Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare

AJ_Radio

Probably Mega Man 11.  That 60 minute speedrun and Dr. Light's trial are both difficult.  I thought the speedrun was harder, but it looks like more people have trouble with the trial.

Honorable mention to Titanfall 2 because of ...Becomes the Master.  It's intimidating at first, but doable after looking at some videos of other people doing it.  Running through it in time isn't that hard if you follow along with what others are doing, but doing that and hitting all the targets... yeah, it's annoying for sure.  Still, you've only got to do it right once and it's short.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

There weren't as many guides 10 years ago either. Couldn't get the game because it was a PS3 exclusive, so ended up trying Dark Souls back in 2011 - 2012. Didn't get too far because of all the dying and falling into traps. The Basilisks can be a reeeallll pain in the ass especially when they curse you when you die and you have to work your way towards getting that curse lifted. Not fun in the slightest.

Today there are guides inside and out for the Soulsborne titles. I basically did Bloodborne almost completely on my own except for a couple YouTube guides on a couple bosses, including Orphan of Kos. Tempted to play it again on another account.

I agree - the guides back then weren’t “holding your hand all the way to the plat”  like some of the guides today. Dark Souls 1 had some rough moments too and for many that was their first Souls - so that was their Demons Souls. 

Bloodborne is a phenomenol game, best played blind for the full enjoyment plus that aren’t really too much missable like the Souls games. I went back last year and did The Old Hunters DLC again on NG+ (first time was on NG obviously), and it was great playing that game again reliving those moments - the Old Hunters DLC 1 of my favorites out of all DLCs in gaming. The difficulty really went up though lol.

• Like 1

I dont know if this counts but some of the evil within stacks that I did are rare or very rare and the national version is ultra rare. It’s my favorite game but okay to the topic I don’t need to explain why it’s hard....but now I run this game sleeping and eating at the same time really.

Resident evil revelations 2 (PS3) 5.71% Rare

I don’t consider it easy at all as invisible enemy mode is annoying I got raped in some of the sections it took me several tries, let alone medals and countdown mode that will maybe rip you apart. The PS4 version that I did is ultra rare.

Kotodama 30.37 uncommon

This is literally the hardest and most annoying visual novel game that I ever played I grabbed it on sale for like 2€ for quick plat but the revenge got on me! They included so many puzzles that was just pointless like candy crash not something I like I was going for story. Then I messed up the good ending and had to do all over again.When I completed everything I thought I was done with the nightmare but to unlock final CSG I had to complete 6 more puzzles on hard it was a real mess and a pain. I throw my controller multiple times at the wall and gone mad but yeah got the plat after a day so...

There is probably a lot more but personally I find anything with bad controls and glitchy is enough to annoy me when I see it’s not ultra rare.....

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PeachXHime said:

The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan. And yes, I'm dead serious, there is a reason this interactive story telling game sits below 10% (very rare). A lot rarer than its older sister Until Dawn. You have to finish the game like 6 times for endings/playing in a certain way that you can also mess up easily, in which case enjoy another playthrough. There are collectibles locked behind the online mode that are specific. At the time it had this glitch that caused infinite loading screens and made you lose progress. This game is an absolute slog to plat. Nothing so 'difficult' right? Well, personally I cannot stand pushing through games that I don't like, and it becomes a burden to do so. It required great mental fortitude to bring myself to complete it. And as a result it's one of my proudest to date even though to most it goes unnoticed I bet

I’m going for this just now and I totally feel that! Also it’s ridiculously hard to kill people when you want to ? 

Final Fantasy 9 (7% rare)

23Sfcc4b6.png  Hail to the King was a tough challenge for me. 9 hours of focusing on rhythm and transition of speed changes. I beat it without scripts and it was worth it for my 100th plat and 5000th trophy. Without scripts to bypass difficulty I bet the rarity would be maybe at 2%.

• Like 1

Enter the Gungeon (5.19 % "Very Rare")

This game was very much a challenge, even with using back-up saves for some of the tougher trophies like Lead God!! I can almost guarantee this plat would be UR without that option. Such an amazing game tho, one of the best Roguelites out there IMO!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

I agree - the guides back then weren’t “holding your hand all the way to the plat”  like some of the guides today. Dark Souls 1 had some rough moments too and for many that was their first Souls - so that was their Demons Souls. 

Bloodborne is a phenomenol game, best played blind for the full enjoyment plus that aren’t really too much missable like the Souls games. I went back last year and did The Old Hunters DLC again on NG+ (first time was on NG obviously), and it was great playing that game again reliving those moments - the Old Hunters DLC 1 of my favorites out of all DLCs in gaming. The difficulty really went up though lol.

Bloodborne took me around 50 hours, played for 4 - 5 hours a day and ended up getting all the trophies in a little over a week. It's the easiest Soulsborne game I've played, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were both harder not entirely because of the bosses and enemies, but because of all the crap you have to keep track of.

I literally had a follow a guide for Demon's Souls because the World/Character Tendency is just crap. Plus there is a slight chance you can make a mistake doing the Duping Glitch, hit Stockpile Thomas and have him be aggressive towards you until you start New Game Plus. In Dark Souls you can pay to get the NPCs to stop being aggressive, but if you kill them then you have to wait for a new playthrough to see them again.

Seeing as I only have 3 platinum trophies and none of them are ultra rare at least not on the site, you'd think this would be an easy post for me, right? Sadly I'm not sure to be honest out of Batman Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls and Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled I didn't struggle with any of them to the degree where I can say this is definitively harder than the others, but if a gun was put to my head and I had to choose one I'd go with Batman.

• 11 months later...

Bringing this topic back up. May be a surprise to some, but Duke Nukem Forever on Insane difficulty gave me some fits.

It's an older style game and some parts were a bit tough. Dead Space 2 I still regard as my hardest platinum that isn't an ultra rare, but Duke Nukem I would place within the top 5 on my trophy list.

Didn't use the exploit that would of made the trophy trivial. Used Chapter Select for the entire game because you keep all the Ego Cap rewards which increases your health. Enemies were definitely bullet sponges on Insane difficulty. Got it done thru trial and error.

The Doctor Proton DLC wasn't that bad on Insane and I did that run prior to doing the base game on Insane.

• Like 2

Percent wise, it’s Just Cause 2.

Difficulty wise, it’s Mitsurugi Kamui  Hikae, the game should have an UR plat, if it didn’t have a small, concentrated player base.

It’s an hack ‘n’ slash game under similar veins of Devil may Cry, with the hardest mode being basically Hell and Hell mode. You pretty much need to master the parry (flourish as it’s called here) system against all types of enemies including bosses,  especially the miniboss knights (16 of them in a single wave) who are pretty much impossible without parry.

I’ll go ahead and  say it was harder than DMC4, not sure about 5, as I haven’t found enough time to study it.

Game is short and to the point if you’re good, no exploration or stupid collectibles, my preferred kind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Has been a while since Hollow Knight was dethroned as my "most challenging non-UR plat" by this game right here: 

L3e145c.png

The platinum sits at 7.05% right now, but has only been completed by 33 people (it just doesn't have a lot of owners...) This is a 2D-platformer by Edmund McMillen, known for The Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy. 

For the platinum, you need to finish everything, including bonus levels in retro style called "carts" in-game. The biggest challenge lies in those carts. One of them, the Tower of Ascension, is The End is Nigh's version of a "no-death run". where you need to complete 32 levels in a pre-determined order without dying. 

The "hardest" and most frustrating challenge is to complete the Super Mega Cart, consisting of 100 screens, with limited lives and while collecting all 1000 rings. 

The End is Nigh is still the best platformer I've played to date though. If you are a fan of this type of games, this is definitely one to check out! :)  

The most hardest game that is not UR for me is Hollow Knight for sure, I always tempted to play The End is Nigh, I like the gameplay and the art, I'm a fan of Super Meat Boy , but I am not prepared to SMB level of challenge right now... And every year that passes, worst ability I will have to be able to platinum this haha.

• Like 1