low release price-tag of 15$, this game is a must-play for anyone that enjoys metroidvania-type games. 

I also have no idea why this one isn't UR... Most of the game is really easy, but the Godmaster content (pantheons) are really tough ?

The reason is that exists an exploit to become invincible that works for the pantheons.

3 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

The reason is that exists an exploit to become invincible that works for the pantheons.

Yeah I know that now ?. But I platted the game (and wrote the post you quoted) before the exploit was found and shared on this forum... At the time, the rarity of this game was already 5.xx%, which in my opinion is still way too high. Though it only had like 4k owners or so.

Without the exploit, this game would definitely be a sub-2% platinum. 

Edited by Arcesius

4 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah I know that now ?. But I platted the game (and wrote the post you quoted) before the exploit was found and shared on this forum... At the time, the rarity of this game was already 5.xx%, which in my opinion is still way too high. Though it only had like 4k owners or so.

Without the exploit, this game would definitely be a sub-2% platinum. 

We never know... Besides the exploit, this game on PS4 only interest a small population fans of metroidvanias, and this site only track active trophy hunters nowadays, but indeed, in normal situation this platinum should be at least UR.

For me it would be these three platinums

Mega Man 11

Vanquish

Devil May Cry HD

Ive been doing this whole trophy hunter thing for a while now(even longer if we count xbox achievements)

And Im gonna say this, if I was the same skill level I was at when I 1st started.

These 3plats would feel like ultra rares no lie.

Vanquish, I spent 25hrs alone on challenge 6 back on 360.

This game single handily put me on the path to trackle challenging games.

Ironicly enuff on ps4,  I beat all the tactial challenges in 3hrs(inculding #6)

Mega Man 11, I used to suck at mega man(and platfromers as a whole)

I couldnt even beat MM10 on normal. lol

So when I got tru Dr Lights trial for the 1st time and obatin the plat, I knew srright up, yeah Im a hell of alot better at Mega Man finally. 

DMC1HD, if there ever was a game to show me the skill improvment between my past self and now its DMC1.

I maxed it out on 360 way back when...but only by playing tru the like 3 extra times.

So I could fram holy waters endless yellow orbs and I think I had like 8 untounchbles. 

I bearly even beat the game on DMD mode. lol

Come ps4 version, I cleared DMD without using a single item.

Man that feels good, mostly cus I love DMC1.

But yeah those are my hardest plats that are non ultra rares.

I didnt really find them too bad in this gen, but Id be a fool to say they were a piece of cake another life ago.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

I think Dying Light or Kingdom Hearts?

Dying Light, the trophies themselves were fairly easy but I struggled so much with the actual game and got my arse handed to me on a near constant basis. I feel like each story mission had an insane difficulty spike 

Kingdom Hearts was another story altogether. It was incredibly time consuming (which tbh most of it was my fault for not being strategic with synthesis grinds etc) and some of the fights were infuriatingly difficult for me. I’m not someone that plays games on hard mode so I was pleasantly surprised that proud mode wasn’t too difficult. My biggest struggles were Sephiroth and then the final battle on my beginner playthrough where I wasn’t changing equipment or using continue screens ?

For me its gonna be Arkham Asylum, simply because it was my first Arkham Game so i was completely unfamiliar with the Challenge Medals and how to perform percetly in Free-Flow-Combat. One of my Ps3 Controllers still has Bitemarks from this game. The Other Arkham Games are without a doubt harder (especially the DLCs) but atleast there i knew what to do so thats why the "easiest" Arkham Game takes my number one spot. I personally found Dead Space 2 not that difficult, but thats probably because i absolutely love teh Dead Space Series and i finished DS2 multiple times on PC Beforehand, so i could remember most enemy-spawns, what made the Hardcore run a lot easier.

17 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

my name is mayo

Please tell me you are joking.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Tomb Raider on the ps3 with a 5.18% rarity. I loved the campaign, but the multiplayer was an unnecessary grind.

I wish they would remaster it without the MP, totally not necessary and very buggy and practically dead online.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:48 AM, FahrenheitFrenzy said:

Watch_Dogs. It's almost UR (PS3 plat currently stands at 5.01%). I'm going to assume a lot of people got caught up in the drinking game...

Definitely... although IIRC the mini-game was patched to be easier sometime down the line... I got it 'fair' after launch and that was a MASSIVE pain

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Demons Souls - Based on my first time playing it back in 2010. I did this plat twice, but the first time was the hardest and because it was the first Souls game, the formula was new and it was quite hard back then.

I didn’t do too much research to begin with as I wanted to enjoy the game blind (in the process of dying a lot XD). I had no clue how the black and white world tendencies worked and how to approach enemies and bosses in the beginning. When you die from a boss you had less shortcuts than Dark Souls games if I remember correctly. Trial and error was inevitable and learning the game was at it’s peak when it came to Souls for me. I know the difficulty of the game would’ve been different if I had played Dark Souls first, Demons Souls would’ve been easier. 

Today this game is much easier to plat due to the duping exploit and I’m pretty sure people who’ve played Dark Souls can also destroy Demons Souls even without the glitch.

There weren't as many guides 10 years ago either. Couldn't get the game because it was a PS3 exclusive, so ended up trying Dark Souls back in 2011 - 2012. Didn't get too far because of all the dying and falling into traps. The Basilisks can be a reeeallll pain in the ass especially when they curse you when you die and you have to work your way towards getting that curse lifted. Not fun in the slightest.

Today there are guides inside and out for the Soulsborne titles. I basically did Bloodborne almost completely on my own except for a couple YouTube guides on a couple bosses, including Orphan of Kos. Tempted to play it again on another account.

• Like 2

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan. And yes, I'm dead serious, there is a reason this interactive story telling game sits below 10% (very rare). A lot rarer than its older sister Until Dawn. You have to finish the game like 6 times for endings/playing in a certain way that you can also mess up easily, in which case enjoy another playthrough. There are collectibles locked behind the online mode that are specific. At the time it had this glitch that caused infinite loading screens and made you lose progress. This game is an absolute slog to plat. Nothing so 'difficult' right? Well, personally I cannot stand pushing through games that I don't like, and it becomes a burden to do so. It required great mental fortitude to bring myself to complete it. And as a result it's one of my proudest to date even though to most it goes unnoticed I bet

Edited by PeachXHime
  • Like 1