Hardest boss?

Who was the hardest boss for you?

I just beat the game (missing Shura ending) and for me it was the "secret" boss for the Purification ending 

Spoiler

Owl 2.0

Guy has high resistance to damage, large area of attack, he is fast and can almost 1-shot you.

The secret boss

Spoiler

Demon of Hatred

and the final boss

Spoiler

Sword Saint Isshin

were not that hard when I found out Divine Confetti increases damage to them (I am 100% sure for the first one, and I think it also increased damage on the second, but the fight was too intense to check properly :D).

Edited by nudoetcrudo

6 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Im doing end game now, I've prob died under 10 times for any 1 boss but Owl kicked my ass for about 20 dragonrots lol

Lmao I understand the feeling. Second encounter? It was the only one that destroying me badly after quite some attempts, and after 15 min I still had no clue how to beat him. Took me 2 hours lol (probably doing it at 3am was not the best idea, though).

I'm sure I died most often in Butterfly. However, this was only because I ran to her right from the start and didn't have that much experience in the game besides the small amount of damage. When I first defeated Gyoubu, I defeated her with my first attempt. Looking back, I would say that Genichiro was very challenging, as I wasn't so good with the timings at the time and that fight was little forgiving here. The Demon of Hatred also caused me a bit of trouble because I either don't understand his jump attack or it doesn't work perfectly. In 50% of the cases I grappeld him up and was still thrown back. Next time I did everything exactly the same and was not thrown back.
I am curious how Isshin Ashina will be in NG+.

35 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

I'm sure I died most often in Butterfly. However, this was only because I ran to her right from the start and didn't have that much experience in the game besides the small amount of damage. When I first defeated Gyoubu, I defeated her with my first attempt. Looking back, I would say that Genichiro was very challenging, as I wasn't so good with the timings at the time and that fight was little forgiving here. The Demon of Hatred also caused me a bit of trouble because I either don't understand his jump attack or it doesn't work perfectly. In 50% of the cases I grappeld him up and was still thrown back. Next time I did everything exactly the same and was not thrown back.
I am curious how Isshin Ashina will be in NG+.

If we consider early bosses, than Juzou the Drankard was an absolute wall for me lol

It took maybe 3 hours but I was never deflecting, instead I was trying to avoid him (I finished DMC5 just the day before and was still used to that gameplay lol). Looking back, I was an idiot :D

Edited by nudoetcrudo

1 minute ago, nudoetcrudo said:

If we consider early bosses, than Juzou the Drankard was an absolute wall for me lol

It took maybe 3 hours but I was never deflecting, instead I was trying to avoid him (I finished DMC5 just the day before and was still used to that gameplay lol). Looking back, I was an idiot :D

Actually I'm still sprinting around him, hitting one or two times and repeat this :D 

10 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

Actually I'm still sprinting around him, hitting one or two times and repeat this :D 

You need to deflect! 

I didn't deflect much only for big bosses like the Ape and the Demon, but even there if you deflect heavy attacks you can stun them (for instance if you deflect the charged smash attack of the Ape, you bring it on the ground and stun it). 

I really like this mechanic.

Edited by nudoetcrudo

Sword Saint without a doubt, though he became easier on my second PT.

By the time I fought Owl at Hirata I've already learned to have Patience with Owl fights. First I was really pissed off by his second phase, but when I figured to watch out for the flying Owl, he became much easier.

The first Guardian Ape was my personal Brick Wall. I was so devasteted to find out about his second phase... 

The only bosses I never really learned to properly beat are Demon of Hatred and the Ogres... fuck those hitboxes and grab attacks.

7 minutes ago, Mori said:

By the time I fought Owl at Hirata I've already learned to have Patience with Owl fights. First I was really pissed off by his second phase, but when I figured to watch out for the flying Owl, he became much easier.

The first Guardian Ape was my personal Brick Wall. I was so devasteted to find out about his second phase... 

The only bosses I never really learned to properly beat are Demon of Hatred and the Ogres... fuck those hitboxes and grab attacks.

My post is just an hour old and I have to change my opinion. Sword Saint is annoying af.

My biggest problem is my impatience with Genichiro. Dealing with this whacko is sooooo boring and a waste of time to learn the real boss. I really HATE when developers implement such a useless and annoying time sink and the loading times seem to be 100x longer than for any other fight....might be due to this stupid cutscene starting EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! (yes I know I can skip it).

Edited by Silencer0004
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mori said:

Yeah I did Owl 2.0 first so that may be why Saint Sword was easier. They are both based on quick deflects, so one trains for the other.

And yes, for Ogres I mostly spammed attacks, retreat, heal, spam more attacks lol

1 minute ago, Silencer0004 said:

My post is just an hour old and I have to change my opinion. Sword Saint is annoying af.

My biggest problem is my impatience with Genichiro. Dealing with this whacko is sooooo boring and a waste of time to learn the real boss. I really HATE when developers implement such a useless and annoying time sink.

Genichiro can be easily done no-hit if you are very aggressive and know his patterns and I agree, it's annoying to waste time on him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Genichiro can be easily done no-hit if you are very aggressive and know his patterns and I agree, it's annoying to waste time on him. 

Yeah it's not a matter of beating him but beating him without a hit. I get unfocused and then he hits me for like 50% and I think "Screw this shit, I'll give it another try"

• Like 1

I haven't finished the game yet but I have beaten all bosses up to and including monk 2.0.  Genchiro so far gave me the most trouble because I didn't learn to parry at all up until that fight, but man did he teach me how to parry haha.  I am sure he will be much easier for me on NG+ now that I can parry decently.  Also the dancer girl before monks first fight made me want to smash something,  I just couldn't kill her for so long I had to take a break for a bit haha.  The dancer girl reminded me of Boreal dancer from DS3 where I just couldn't read her abilities.  I figured out to just keep my fingers off the left joystick and just parry so I could double jump her one attack and cause tons of posture damage,  if I had my fingers on the joystick I would instinctively jump away.

16 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Owl 2.0

Yeah this is the right answer. A los of people are saying that the answer is The final boss (SSI) but I beat him on my 3rd try, you just need to be conservative in his 2 final phases and wait for Mikiris and electric jumps to hit him. It felt so good to beat bosses in this game.

Alright, I am at the Shura ending and the final boss is actually harder than expected, hardest so far. Not sure if it's because I am on NG+ though, but NG+ was a breeze so far (with few exceptions).

Damn, I feel like I should have done it on my first playthrough :D 

Edited by nudoetcrudo

Weeeell....i know it's stupid but the giant carp that you need to poison because i kept getting lost in the water and he kept killing me in one hit. Also, i couldn't find his body after, so that was also pretty annoying and a stupidly, personally placed and well deserved (on my part) brick wall. I was stuck there for quite some time. Before that, it was definitely Owl, that guy is ridiculous but in the end, i almost got a perfect off of his first form on NG+. I actually found the one at Hirata to be easier than the first because you get more breathing space to fight him. Also, I'd like to say that the ape was one of the best bosses for me. That guy is just designed so well in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

Weeeell....i know it's stupid but the giant carp that you need to poison because i kept getting lost in the water and he kept killing me in one hit. Also, i couldn't find his body after, so that was also pretty annoying and a stupidly, personally placed and well deserved (on my part) brick wall. I was stuck there for quite some time. Before that, it was definitely Owl, that guy is ridiculous but in the end, i almost got a perfect off of his first form on NG+. I actually found the one at Hirata to be easier than the first because you get more breathing space to fight him. Also, I'd like to say that the ape was one of the best bosses for me. That guy is just designed so well in my opinion. 

You mean the HUGE carp in the underwater tunnel to reach the main palace at Fountainhead Palace? You are not supposed to kill it like that. You can kill it by feeding it a special bait which you get as item from the nobles obsessed by carps. Its body is then where the Ape was.

I also loved the Ape, for sure among the best designed. 

34 minutes ago, nudoetcrudo said:

You mean the HUGE carp in the underwater tunnel to reach the main palace at Fountainhead Palace? You are not supposed to kill it like that. You can kill it by feeding it a special bait which you get as item from the nobles obsessed by carps. Its body is then where the Ape was.

I also loved the Ape, for sure among the best designed. 

But before you can poison him, you have to swim by him through a series of structures. I didn't see the door at the top and he kept killing me in the water. And i stupidly searched all places with deep water that he could have gone, i didn't think to go to the waterhole at the time.

40 minutes ago, Gamer-Girls-FTW said:

But before you can poison him, you have to swim by him through a series of structures. I didn't see the door at the top and he kept killing me in the water. And i stupidly searched all places with deep water that he could have gone, i didn't think to go to the waterhole at the time.

Oh I see! I thought you killed it underwater by poisoning him (subimaru arm is poisonous).

:D