Free Game Frenzy

Everyone loves things for free. But when it comes to games you get what you pay for mostly. There are some diamonds in the rough, but for the most part they are tried and after some time forgotten and put into the dusty corner of the backlog under the old issues of Game Informer. Was it too buggy, too much grind or well I will just get to it later. Well now is the time to dust it off and get on the completed side of the board. As a sort of spiritual brother to @ShakeNBake663 PS Plus, I hope to inspire others to get those games done.

Rules:

List what you are working on, your backlog and what you have completed. Maybe give a short review when so others can maybe will see what is crap and what is worth giving a shot.

No Cheating Obviously

Also you can look for game partners for any multiplayer games. There are many games that are MMO's that may require longterm boosting.

Participants:

Kingofbattle8174

Spoiler

Working on:

Path of Exile

Started

Frobisher Says

Don't Bite Me Bro

Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms 

Neverwinter 

Backlog

Crazy Market 

Fat Princess Adventures 

Run Sackboy Run 

Adventure Capitalist 

Adventure Pop

A King's Tale Final Fantasy XV 

Apex Legends 

Big City Stories 

Clicker Heroes 

Fallout Shelter 

Gwent The Witcher Card Game 

Minefield

NBA 2K19 The Prelude

Prominence Poker

Tera 

Completed:

Paraiso Island

Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

Welcome Park

I would give it a go. Am trying my hand at trying to plat both reaper of souls. Re6. both on ps3 and 4, dead rising off the record and dead rising 2 on ps4. I might not do it as yeah a lot of stuff but yeah am willing to try.

Working on: re 6 (both ps3 and 4) reaper of souls and off the record

My backlog is very big:

cod, mw2,3,ww2, ghosts

medal of honor reboot, frontline and warfighter

hitman hds on ps3 along with absolution

wolfenstein 2009 and 2 and 3d

doom classic complete

far cry classic,2,3

time crisis

prince of Persia 1 2 and 3. 2008 reboot and forgotten sands

darkness 2

uncharted 1,2,3,4, lost legacy

resident evil 6 (ps3 and 4) op, chronicles and remake 1, code veronica

god of war 2, ghost, 3, ascension

dmc 1,2 4 and reboot

battlefield bad company 1 and ww1

Vanquish

3d dot game heroes

nier 2

killzone 1

mass effect 1,2,3

crisis classic

borderlands 1.5

kh3

watch dogs

ninja gaiden 2

saboteur

midway arcade

pac man

dig dug

infamus 1,3 and 4

la noir

painkiller

serious sam 3

darksiders 1,2

deadly premonition

dragon age 1 and 2

homefront 2

heavy fire

metro last light

ride to hell

splatterhouse

spec ops the line

and a lot more

Edited by KANERKB

@KANERKB  @SuperSmash5U

Ok well just a reminder, this is not another ps plus challenge. The games I am talking about are the ones on the ps store that are marked as free. Limited time free games count though such as Black Ops 3 when it was given away a few months ago. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174

As I'm somewhat of an aficionado of F2P crap I suppose I've come to the right place. :awesome:

Started

Fallout Shelter

Neverwinter

Trove

Completed

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Brawlhalla

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake

Happy Dungeons

Kill Strain

Kitten Squad

Licky The Lucky Lizard Lives Again

Marvel Heroes Omega

Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Run Sackboy! Run!

The Tomorrow Children

Vitamin Z

Welcome Park

Feel 'free' to ask me any questions about any of the games on my list.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@KANERKB  @SuperSmash5U

Ok well just a reminder, this is not another ps plus challenge. The games I am talking about are the ones on the ps store that are marked as free. Limited time free games count though such as Black Ops 3 when it was given away a few months ago. 

Okay, well, I don't think I can do this event as I don't tend to play games marked as free because they are either episodes of episodic games or platinumless games.

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

@KANERKB  @SuperSmash5U

ah can't do it then as I don't have many free games, I thought this was for both ps plus and normal games I got on disc.

Sound kind of fun. Sign me up.

Working On:

Started:
Brawlhalla
Pox Nora
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
SMITE
Warframe

Backlog:
HEX: Card Clash
Dungeon Defenders II
Skyforge
Neverwinter
Path of Exile
TERA

Finished:
Paladins

• Like 1

So I am going to talk a bit about what I am working on and what I have completed.

First up is my current working on game on PS4 and out this past week, Path of Exiles. This is a diablo style MMO that is a blast to play. From what I read it is possible to get platinum solo. The leveling system is quite complex. Reminds me alot of FFX sphere grid. My main complaint is the lack of storage space on your person. So if you are the type to collect everything you are going to backtracking alot to sell off your loot. Lags and getting booted off only happen rarely and it runs very smooth. It looks great and there is something satisfying about watching the spririts of your slain enemies fly away. The difficulty level is just right as well. You may die some but as long as you keep to your builds play style you should be fine. Like as a ranger you will not be able to take more than a few hits before you are toast. This is a long game though. I also assume that this game will get multiple dlc packs ala Neverwinter. It would be a fun journey though and you dont have to beat the game like 8 times if you were playing Diablo. 

• Like 1

just finished fallout shelter and happy dungeons, 

I haven't started any others yet as they are huge grinds but would love to one day knockout star trek, neverwinter, trove and a few other titles that are going to take many hours of investment but for the time being im just working on some of my games in my backlog that i've already started.

games i've completed to date are:

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

just finished fallout shelter and happy dungeons, 

havent started any others yet as they are huge grinds but would love to one day knockout star trek, neverwinter, trove and a few other titles that are going to take many hours of investment but for the time being im just working on some of my games in my backlog that i've already started.

Neverwinter is a huge commitment. I have lost count of how many dlc’s there are now. It was not bad from what i remember. I forgot why I stopped playing it to begin with but still havnt found the time to go back.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Neverwinter is a huge commitment. I have lost count of how many dlc’s there are now. It was not bad from what i remember. I forgot why I stopped playing it to begin with but still havnt found the time to go back.

tbh that and warframe seem to be a losing battle as they are always releasing new dlc but one day i will decide to bite the bullet and finally start them.

• 2 weeks later...

Orcs Must Die! Unchained got shut down today, right on schedule. Sometimes server shutdowns don't happen when they are announced but if there was an in game economy tied to real dollars that got shut down ahead of time then it's a pretty safe bet that the game will get shut down when they say it will (or even earlier! Marvel Heroes Omega).

I managed to get what is easily the hardest trophy in Neverwinter yesterday, Master of Svardborg. You have to get through the 10 player Svardborg (Master) trial without anyone in your team dying once. Players can revive other players or revive themselves using scrolls but not for the purpose of getting this trophy. Honestly it's a little unreasonable as you don't have much influence over how others play. Just not dying yourself would've been more reasonable but it is what it is. Currently the only thing standing between me and a 100% in Neverwinter is one trophy for completing another 10 player trial called Cradle of the Death God which our group is planning to work on this weekend. Of course there will most likely be new trophies added in the next planned update in like 3 months. People are actually concerned how the game will play after the update as it is supposed to change a lot of the core mechanics of the game. So some of the trophies in the game may be even harder after the patch but I also heard something about the developers re-balancing earlier encounters with the new mechanics in mind, so who knows.