Assassins Creed 1 Remastered or Remake?

DarkLordSHTR

10 hours ago, SkyMason said:

Honestly this game was ass. It made me not want to pick up AC2, which was honestly a thousand times better. Maybe they can give it an enhanced port like they did with the Ezio trilogy, but other than the novelty of this being the first game in the series, I don't think anyone is really clamoring for a remake/remaster of this game.

I was the same way...played the first game back in 2008, and I hated it. Like I liked the overall idea they were trying to achieve...but that idea was wrapped in an insanely repetitive game, I wanted nothing to do with the series after that. 

2012 comes along, AC3 is announced and news is in circulation and everyone is so super excited....and I'm just over here like "AC1 was terrible...why do people want this so bad?"....so several of my friends pleaded with me to play AC2, saying that it was a far better game than the first. So I went one step further and just bought the Ezio Trilogy on PS3...planning ahead in case I actually liked AC2. Turned out, I LOVED AC2, and became a huge fan of this series after that. 

So with AC1 getting remastered...for me, it's more of a novelty thing at this point. Other than Chronicles, it's the only AC game I don't own. But the big thing is that a Remaster would mean it gets trophy support...so I'm willing to put up with AC1 to Plat it. But I would also assume that they would actually REMASTER it...meaning they do what they did with AC3 and actually touch up on the gameplay elements, make it a much smoother game. It'd still be AC1 as it's core...but some Quality of Life improvements could go a long way.

• Like 2

If they can make an enhanced port of 2 which is a bit overrated if you take off the nostalgia goggles they could do it with 1 too. But a remake from the ground up would be a lot better if they put in side content wich was the only thing lacking in my opinion. Maybe they could make 1 and Bloodlines into one game, kind of like the book did.

• Like 1

Really hope so. I'd like to be able to get trophies for the whole AC franchise rather than having a missing entry.

Plus, AC1 is the only once I've actually played before. So it was be nice to replay it before getting into the rest of the franchise.