Long, good games, with relatively easy trophies

happyman778

Hello all, 

I am soon to be fly to Washington D.C from London, and I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations of Vita games I could play on my 8 hour flight that are fun, good, relatively long, and have rather easy trophy lists. I don't play my Vita much these days so this will a good time for me to dive into those hidden gems I know are out there.

Rehards,

happyman778

Severed. Probably Plat it by the end of the flight. It's made by the Gaucamelee developer drinkbox.

It's a totally touch screen Metroidvania type that has a good story, good fight mechanics and easy enough.

It was also free on Plus a couple of years ago so you may have it already!

• Like 3

Yomawari night alone and Yomawari mightnight shadows were pretty easy and long. One of my top ten Vita games as well. If you want a challenging long game try muramasa rebirth.

Edited by JMFV4223

17 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Reverie is very good, pretty easy (you may want to cross reference a collectible guide for the feather locations) and could probably be completed in that flight.

I can back this up, I platinumed this game in under 5 hours on my first playthrough and it was amazing, I loved it so much I immediately started it again on the other system!!

• Like 2

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is long as hell, fantastic and is an easy plat, plus it looks gorgeous on the Vita. Muramasa Rebirth is absolutely amazing too and so are the DLCs for it, but plat and 100% are way harder than Odin Sphere. Still plenty of content to last you for hours before getting into the hard stuff though.

Also Guacamelee if you haven't already played it. Probably the best metroidvania on the Vita.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Maybe even Uncharted: Golden Abyss, though you're gonna eventually need a guide for the collectibles.

I don't think this is a good suggestion due to all the "gimmicks" the game uses. I feel it would be annoying on a plane, especially since people complain about the light/map part in regular circumstances lol.

Just now, mako-heart said:

I don't think this is a good suggestion due to all the "gimmicks" the game uses. I feel it would be annoying on a plane, especially since people complain about the light/map part in regular circumstances lol.

It's been along time since I've played it. I forgot about that part.

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

It's been along time since I've played it. I forgot about that part.

I like to play Vita before I go to bed, and I've been lazily (poorly) working on Crushing -- there's a lot of annoyances that I come across laying down that would probably be more annoying in a tiny shared area ahha.

Like, OP, the game is super good, just not for plane imo.

edit -- 

I just looked and they already Plat it rofl

Edited by mako-heart

You can also stack up a lot of Ratalaika/Sometimes You games that you like. Or any Lego game, although those probably take longer than the flight itself. There's also Tearaway, Child of Light (no plat though) or Hitman GO / Lara Croft GO...

On 3/30/2019 at 7:39 AM, dcdfan said:

You can also stack up a lot of Ratalaika/Sometimes You games that you like. Or any Lego game, although those probably take longer than the flight itself. There's also Tearaway, Child of Light (no plat though) or Hitman GO / Lara Croft GO...

i recommend child of light. it's pretty lengthy. alot of collectible goodies to get through the areas.

i might tackle it sometime not sure when.

• Like 1

assassin's creed chronicles trilogy...3 games for the price of one...haha...there are collectibles but you can see where they are in the map view so no need to cross reference a guide...you'll need 2+ playthroughs for the plat so a bit of extended play there mastering your runs for high scores/times...decent game if you like the series...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

assassin's creed chronicles trilogy...3 games for the price of one...haha...there are collectibles but you can see where they are in the map view so no need to cross reference a guide...you'll need 2+ playthroughs for the plat so a bit of extended play there mastering your runs for high scores/times...decent game if you like the series...

+1 very good suggestion :)

• 1 month later...

Drink some bubblies and get some sleep. When you land you need all the energy you have to party!! Put that vita away!!! 

How was your flight!??

On 22/05/2019 at 7:45 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Drink some bubblies and get some sleep. When you land you need all the energy you have to party!! Put that vita away!!! 

How was your flight!??

I struggle to sleep on planes, so that wasn't an option. My flight was good, as props to the passenger next to me who didn't get up once to use the bathroom. Well done him.

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2019 at 10:02 AM, Seasonreaper said:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is long as hell, fantastic and is an easy plat, plus it looks gorgeous on the Vita. Muramasa Rebirth is absolutely amazing too and so are the DLCs for it, but plat and 100% are way harder than Odin Sphere. Still plenty of content to last you for hours before getting into the hard stuff though.

Also Guacamelee if you haven't already played it. Probably the best metroidvania on the Vita.

odin sphere is the shortest and easiest of the 3 vanillaware games. if i remember it was around 30-40 hours, but a ton of fun indeed. muramasa is lengthy and definitely challenging, dragon's crown has the most length to it, definitely near or over the 100 hour range. this would also be a good recommendation as its not a very hard platinum, mostly grindy. all great games but if you want to avoid challenge, definitely avoid muramasa. i hear the DLC's are tougher than the base game, i only platinum'd the game, never played the DLC's. 

9 hours ago, RJP_X said:

i hear the DLC's are tougher than the base game, i only platinum'd the game, never played the DLC's. 

Questionable. The second boss of A Cause to Daikon For is probably the toughest fight on Fury mode in the game in my opinion, but the others in the DLCs aren't too bad. They're absolutely worth playing though, each of the characters plays differently to the main game and are really fun, the new bosses are mostly great and the stories are decent. I'd honestly say the DLCs are better than the main game, and I love the main game.