Campfire Cookout, season pass announced

MidnightDragon

The next DLC, Campfire Cookout, will be available on PSN April 18. Here's what it entails:

The Onion King has joined the Cookie Scouts in his latest bid to appease his kingdom after raising the Unbread and he wants you to help him make amends. Campfire Cook Off sees players head into the forests of the Onion Kingdom to cook under the stars. This brand new DLC boasts a whole heap of content; new kitchens, new chefs, new recipes and new mechanics!

• New map! Climb aboard the Onion King’s bus and follow the famous Trail Mix Trail (what do you mean you haven’t heard of it?!)
  • 12 levels! Play a whole host of new kitchens with up to three of your friends, from tall tree tops to rushing rivers!
  • Chefs! Four new chefs are ready to take on the great outdoors and earn their cooking in the wilderness badges!
  • Recipes! Open up the recipe book, you have two new meals to learn! These camping favorites will require all of your cooking know how to perfect.
  • Mechanics! Campfire Cook Off introduces some new mechanics that will put even the best chefs to the test

On top of that, a season pass was announced that includes Campfire Cookout and two other upcoming DLC.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/overcooked-2-dlc-campfire-cook-and-season-pass-announced

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

DLC is already out, and it seems Season Pass will be more expensive than three DLC bought separately. I see nothing additional besides "The surprise second course promises to satisfy the bravest of appetites.".

I wonder if buying Season Pass is profitable if you only care about trophies and not additional chefs, stages etc.

3 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

DLC is already out, and it seems Season Pass will be more expensive than three DLC bought separately. I see nothing additional besides "The surprise second course promises to satisfy the bravest of appetites.".

I wonder if buying Season Pass is profitable if you only care about trophies and not additional chefs, stages etc.

That will only be the case assuming the second and third DLC cost the same or less than this first one. Personally, I will buy the season pass, worst case scenario I overpayed 2-3 €, big deal. 

I did this mistake with FFXV... Instead of getting the season pass, I bought the first character episode as a single DLC.. in the end I spent 15€ for the three character DLC and 10-15€ for comrades, so ended up spending about 30€ instead of the 15€ that would have been the price for the entire season pass. 

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBadKingCule said:

Im really looking forward to playing it these days.

Compared to the Surf and Turf dlc, how difficult is it to obtain 3 stars on every level?

I did Surf ‘n’ Turf solo, and didn’t find it too bad. Been slowly playing Campfire Cookout with my sister, doing a couple of levels per day, and some of the scores have been really tough and needed a lot of attempts.

But I think that might be due to bad coordination between us - the added Backpack element really gets you to work together, and can cause a lot of problems if you’re not communicating well enough, and also seems to add a lot of confusion (or maybe we’re just simple creatures). If you and your partner both work well together it’s definitely doable though (so far anyway, currently on 2-3 but the score is tough and we barely made 2stars so far). 

That said I think its actually a really fun addition and I’d definitely recommend it to anyone who loves the base game, as this is a great next step in terms of added difficulty :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

I did Surf ‘n’ Turf solo, and didn’t find it too bad. Been slowly playing Campfire Cookout with my sister, doing a couple of levels per day, and some of the scores have been really tough and needed a lot of attempts.

But I think that might be due to bad coordination between us - the added Backpack element really gets you to work together, and can cause a lot of problems if you’re not communicating well enough, and also seems to add a lot of confusion (or maybe we’re just simple creatures). If you and your partner both work well together it’s definitely doable though (so far anyway, currently on 2-3 but the score is tough and we barely made 2stars so far). 

That said I think its actually a really fun addition and I’d definitely recommend it to anyone who loves the base game, as this is a great next step in terms of added difficulty :)

Thanks for the feeback.

We are motivated to make it through haha.

Regarding leven 2-3 I already heard it must be pretty hard.

I did both DLC packs solo, and I found Campfire Cookoff to be harder. Levels 3-1, 3-3, and 3-4 in particular leave almost no room for error (I had to re-do level 3-4 more times than any other level in the main game or any of the DLC available so far).

Even with all of my retries and sucking at the DLC, I still had to grind out 150 wood burnings after being done everything else. Why do they keep adding the stupid "do some action 200 more times than will come naturally" trophies??

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2019 at 4:19 AM, NathanielJohn said:

I did both DLC packs solo, and I found Campfire Cookoff to be harder. Levels 3-1, 3-3, and 3-4 in particular leave almost no room for error (I had to re-do level 3-4 more times than any other level in the main game or any of the DLC available so far).

Even with all of my retries and sucking at the DLC, I still had to grind out 150 wood burnings after being done everything else. Why do they keep adding the stupid "do some action 200 more times than will come naturally" trophies??

I just finished the DLC levels with my wife. We breezed through the main game and the Surfs Up DLC but wow 3-4 was a real challenge. Couldn't imagine getting the 4th star. 

16 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

I just finished the DLC levels with my wife. We breezed through the main game and the Surfs Up DLC but wow 3-4 was a real challenge. Couldn't imagine getting the 4th star. 

Honestly, I got 4 stars without hardly even trying, so it's not that bad (at least solo, the more I play, the more often I see some levels solo are actually easier than in co-op). I agree 3-4 is a sudden difficulty spike (that was the case in Surf N' Turf too), because it introduces a gameplay element that can cost you prepared meal if you're not careful. Probably next DLC will introduce similiar concept in last level.

The key is to remember when disaster is coming, and it's better to wait several seconds than to risk losing prepared meal. Maybe it's obvious, but it helped me to ace this level.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Honestly, I got 4 stars without hardly even trying, so it's not that bad (at least solo, the more I play, the more often I see some levels solo are actually easier than in co-op). I agree 3-4 is a sudden difficulty spike (that was the case in Surf N' Turf too), because it introduces a gameplay element that can cost you prepared meal if you're not careful. Probably next DLC will introduce similiar concept in last level.

The key is to remember when disaster is coming, and it's better to wait several seconds than to risk losing prepared meal. Maybe it's obvious, but it helped me to ace this level.

Yep. Taking a half cooked meal with you or some cut up meat/firewood saves time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 10:28 PM, Moiledieu said:

Seriously ? 1120 points for 2 players during the Level 2-3 ? This game is sh*t.

Try solo!! It only requires 500 points which is easy (less than half of the needed 2 player points).

Me and my gf tried for hours, managing to deliver 14 meals many times which is around 1.070 points...but we didnt manage the asked for 15 meals.

Then I did one solo run out of curiosity and got 520 first try and could've easily gotten 600+.

Its totally unfair for 2 players

Yeah, it's like they're not testing the amount of points required for a level. Also for the four-star levels in the base game, some of them are completely impossible as they're based on the amount of points you acquired when going for the third star. If you do a level flawlessly, it asks you to get an impossible amount of points. It's crazy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27.08.2019 at 8:21 PM, HusKy said:

> Carnival of Chaos will be launching on Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One on September 12th!

My heartbeat rate went up when I saw CoH arrived in New DLC section, and now I know I have to wait another 6 days... Damn.

BTW I see they're FINALLY abandoned grindy trophies known from other DLC. Doing 2 things 100 times is way less tedious than it could be.

38 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

My heartbeat rate went up when I saw CoH arrived in New DLC section, and now I know I have to wait another 6 days... Damn.

BTW I see they're FINALLY abandoned grindy trophies known from other DLC. Doing 2 things 100 times is way less tedious than it could be.

Final DLC list looks easy enough. I can finally start looking for sale price for the season pass.

• Like 1

I got the season pass but it still asks me to pay to download carnival of chaos. anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I found on their website that its definitely supposed to be part of the season pass so I guess its a store error

Edited by Rammstone

7 hours ago, Rammstone said:

I got the season pass but it still asks me to pay to download carnival of chaos. anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I found on their website that its definitely supposed to be part of the season pass so I guess its a store error

I have the same problem in my region's store.  I guess we have to wait a bit until it gets fixed.