"Acquire all skills" List

Does anyone know if ALL skills count? I'm only missing this trophy and some lapis lazuli but i need something ridiculous like 35 skill points still. There are some skills from the Mushin Arts esoteric text that cost like 9 skill points, can anyone who got this trophy confirm if these different ones count?

Probably grasping for straws but you'd be too if you'd been fighting the same 4 enemies for 3 hours haha

Edited by linkdevivo

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

Does anyone know if ALL skills count? I'm only missing this trophy and some lapis lazuli but i need something ridiculous like 35 skill points still. There are some skills from the Mushin Arts esoteric text that cost like 9 skill points, can anyone who got this trophy confirm if these different ones count?

Probably grasping for straws but you'd be too if you'd been fighting the same 4 enemies for 3 hours haha

Jeeze some are 9 each? In the final one I don't have yet I am assuming,  that sounds like some serious grinding.  Not excited for when I get to that point haha..

2 hours ago, vgor1988 said:

You need every single skill from the skill tree, but you don't need every single skill that drops from bosses. For example, you get the combat art One Mind from the Shura ending, but that one is not required for the trophy.

Thank you. Was also wondering about this.

8 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Jeeze some are 9 each? In the final one I don't have yet I am assuming,  that sounds like some serious grinding.  Not excited for when I get to that point haha..

haha yeah man. Wait till NG+ as enemies give more xp, but it's still a grind! ready up some podcasts, if you want any good ones ranging from video games to politics hit me up.

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

is the skills you get from isshin required?

Hide contents

its when you return to ashina castle after the divine dragon boss and hes lying dead next to emma. if you talk to her a 2nd time she gives you a text scroll from isshin.

Yes. The trophy is for skills you get from skill trees. 

Spoiler

You get 2 of them from the sculptor 1 from the monk temple and 1 from isshin if you talk to him or emma if you stay loyal to kuro.

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

sorry will do it right away

No worries! It's for others who haven't gotten far. I already 'spoiled' myself by reading up on the endings, but only because I'm not having success in getting anywhere lol. Every boss is a wall but I'm getting better :) 

3 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

No worries! It's for others who haven't gotten far. I already 'spoiled' myself by reading up on the endings, but only because I'm not having success in getting anywhere lol. Every boss is a wall but I'm getting better :) 

its really challenging but ive loved every minute of it so far. i really love the combat, its fast and skill based. its one of those games where you dont always see any progress with a particular boss for example but the more you practice the more you slowly notice how you get better. its why its so rewarding when you do finally manage it. but yeah keep at it dude, you will get there. :D

• Like 1

Can confirm:

you only need to get all the possible skills from the all the skill trees. Dropped skills/passives by minibosses (incl terror dudes) dont count i guess Because im far from killing them all. I havent finished ng yet and i started killing terror dudes after the trophy. 

You can get all skill trees early in the game btw But the grind is a pain (Did nearly 5000 per minute). For a next skillpoint i need 80k exp

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spookjekat said:

You can get all skill trees early in the game btw But the grind is a pain (Did nearly 5000 per minute). For a next skillpoint i need 80k exp

God, I hate this kind of stuff. I am at NG+, just reached Fountainhead Palace and I need 45k for the next level as I basically killed only bosses and mini-boss in this run, and I still need a lot of skill points.

They should have required less points for some skills. I mean, 9 for the final one?? You already have to unlock 2 final skills to be able to unlock that, and that's a lot of points. By the time I'll unlock it I will be OP anyway and fed up with the game...

I finished NG+ with Shura and I was wondering: what is the fastest way to grind exp at this point? Should I load my backup and go for another ending still on NG+ to farm exp at the very endgame, or should I go on NG++ and do a speedrun up to endgame and farm. On NG++ enemies would give me more exp, but I am not sure if the time spent on speedrunning could be better spent just farming on NG+.

What do you guys suggest?

5 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

I finished NG+ with Shura and I was wondering: what is the fastest way to grind exp at this point? Should I load my backup and go for another ending still on NG+ to farm exp at the very endgame, or should I go on NG++ and do a speedrun up to endgame and farm. On NG++ enemies would give me more exp, but I am not sure if the time spent on speedrunning could be better spent just farming on NG+.

What do you guys suggest?

You still need the lapis lazuli from fountainhead (only place you can get em besides the hatred demon) so i'd advise to load up a save and beat the owl again to be able to go to fountainhead. Hope you have a backup to load before shura ending! Otherwise you're probably looking at another playthrough for platinum if you haven't upgraded all prosthetics.

5 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

You still need the lapis lazuli from fountainhead (only place you can get em besides the hatred demon) so i'd advise to load up a save and beat the owl again to be able to go to fountainhead. Hope you have a backup to load before shura ending! Otherwise you're probably looking at another playthrough for platinum if you haven't upgraded all prosthetics.

I plan to do it in NG++, since farming is fastest on endgame. The amount of exp you need to get all the skills is really ridiculous to me, not really liking this aspect :(

• Like 1

I've heard mixed reports, but can someone post how much experience they need per level once they've completed the skill tree? That, and whether or not you used the dragon mask. I'm trying to get a grasp on just how much grinding is needed (re: a lot).

23 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

I've heard mixed reports, but can someone post how much experience they need per level once they've completed the skill tree? That, and whether or not you used the dragon mask. I'm trying to get a grasp on just how much grinding is needed (re: a lot).

The final skillpoint costs around 79k if you haven't spent any skillpoints to upgrade your attack. But the grind in this game is nowhere near as bad as in Dark Souls 3, it should take maybe 5h tops.

6 minutes ago, vgor1988 said:

The final skillpoint costs around 79k if you haven't spent any skillpoints to upgrade your attack. But the grind in this game is nowhere near as bad as in Dark Souls 3, it should take maybe 5h tops.

Tell me about it, I spent 17 hours across 3 days farming silver knights, never again.

I've heard that the final point costs 80k (close to yours), but goes up 2k every point after that. If that's true, my +3 attack may have cost me up to 5 hours of extra grinding in NG+. However unlike the DS3 grind, at least I know I'll be done in x amount of time, rather than having to rely on luck to finish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vgor1988 said:

Which is still a lot (haven't played any DS, though).

But yeah, it took me 4 hours probably to grind the last 25 points (but I spent 10 on strength, so last point needed 90k+). I was on NG++ endgame.

1 hour ago, linkdevivo said:

god i remember those fucking silver knights. that was a tough plat. almost gave up.

Yep, it's the only Dark Souls game I didn't complete on both PS4 and Xbox, only because I don't want anything to do with that BS again.

Can anyone confirm wether or not upgrading attack power increases the cost of skill points, or is it merely just ability unlocks that cause it. I was gonna grind out some extra attack power, but If it’s just gonna slow me down when it comes to grinding out points for my last few skills I’m not sure I will bother.

4 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Can anyone confirm wether or not upgrading attack power increases the cost of skill points, or is it merely just ability unlocks that cause it. I was gonna grind out some extra attack power, but If it’s just gonna slow me down when it comes to grinding out points for my last few skills I’m not sure I will bother.

1 Attack power upgrade is gonna cost you 5 skill points, which by the end will surpass 80k xp per point, so rounding down it comes to about 400k extra XP you'd have to farm if you invest in a single attack power upgrade. You do the maths if it's worth it to you, personally I believe that  extra points in attack power aren't gonna help you at all.

• Like 1